Theanine Stops And Reverses The Stress Reaction (cortisol, Noradrenalin, Dopamine)

Peata

haidut said:
post 69302

Skip to content

I read somewhere on the forum that cortisol and prolactin go together often, so do you think that Theanine can help lower prolactin as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
post 106630
haidut said:
post 69302

Skip to content

I read somewhere on the forum that cortisol and prolactin go together often, so do you think that Theanine can help lower prolactin as well?

Well, given the studies that it raises dopamine, I would expect it to lower prolactin like all other dopaminergic substances.

Peata

Peata

haidut said:

Two last question on theanine, if you have any thoughts on them, please...

1. Is it likely theanine could increase appetite similar to cypro?

2. Would it be a bad idea to take aspirin with theanine, as it is with cypro?

Thanks again.

Peata

Peata said:
haidut said:

Thanks again.

Just found your statement again on another thread: "Anything that inhibits serotonin will reduce platelet aggregation." from this thread: https://raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 54#p103376

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
post 106837
Peata said:
haidut said:

Thanks again.

Just found your statement again on another thread: "Anything that inhibits serotonin will reduce platelet aggregation." from this thread: viewtopic.php?style=43&f=161&t=8054#p103376

I don't know the answer to these questions, but there is some evidence that theanine may affect platelet aggregation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23155618

Peata

For some reason a lower dose of theanine (200 mg daily) doesn't have the same cypro-type mental boost that higher doses did, like 800+ mg.

onioneyedox

Peata, have you tested Suntheanine? It is supposed to be higher (close to 100%) in L-theanine while regular ones are much lower. I remember Dr. Best brand (others are available) suntheanine to be more effective than Bluebrainboost's regular kind I'm using now. Though it has been several months since I run out of dr. Best and haven't tested them concurrently.

answersfound

firebreather said:
post 110772 Would theanine be a bad option for someone dealing with major stress but has low cortisol?

I don't think low cortisol is a problem. If anything, I think peat prefers it. I have low cortisol and I take about 300 mg theanine per day without any issues.

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 110773
firebreather said:
post 110772 Would theanine be a bad option for someone dealing with major stress but has low cortisol?

I don't think low cortisol is a problem. If anything, I think peat prefers it. I have low cortisol and I take about 300 mg theanine per day without any issues.

Great, I recently started taking Tauring in the afternoon an in the evening along with Niacinimide to help with sleep. Would it be fine to take in the evening with these other 2?

answersfound

firebreather said:
post 110775
answersfound said:
post 110773
firebreather said:

Great, I recently started taking Tauring in the afternoon an in the evening along with Niacinimide to help with sleep. Would it be fine to take in the evening with these other 2?

I'm not sure to be honest. I know people combine taurine and caffeine or niacinamide and caffeine. On second thought, I think it's perfectly fine. If you look at a can of red bull, it has taurine and niacinamide because they probably have synergistic effects.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to include this picture from the second study. Basically, a human dose of about 1.5g theanine daily for 3 weeks eliminated entirely the cortisol response to stress. As you can see the cortisol level of stressed rats given theanine is the same as the cortisol level of non-stressed rats.

Attachments

• theanine_cortisol_stress.png
    theanine_cortisol_stress.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 659

encerent

I've been using this for about 9 months, 200mg/2-3 times a week. It's seemed to have stopped working in the last month.

sugarisgreat

Here's an article from my tea vendor: Why do elderly people miss the tea they drunk before?

The more umami in the tea, the more theanine. People usually say green tea for japanese green teas but there are green teas in other countries and they are certainly less concentrated in theanine than japanese green teas (because they have less umami).

And lower brewing temperature (70-80C) will extract more theanine.

I thought wild tea had more theanine but apparently not. So my guess in this thread may be incorrect: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5798
P

Mossy

I thought it may be helpful to note that a low dose of theanine (25mg+-) caused excitatory effects for me. This motivated me to search this out, and I stumbled upon a PubMed abstract stating just that:

"...the excitatory effects were shown in the rat i.v. administered 1 and 2 micromol/kg (0.174 and 0.348 mg/kg) b.w. of theanine alone. These results suggested two effects of theanine, depending on its concentration."
Inhibiting effects of theanine on caffeine stimulation evaluated by EEG in the rat. - PubMed - NCBI

jaakkima

Does theanine specifically lower adrenalin, or do we know? I can't find anything...

Last edited:

YourUniverse

L-theanine powder tastes "sweet" to me. Shouldn't it taste more umami? Maybe it tastes "sweet" to encourage my use - my buds immediately recognize it is/will be beneficial for me..? (maybe I got some added sugar filler in my bulksupplements product..?)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals