Where should I begin !? Hypothyroid ?

Mr. Y

Hello everyone,

I'm a 22 years old man with MPB and a somewhat unhealthy skin, I first heard about Dr. Peat thanks to Danny Roddy and this is how I found this forum too.

I'm having some troubles to increase my metabolism.I feel always stressed. It's been a couple of month that I'm trying, but I feel that I'm just making things worst. I have been trying to eliminate my PUFA consumption, but I feel that it is quite impossible to do in my little world, everything seems to be made with PUFA and until now I found myself more starving and angry than anything else.
I have no idea of what exactly can be eaten (even thought I've read many times the list) and sometimes I get even more confused.
I've read on this forum that chicken isn't good and some other times that it is better for a hypothyroid person, the same goes for coffee, milk, ice cream, etc. So I just wanted to have a clear idea of what a hypothyroid person should eat to be able to increase the metabolism.

You may feel that I'm asking for a diet and I know that there isn't any specific diet, but I'm just lost.
Where should I begin ?

Thank you

Giraffe

:welcome Mr.Y

What are you eating at the moment? What did your diet look like before you heard about Dr. Peat? Do you have any food intolerances or digestive problems? Do you like coffee? What foods heat you up? What foods do you crave?

Mr. Y said:
post 106236 I have no idea of what exactly can be eaten (even thought I've read many times the list) and sometimes I get even more confused. I've read on this forum that chicken isn't good and some other times that it is better for a hypothyroid person, the same goes for coffee, milk, ice cream, etc. So I just wanted to have a clear idea of what a hypothyroid person should eat to be able to increase the metabolism.
Yeah, you read a lot of personal opinions here. I am hypothyroid, and I enjoy milk and coffee. After I found Peat's works I exchanged chicken for calf's liver and raw organic grounded beef, but mainly because they offer more vitamins. I am fine with chicken, others become more hypo when they eat chicken. For me ice cream is fine in summer, but at the moment I don't crave it (it's too cold).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Mr. Y

Mr. Y

Giraffe said:
post 106259 What are you eating at the moment? What did your diet look like before you heard about Dr. Peat? Do you have any food intolerances or digestive problems? Do you like coffee? What foods heat you up? What foods do you crave?

I am trying to eat some milk and OJ in the morning I dont "have the time" for eggs, but that can be fixed if Im willing to wake up even earlier then usually a bit of meat and then cheese or ice cream or fish or whatever there is at my house at night I dont find that Ie at a lot maybe 1500-2500 calories a day.

I dont have any food intolerances and for digestive problems, I tend to go every two three days to the bathroom, so maybe slow digestion.

I wont say I love coffee (I find the taste a bit sour) but I like it when I'm drinking it I feel calm, energized and then 30 min after I have stress and shaking for about 4h after...

I'm not sure exactly what food heats me up, but I'm always having hand and feet cold...

I feel like eating everything, I'm always hungry, even 1h after a good meal.

Blossom said:
post 106266 Welcome Mr. Y! Have you seen this yet?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20
Yes ! Very usefull informations I'm just not sure of how to apply this.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Mixed meals of carbohydrates, protein and some fat is a good start. Eating frequently often helps too. Sometimes www.cronometer.com can be helpful for analyzing if your current foods are meeting your nutrient requirements. I personally ignore their calorie recommendations on cronometer and try to eat enough for my appetite and metabolism.

OP
Mr. Y

Mr. Y

Thanks, I am going to check this website and follow your advice of eating more frequently, I hope I will be able to feel better.
How many time would you say it is taking to completely reverse a hypothyroid state ?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Mr. Y said:
post 106420 Thanks, I am going to check this website and follow your advice of eating more frequently, I hope I will be able to feel better.
How many time would you say it is taking to completely reverse a hypothyroid state ?
It's probably different for everyone but I remember eating/drinking something every couple hours for the first 8 months. After that I was gradually able to start eating/drinking less frequently. Now after over 2 years of this lifestyle I can last about 4-6 hours comfortably between meals or snacks if need be. That's just my personal experience and hopefully others will share their experiences too.

tara

:welcome Mr. Y.
Mr. Y said:
post 106328 I feel like eating everything, I'm always hungry, even 1h after a good meal.
No wonder you are hungry and cold - hopefully eating more will help.
My top priorities would be minimise PUFA, eat enough protein and carbs (more than you have been, and in several meals through the day as Blossom suggested), avoid anything that gives you a really bad reaction, and then improve on the food as you read and experiment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals