How to increase libido and erections without testosterone replacement?

Chasingtime

I lost my testicles in an accident and cannot tolerate any testosterone replacement. I've tried all methods so please trust me it's not an option. How do I increase my libido and erections supplementally? I've tried from 5mgs to 200 of dhea with dim, 30 to 90mgs of pregnenolone with dim and 750mgs of tribulus/l-arginine with dim and still nothing after a few weeks of each.

Brian

There's a study that showed mice without testicles were able to produce normal amounts of testosterone with adequate nutrition in other tissues. Thyroid and vitamin A are the two fundamental ingredients for hormone production including testosterone. So any goal for increasing testosterone should start there.

In my experience DHEA doesn't do anything much unless your stress hormones are already fairly low. When first supplementing it seems the lesser the better. Starting out I noticed benefits from less than 1 mg per day. But once your metabolism is higher you can do 5mg three times per day.

Based off my experience I think the prerequisite conditions for DHEA to be effective is already fairly low cortisol that you should be able to achieve through lowering free fatty acids and supplying regular meals of high carb and protein (about 20-30 grams per meal), but low fat.

OP
C

Chasingtime

My stress levels have been super hyper for years since losing my testicles, my colon, my home, career and 2 marriages. Unfortunately I lost my colon to colitis and can only ingest ensure shakes for my nutrition. anyhow, I've tried low doses of dhea (5, 10 & 15mgs per day) and dim as an aromatase inhibitor to no avail. Only thing that keeps me from crying most days is high doses of dhea and no anti depressants or psych meds have helped even a little so I feel stuck. I want my sex life back. Any other thoughts?

Brian

Chasingtime said:
post 108855 My stress levels have been super hyper for years since losing my testicles, my colon, my home, career and 2 marriages. Unfortunately I lost my colon to colitis and can only ingest ensure shakes for my nutrition. anyhow, I've tried low doses of dhea (5, 10 & 15mgs per day) and dim as an aromatase inhibitor to no avail. Only thing that keeps me from crying most days is high doses of dhea and no anti depressants or psych meds have helped even a little so I feel stuck. I want my sex life back. Any other thoughts?

I would be cautious about high doses of DHEA. Doses above 5mg at a time are almost always estrogenic and for me it seemed estrogenic even at smaller amounts when my stress hormones are high. I would try very tiny amounts a few times per day. Like less than 1mg. But progress in your health is going to come from much more fundamental things than a single supplement.

Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Whatever path that you take to better health its going to be a long process of addressing all aspects of your metabolism. I definitely don't have easy answers for you and neither does anyone else on this forum, but if you start a personal log-thread and update it regularly other members of the forum can help you brainstorm a strategy. Make sure to give lots of detail such as lab work and details about your diet and lifestyle. Title it something like, "Chasingtime's Log" so that forum members notice it.

I know that feeling of desperately wanting libido back, but the solution isn't in a single supplement. There's probably not going to be a quick fix, but you've come to a good place to learn and get at the root of your metabolic issues.

For starters listen to the Generative Energy podcasts. http://www.generativeenergy.com/ They are a really good summary for some key concepts for healing metabolism.

Last edited by a moderator:

michael94

I don't think healing metabolism, as important as it is, is going to bring libido back to a man with no testicles. You need some sort of hormone replacement therapy and there's really no getting around it. Try proviron maybe?

franko

Chasingtime said:
I lost my testicles in an accident and cannot tolerate any testosterone replacement. I've tried all methods so please trust me it's not an option. How do I increase my libido and erections supplementally? I've tried from 5mgs to 200 of dhea with dim, 30 to 90mgs of pregnenolone with dim and 750mgs of tribulus/l-arginine with dim and still nothing after a few weeks of each.

Is DHT an option? You could try Andractim gel or mesterlone (Proviron), or exemestane. I experimented with Andractim gel and felt a libido increase.

OP
C

Chasingtime

I fear my hands may be tied as I've no access to prescription insurance so that's why I was trying the supplement route and honestly cipionate and gels both gave me massive headaches when my ex wife insured me. Scratching my head here. Also hoping dim will control estrogen because I literally fade to depression without the higher dhea doses. Thanks for the advice regarding, chasingtimes log and for the proveron advice. I've not tried dht. Is that or any of the above suggestions available otc?

answersfound

Cyproheptadine should be of help to you.

Brian

Chasingtime said:
post 108869 I fear my hands may be tied as I've no access to prescription insurance so that's why I was trying the supplement route and honestly cipionate and gels both gave me massive headaches when my ex wife insured me. Scratching my head here. Also hoping dim will control estrogen because I literally fade to depression without the higher dhea doses. Thanks for the advice regarding, chasingtimes log and for the proveron advice. I've not tried dht. Is that or any of the above suggestions available otc?

http://www.AllDayChemist.com is a pharmacy company in India that you can order from without a prescription for a lot of potentially useful pro-metabolic drugs. There's a flat shipping rate of $25 and most of the products are low priced, but the quality is very good.

They have things like Cyproheptadine (serotonin antagonist), Bromocriptine (Dopamine agonist), Clonidine (cortisol antagonist), Aromasin/Exemestane (Estrogen Antagonist--works kind of like DHT could be a sensible replacement for it). One or more of these might be useful to you and can be bought fairly cheaply there, but I wouldn't rush into buying anything quite yet. I would spend some time getting educated on them and asking for advice about them. But they are very likely to be more effective than what you're doing right now with DIM and high dose DHEA.

What's your fat soluble vitamin intake of A, D, E, and K? That can be an effective way to help control estrogen. If you want something quick and reliable you can try http://www.Idealabsdc.com and try their product Estroban. I have seen it reduce estrogen in people I know personally.

OP
C

Chasingtime

My nutrition is strictly 4 to 6 ensure plus shakes a day because of the loss of my colon. Attached is the nutritional label...

Attachments

• 176495.jpg
    176495.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 867
J

jb116

Chasingtime said:
post 109002 My nutrition is strictly 4 to 6 ensure plus shakes a day because of the loss of my colon. Attached is the nutritional label...
Ensure is not the best thing, as you can see primarily the overall unsaturatd fats are much higher than the sat fat. Also these shakes have other ingredients that won't jive well.

tara

:welcome Chasingtime

I don't know anything specific about your particular question, but I'd guess that attending to general health and metabolism would be a good part of any attempt. Even with all the physical bits in place, a depleted system often doesn't prioritise reproductive functions.
Have you got any data from which to assess your general general metabolism/thyroid function? What you can do yourself is to measure your body temps and pulse several times over a few days, preferably including on waking, half an hour or so after breakfast, and sometime in the afternoon. But any is better than none. Have you have any thyroid lab tests taken in the last while?

Chasingtime said:
post 109002 My nutrition is strictly 4 to 6 ensure plus shakes a day because of the loss of my colon. Attached is the nutritional label...
I don't know what other options you have, or whether you could put together a better mix yourself, but to me it looks like there are several improvements to look for.

Unless you have any transplants or implants that mean you need to suppress your immune system, the polyunsaturated fats look much higher than optimal. If I were making my own, I'd leave out the PUFAs altogether. Many of us here try to keep this as low as we practically can. Maybe include a little more SFA (but not necessarily much). PUFAs can mess with producing a good hormone balance. The high PUFA content may contribute to lowering your base metabolism so that you can survive on the low calories, but there is a cost to that.

Even if you drank 6 of these a day, it's a low calorie diet. If you only drink 4, its a very low calorie diet. 4x350=1400 cals is less than the starvation phase of the Minnestota Starvation Experiment. Those guys avoided climbing stairs, let alone a having raging libido. At 6x350=2100 cals it's still insufficient for most adults to sustain a healthy metabolism. If you are maintaining on this, I expect that indicates a suppressed metabolism, which can affect many/all systems.

I wonder what the protein is? A mixture of isolated amino acids, or whole protein molecules? I don't know, but it may be that they are in a form that would allow you to get away with less protein than on a real food diet, so it may be enough?

Can't see the actual micronutrient quantities, and don't know the standards those percentages are based on (maybe the local RDIs?). But my guess is that it will be lower in calcium than Peat would usually recommend. Sometimes people benefit from more of particular vitamins to help with particular issues, and often people need more of most micronutrients (and calories) if they increase their metabolism.

Have you started reading/listening to Peat's articles or interviews? I'd recommend taking a look at the ones on fats.

I imagine that even if improving nutrition didn't improve your primary issue, it would still be likely to provide a better basis for whatever other supplementation you decide to try. Sometimes other tactics can cause more stress than help if there is not enough fuel and other nutrients in the system.

NOt being quite clear how your mechanics work without a colon, I'm wondering if you still have the normal gall-bladder sending out bile with estrogen etc to be carried out of the system, or whether this method of detoxing estrogen is impaired?

michael94

Chasingtime said:
post 108869 I fear my hands may be tied as I've no access to prescription insurance so that's why I was trying the supplement route and honestly cipionate and gels both gave me massive headaches when my ex wife insured me. Scratching my head here. Also hoping dim will control estrogen because I literally fade to depression without the higher dhea doses. Thanks for the advice regarding, chasingtimes log and for the proveron advice. I've not tried dht. Is that or any of the above suggestions available otc?

I don't have a specific source or I'd pm you however there's a subreddit specifically for steroid sources and you should be able to find some quickly that way. All you need is some Bitcoin and it will likely be cheaper than whatever prescriptions you were taking.

OP
C

Chasingtime

I have my gallbladder and all kinds of energy but my libido and erections are non existent. I've just dumped the dhea and dim and I'm trying 3 grams of creatine a day to see if that helps but I wonder if my e2 has already plummeted or may eventually from creatine. I've no option but ensure because my digestion can't tolerate anything else and I've tried for 3 years now. I can say my weight hasn't been affected by the low calorie diet.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder if you could tolerate a mixture of amino acids (like haidut has written about) with honey or sugar and coconut oil or MCT oil in place of the ensure?

Forum member Wilfrid had part of his colon removed from Crohns disease and after some time implementing many of Peat's ideas he is doing well and able to eat quite a varied diet. His situation might be different from yours as far as colon health is concerned but perhaps you could pm him or read through his posts to see if there are any similarities?

OP
C

Chasingtime

Solid foods are not an option because of paradoxical muscle issues. I'm not sure coconut oil and sugar would provide the vitamins and minerals ensure does but thank you very much for the link to a fellow colonly challenged member. I will contact him...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Chasingtime said:
post 109308 Solid foods are not an option because of paradoxical muscle issues. I'm not sure coconut oil and sugar would provide the vitamins and minerals ensure does but thank you very much for the link to a fellow colonly challenged member. I will contact him...
I figured you would need some supplements too. I was sort of just brainstorming ways you could reduce PUFA while still getting adequate nutrition. Oh and I forgot to say welcome to the forum!

OP
C

Chasingtime

Thank you for the welcome my friend. What do you guys think of creatine as a steroid alternative? I've heard it has some anabolic benefits....