StressNon - Liquid Pregnenolone

J

j.

Re: Custom supplement - "Pregnenolone in vitamin E w/ olive

I'd be interested in knowing the difference between taking pregnenolone with vitamin E orally and taking micronized pregnenolone drops orally, if there is one, and someone has experience with it.

In reviews of the micronized drops, many mention it tastes bad.

tomisonbottom

Re: Custom supplement - "Pregnenolone in vitamin E w/ olive

haidut said:
Thanks for the great feedback! Try also combining with magnesium at night for a great session of sleep, or with caffeine during the day for a great energy boost without the jitters.

Hi Haidut,

What kind of magnesium do you recommend?

And have you ever heard of a pregnenolone made from anything other than yam?
I read somewhere on here (and now I can't find it) that that kind isn't good. But I honestly can't find the post and don't even know what other kind there is......

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I make my own magnesium bicarbonate. Just search the forum for it or Google it and you can find the recipe.
Also, there are liquid products containing magnesium acetate + chloride. Search Google for "CR liquid magnesium".
Synthetic pregnenolone is rare and expensive, and the one from yam is good enough as long as it is an actual pregnenolone and not just the unprocessed yam extract.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
As I mentioned a couple of days ago on another thread, we are changing the formulation of the steroid supplements in order to improve absorption and efficacy.
So, instead of olive oil, coconut oil and tocopherol we will be using a DMSO and ethanol for the pregnenolone supplement StressNon and the few other supplements that I am about to launch. Given that pregnenolone is notoriously hard to dissolve in anything, the amount per dose will decrease from 100mg to 20mg. Note that pregnenolone's solubility is only about 22mg/ml for ethanol or DMSO, so you are getting almost the maximum amount possible to pack up in the DMSO + ethanol mixture. Here is some info showing pregnenolone solubility in various solvents like DMSO and ethanol.
http://www.scbt.com/datasheet-204860-pregnenolone.html
On the positive side, the absorption will increase from 25% (using oil and tocopherol as solvents) to almost 100% (using DMSO and ethanol as solvents) so at the end you will be getting about the same dose in the blood, which is what matters for health purposes. In addition, the solution of DMSO / ethanol is not oily so it won't make stains on your clothes and absorbs fully within a minute or so.
Since the amount of pregnenolone dissolved in the supplement is now less then before, I am lowering the price of StressNon from $24.95 to $19.99. In addition, the bottle size will increase from 0.5oz to 1oz to compensate for the lower amount of pregnenolone in a dose.
If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks in advance for your understanding. We are pretty certain that this change results in much higher bioavailability of the supplement. On this note, we urge the users of StressNon, if interested, to get blood tests to confirm this fact.

bailadora

haidut said:
As I mentioned a couple of days ago on another thread, we are changing the formulation of the steroid supplements in order to improve absorption and efficacy.
So, instead of olive oil, coconut oil and tocopherol we will be using a DMSO and ethanol for the pregnenolone supplement StressNon and the few other supplements that I am about to launch. Given that pregnenolone is notoriously hard to dissolve in anything, the amount per dose will decrease from 100mg to 20mg. Note that pregnenolone's solubility is only about 22mg/ml for ethanol or DMSO, so you are getting almost the maximum amount possible to pack up in the DMSO + ethanol mixture. Here is some info showing pregnenolone solubility in various solvents like DMSO and ethanol.
On the positive side, the absorption will increase from 25% (using oil and tocopherol as solvents) to almost 100% (using DMSO and ethanol as solvents) so at the end you will be getting about the same dose in the blood, which is what matters for health purposes. In addition, the solution of DMSO / ethanol is not oily so it won't make stains on your clothes and absorbs fully within a minute or so.
Since the amount of pregnenolone dissolved in the supplement is now less then before, I am olowering the price of StressNon from $24.95 to $19.99. In addition, the bottle size will increase from 0.5oz to 1oz to compensate for the lower amount of pregnenolone in a dose.
If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks in advance for your understanding. We are pretty certain that this change results in much higher bioavailability of the supplement. On this note, we urge the users of StressNon, if interested, to get blood tests to confirm this fact.

Haircut is the pregnenolone in dmso available now to order? Your site still says vit e vs dmso.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
bailadora said:
haidut said:
Since the amount of pregnenolone dissolved in the supplement is now less then before, I am olowering the price of StressNon from $24.95 to $19.99. In addition, the bottle size will increase from 0.5oz to 1oz to compensate for the lower amount of pregnenolone in a dose.

Haircut is the pregnenolone in dmso available now to order? Your site still says vit e vs dmso.

Yes, it is. I will change the site right now. Thanks for letting me know.

ravster02

haidut said:

Haidut, do you have an ETA on the DHEA/preg and progesterone supps?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ravster02 said:
haidut said:

Haidut, do you have an ETA on the DHEA/preg and progesterone supps?

I am posting it on the forum right now:): It may take me an hour or two to post all the studies behind it but it will be there tonight.
Thanks for the interest.

acrylic

How do you take the stressnon with DMSO?

I know that you can only recommend external use, but was wondering how you personally take it.

-J

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have taken it orally but with steroids I prefer topical due to reason listed below. Several drops on the tongue with food to avoid the somewhat garlicky taste of DMSO and the burning sensation it may cause to some people when ingested. Sometimes I place the drops on a cookie or bread so they absorb the drops and then I eat the cookie/bread. Kind of like I take liquid vitamin A when I use it. However, specifically for steroids like pregnenolone and DHEA there may be a benefit to taking them topically IF you are a male. It has been shown that topical application of DHEA favors much more strongly the conversions into androgens. Topical pregnenolone seems to increase conversion into progesterone and lower cortisol more so than oral. So, there are benefits to each method.

answersfound

haidut said:
post 44345
loess said:
Ordered a bottle and received it last week. Thank you for the quick turnaround haidut! The relief from intense anxiety and worry that I have been experiencing as a result of taking several small doses (about 3-4 drops) spread out through day is incredible. Especially at night in combination with niacinamide. It feels like my whole body has been a super tight rubber band and then when the pregnenolone takes effect the rubber band slackens and goes limp, it's a really lovely feeling and it sort of temporarily frees me from the cage of my thoughts running wild and stressing me out.

Thanks for the great feedback! Try also combining with magnesium at night for a great session of sleep, or with caffeine during the day for a great energy boost without the jitters.
Any particular ratio of pregnenolone to caffeine you recommend? I know you mention that you take 500 mg niacinamide with 200 mg caffeine.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
answersfound said:
post 102687
haidut said:
post 44345
loess said:
Ordered a bottle and received it last week. Thank you for the quick turnaround haidut! The relief from intense anxiety and worry that I have been experiencing as a result of taking several small doses (about 3-4 drops) spread out through day is incredible. Especially at night in combination with niacinamide. It feels like my whole body has been a super tight rubber band and then when the pregnenolone takes effect the rubber band slackens and goes limp, it's a really lovely feeling and it sort of temporarily frees me from the cage of my thoughts running wild and stressing me out.

Any particular ratio of pregnenolone to caffeine you recommend? I know you mention that you take 500 mg niacinamide with 200 mg caffeine.

I feel best on 100mg pregnenolone daily, regardless of how much caffeine I ingest. The caffeine gives me a more of a dopaminergic effect, while the pregnenolone gives me temp and metabolic boost. I don't know why, it's just how it works in me. Not sure there is an optimal ratio of pregnenolone to caffeine, but you can experiment. Just keep in mind that for some people pregnenolone seems to convert into pregnenolone sulfate, which is a GABA antagonist. Combined with caffeine, which is also a GABA antagonist, may give some people the shakes. It's rare but it has been known to happen in some people.

answersfound

haidut said:
post 102854
answersfound said:
post 102687
haidut said:
post 44345
loess said:

I feel best on 100mg pregnenolone daily, regardless of how much caffeine I ingest. The caffeine gives me a more of a dopaminergic effect, while the pregnenolone gives me temp and metabolic boost. I don't know why, it's just how it works in me. Not sure there is an optimal ratio of pregnenolone to caffeine, but you can experiment. Just keep in mind that for some people pregnenolone seems to convert into pregnenolone sulfate, which is a GABA antagonist. Combined with caffeine, which is also a GABA antagonist, may give some people the shakes. It's rare but it has been known to happen in some people.

Do you take the 100 mg pregnenolone in one dose?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
answersfound said:
post 102871
haidut said:
post 102854
answersfound said:
post 102687
haidut said:
post 44345
loess said:

Do you take the 100 mg pregnenolone in one dose?

If I take only pregnenolone, yes, since I have 100mg capsules. If I take with DHEA, I take 30mg x 3 daily since I have 30mg capsules as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
!

supercoolguy

That sounds like a great improvment sir...^
Ive been mixing powder Preg in Warm Coconut Oil. Just for the heck of it, in hopes it might work a little more like Vit-E. No Facts on the matter. (Aprox 250mg per/wk. in tsp of CO)

Velve921

Just want to confirm and my apologies if I misinterpreted....so 100-200 IUs = 24 drops of vitamin E as that = 1 serving?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just want to confirm and my apologies if I misinterpreted....so 100-200 IUs = 24 drops of vitamin E as that = 1 serving?

The formula has changed and since this is an old thread I cannot edit the original post. StressNon in its current formulation has no vitamin E in it.