A Cousin Of Niacinamide Cures Diabetes Type I

haidut

Forum Supporter
There have been several trials with niacinamide on type I diabetes and it seems effective in about 40% of the cases, especially when the beta cells of the pancreas are still viable. Probably as a result of these successful studies, big pharma has been looking to capitalize on these results for the last 30 years. Using a substance that can be thought of a cousin to niacinamide, this study showed reversal of type I diabetes in mice. Of course, the scientists immediately patented the molecules but they are both aminopyrazines. Niacinamide and pyridoxal are pyridines, and thiamine is a pyrimidine.
The human equivalent dose was 3.5mg/kg and duration was only 9 days.

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2015/15102 ... s9372.html
"...Insufficient pancreatic β-cell mass or function results in diabetes mellitus. While significant progress has been made in regulating insulin secretion from β-cells in diabetic patients, no pharmacological agents have been described that increase β-cell replication in humans. Here we report aminopyrazine compounds that stimulate robust β-cell proliferation in adult primary islets, most likely as a result of combined inhibition of DYRK1A and GSK3B. Aminopyrazine-treated human islets retain functionality in vitro and after transplantation into diabetic mice. Oral dosing of these compounds in diabetic mice induces β-cell proliferation, increases β-cell mass and insulin content, and improves glycaemic control. Biochemical, genetic and cell biology data point to Dyrk1a as the key molecular target. This study supports the feasibility of treating diabetes with an oral therapy to restore β-cell mass, and highlights a tractable pathway for future drug discovery efforts."

poilochio

Thank you for the Post Haidut

im a typ 1 and have been using 3x200 mg of B3 for over a year(ever since my Diagnosis in August 2014) together about 3x150 of b1 and recently even upped that amount.

so i will adjust my b3 and b1 to this amount and post my findings in 9 Days :D

ps. Also trying the Biotin 3x 5 gr per Day from the posted study about 2 weeks ago

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
poilochio said:
post 107375 Thank you for the Post Haidut

im a typ 1 and have been using 3x200 mg of B3 for over a year(ever since my Diagnosis in August 2014) together about 3x150 of b1 and recently even upped that amount.

so i will adjust my b3 and b1 to this amount and post my findings in 9 Days :D

ps. Also trying the Biotin 3x 5 gr per Day from the posted study about 2 weeks ago

Thanks for sharing. The human studies with niacinamide in type I used several grams daily but I think Peat has said that much lower doses are sufficient. He said that even for lethal diseases like ALS taking 100mg x 3 daily should be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarmander

I've been type 1 for 15+ years. Niacinamide is definitely helpful, I take it all the time and often at 2-3g or over. Sadly it isn't the "cure," but it's useful...probably more so for people just recently diagnosed

Sheila

Yes, please do let us know.
Did the biotin make any difference to your insulin requirements?
Did you see anything else from B1 dose elevation - better energy, more acute vision??
When I have trialed higher dose B1 (900mg /day divided doses) I feel I can see for miles, even though my normal longsight I thought was just fine. Odd, but very noticeable.
Thanks
Sheila

poilochio

Tarmander said:
I've been type 1 for 15+ years. Niacinamide is definitely helpful, I take it all the time and often at 2-3g or over. Sadly it isn't the "cure," but it's useful...probably more so for people just recently diagnosed

Nice..how do you notice its effects?
Do you just need less long acting insulin?

Or less units of short term?

paymanz

isnt it better if stop drinking coffee for a while when taking niacinamide? i say bcuz caffeine antagonist FFA lowering effect of NA a little bit at least.

Tarmander

poilochio said:
post 107485
Tarmander said:

Basically it doesn't change much on how much insulin you are using, but makes my blood sugar very stable. Anything I eat makes it rise slowly, and insulin makes it fall seemingly slower. When you first start using high doses of b3, I noticed maybe a bit of a pull back on basil rate, but you acclimate to it and even out. Just watch the first day or so and you'll be fine...you might get a few free carb snacks in the first day from its blood sugar lowering effect, but you'll acclimate.

poilochio

Tarmander said:
post 107624
poilochio said:
post 107485
Tarmander said:

Basically it doesn't change much on how much insulin you are using, but makes my blood sugar very stable. Anything I eat makes it rise slowly, and insulin makes it fall seemingly slower. When you first start using high doses of b3, I noticed maybe a bit of a pull back on basil rate, but you acclimate to it and even out. Just watch the first day or so and you'll be fine...you might get a few free carb snacks in the first day from its blood sugar lowering effect, but you'll acclimate.

Nice !free snacks sounds great to me:)

HLP

@haidut So I am assisting a woman with type 1 diabetes and would like some help. Her morning temps are 95.5 F. Her resting pulse averages in the mid 60s. She is on Synthroid alone and I gave her a bottle of Tyromix but she needs to wait til next week for some labs. She has agreed to increase sugar intake. Not sure what to do first. She injects insulin 3-4xs daily with a long acting dose at night. This has been diagnosed as gestational diabetes 15 years ago. Thanks in advance for any advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals