Matt Stone recommends fish oil

Milky

http://180degreehealth.com/fish-oil-fish-oil/

What a complete jackass. I'm so sick of his 180-degree BS.

"So, if you are eating almost all of your food at home, made from scratch, and you are going to great effort to avoid vegetable oil, pork fat, poultry fat, nuts, and seeds–the richest source of omega 6–there is absolutely no reason to supplement with omega 3.
However, if you’ve been eating a high omega 6 diet for decades, or you’ve even confirmed through blood tests that you have a big omega 6 to omega 3 imbalance, you very well might want to consume a few grams of omega 3 with your low omega 6 diet for 6-12 months until your omega 6:3 ratio has come back closer to 1:1 (most of us are at more than 10:1).
Now, if you’re eating and living as a “normal” citizen, it is truly impossible to eat a relaxed diet, go to restaurants frequently, etc. and keep your intake of omega 6 low. Our food supply is completely saturated with omega 6, as three of the richest sources of linoleic acid (an omega 6 fat) just happen to be the three most commonly-used oils in our food supply: corn oil, soy oil, and cottonseed oil.
Thus, if you are going to eat a normal diet, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY TAKE FISH OIL. Definitely! It is a great defense against the overconsumption of these oils, and a good defense against the other rich sources of omega 6 such as chicken, pork, and peanut butter.
It’s probably also a good idea to consume a decent amount of raw nuts and seeds if you are not being cautious about avoiding omega 6 in your diet. Nuts and seeds, although they are very high in polyunsaturated fat, contain a lot of nutrients such as vitamin E and several minerals that help to counteract the negative effects of omega 6, which is probably why they improve health statistics so dramatically compared to most other foods. Of all the nuts and seeds, flax and chia have the best ratio of omega 6 to omega 3. They actually have more omega 3 than omega 6, and they still contain plenty of vitamin E and minerals like other nuts and seeds.
In short, if you are going to eat a typical American-esque diet, supplement with fish oil, and add some fresh flax or chia seeds to your diet (flax seeds must be ground up to be absorbed). If the seeds are too much trouble, maybe have some walnuts and macadamia nuts instead."

Brian

His major point is that you should eat a low PUFA diet so that there is no need to artificially try to mess with your Omega 3 and 6 ratio in your tissues through supplementation. Matt's writing and speaking style is usually sarcastic like this.

OP
Milky

Milky

Sarcasm and humor are fine, but I just can't see the logic in actually recommending anyone consume more PUFA on top of PUFA. And fish oil is the worst of the worst.

J

jb116

Milky said:
post 101657 Sarcasm and humor are fine, but I just can't see the logic in actually recommending anyone consume more PUFA on top of PUFA. And fish oil is the worst of the worst.

the one true use of n-3 is to displace the n-6 in a pufa ridden body. Peat has mentioned this himself.
not ideal but can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarmander

Milky said:
post 101657 Sarcasm and humor are fine, but I just can't see the logic in actually recommending anyone consume more PUFA on top of PUFA. And fish oil is the worst of the worst.

I'd chug some fish oil before I chugged some soy oil...

Look out for Matt's next book "Eat For Heat And Beat Your Meat, Why Masturbation Helps To Increase The Metabolic Rate" with special bonus chapter "Why Does Matt Stone Have Gynecomastia?"

jyb

Brian said:
post 101655 His major point is that you should eat a low PUFA diet so that there is no need to artificially try to mess with your Omega 3 and 6 ratio in your tissues through supplementation. Matt's writing and speaking style is usually sarcastic like this.

Yes, I've seen this point made before. Lower your pufa as far as you can, but whatever pufa you can't avoid, then it is better with a higher n3 to n6 ratio. Not too surprising because pastured meat/dairy has higher ratio than in non-pasteured. So if you're screwed with an average pufa filled diet, their argument is that you should make it less bad by increasing the ratio. Not really a dilemma you should be facing if you already eat low pufa or fat from pastured ruminants.

johnwester130

fsfsdfsd.jpg