Endometriosis Is Driven By Estrogen

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has written about this before, but the official references I had seen always said that the cause is unknown and complex. This study claims that endometriosis is squarely an estrogen problem and blocking estrogen receptors in addition to reducing estrogen synthesis is the way to ago about treating it. The pharma approach would be to use aromatase inhibitors and drugs like fulvestrant to do that, in addition to the new estrogen receptor antagonists mentioned in the study.
A natural substance that has both of these properties - aromatase inhibitor and estrogen receptor antagonist - is vitamin E.
Finally, the study indirectly admits that estrogen is involved with overactive immune response and inflammation which are hallmarks of a number of auto-immune conditions such as MS, Chron's, Lupus, etc.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/288356.php
"...For their study, Prof. Katzenellenbogen and colleagues tested the new compounds - chloroindazole (CLI) and oxabicycloheptene sulfonate (OBHS) - in mice with endometriosis and in human endometriotic cells. Both compounds block estrogen receptors - signaling proteins that regulate a range of genes, including some that affect immune response and promote inflammation."

Last edited:

Debz

Hi I read that research somewhere else yesterday and printed it for my Doctor . Unfortunately I see from the above article it will be a few years until this treatment is available for humans.
I definitely have all three : high estrogen, overactive immune response and inflammation.
Since the beginning of last year after a very bad blood test I found Peat and started a peat diet as well as,taking 1000mg asprin ,progest-e , Cyproheptadine ,vit B6, vitK from life extension and vitamin E I now take 800mg UniqueE.as well as Life Extension two a day multi vitamin
I finally got mad with the estrogen two months ago and took out my IUD which has messed up my hormones even more and the weight piled on.I read Peat say it takes time to recover after an IUD.This is when they found the cyst and endometriosis . I have no pain and this is probably due to the progest-e.
Do you know if taking out the affected ovary necessary ?

Debz

Hi Haidut, I meant B3 ,I also wanted to ask you about DIM and DHEA . When I stayed away from my Doctor and started on Peat .I stopped these two . And when she heard she sort of blamed my increase of estrogen on me not taking them ,so I was forced to buy them .What do you think , take what I have bought for a month ,continue long term or throw in the bin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Debz said:
Hi Haidut, I meant B3 ,I also wanted to ask you about DIM and DHEA . When I stayed away from my Doctor and started on Peat .I stopped these two . And when she heard she sort of blamed my increase of estrogen on me not taking them ,so I was forced to buy them .What do you think , take what I have bought for a month ,continue long term or throw in the bin?

DIM will suppress your thyroid, so ask your doctor about nettle root. It should also lower your estrogen since it is an aromatase inhbitor approved by Peat. Also, DHEA can convert into estrogen so I would ask your doctor what is she doing to ensure that it does not convert into estrogen in your case. Vitamin E and K are both good but make sure you take them at different times since at those high doses they can interfere with each other absorption.

Debz

Hi Haidut
I listened to your YouTube on Fat Sugar Weight yesterday it was excellent.
Would like to ask you about Prolactin numbers, I had a test three weeks ago
when I finally had to go into surgery to remove my ovaries as the cysts had doubled in size in two weeks and were pushing on my bladder and intestines .I have been battling with high Estrogen since the last time you gave me advice. My estrogen actually went up even more after using all the natural aromatase inhibitors mentioned on the Ray Peat forum and Peating for 3years. I take Cytomel which has been a big help getting my temps up . I also took femara for six weeks but the Estrogen came straight back.
Now that I have removed the ovaries anything I should be doing? I am feeling good but still get hives ,bags under my eyes .During surgery I had an epidural and just before they put me to sleep I had the biggest hive attack I’ve ever had.They thought it was the antibiotics they gave me but I think it was my normal reaction to stress since they were also starving me .I also had a blood pressure reading of 93/53 for 42hrs
My Prolactin is 220 ,not sure if that is high .Now that I have my prolactin number not sure what I should be doing with it.
Any help much appreciated.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Debz said:
post 105711 Hi Haidut
I listened to your YouTube on Fat Sugar Weight yesterday it was excellent.
Would like to ask you about Prolactin numbers, I had a test three weeks ago
when I finally had to go into surgery to remove my ovaries as the cysts had doubled in size in two weeks and were pushing on my bladder and intestines .I have been battling with high Estrogen since the last time you gave me advice. My estrogen actually went up even more after using all the natural aromatase inhibitors mentioned on the Ray Peat forum and Peating for 3years. I take Cytomel which has been a big help getting my temps up . I also took femara for six weeks but the Estrogen came straight back.
Now that I have removed the ovaries anything I should be doing? I am feeling good but still get hives ,bags under my eyes .During surgery I had an epidural and just before they put me to sleep I had the biggest hive attack I’ve ever had.They thought it was the antibiotics they gave me but I think it was my normal reaction to stress since they were also starving me .I also had a blood pressure reading of 93/53 for 42hrs
My Prolactin is 220 ,not sure if that is high .Now that I have my prolactin number not sure what I should be doing with it.

If prolactin is that high I would ask the doctor what he think about starting a low dose bromocriptine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Debz said:
post 105711
If it's measured in ng/ml then it's high.

Last edited by a moderator:

Debz

Hi ,My prolactin is measured in uIU/ml so is 220 okey then ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals