can I use lemonade instead of OJ?

knives

Limes are easier and faster to squeeze! :mrgreen:

answersfound

So you mean limeade?

mt_dreams

knives said:
post 101392 Limes are easier and faster to squeeze! :mrgreen:

Outside the obvious lack of sugar, which would be added in after I assume, lemons & limes have about a 1/3 of the vitamins & nutrients (excluding vit c which is about the same in lemons & half in limes).

Other than that, they are a tropical fruit low in estrogen & pufa, so if your stomach can handle the acid, making the switch is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

XPlus

I sometimes wonder how much citric acid is more than ideal.

tara

mt_dreams said:
post 101492 Other than that, they are a tropical fruit
I grow lemons. Definitely not tropical here.

I think lemon juice may have some special properties that are not the same as orange juice. Reams (RBTI) used them extensively. If you like lemonade, I'd say it'd be worth trying drinking some lemonade - it will probably give you some different benefits. So if OJ agrees with you, keep drinking that too. Large amounts of lemonade in a weakened state can sometimes have a strong (disruptive) effect, so I'd go gently to begin with, to see how it goes for you. I've been drinking lemonade from half- one lemon a day ( + honey to make it sweet) since my last cold, and I think it does me good.

mt_dreams

tara said:
I grow lemons. Definitely not tropical here.

Good catch, I must have been dreaming of warm weather when I was writing that. My neighbor grows them here up in Canada with an average strength grow bulb without any problems, so lemons seem to have a large growing region. The sentence should have read "Other than that, they are a citrus fruit ..."

OP
knives

knives

mt_dreams said:
post 101492
knives said:
post 101392 Limes are easier and faster to squeeze! :mrgreen:

Outside the obvious lack of sugar, which would be added in after I assume, lemons & limes have about a 1/3 of the vitamins & nutrients (excluding vit c which is about the same in lemons & half in limes).

Other than that, they are a tropical fruit low in estrogen & pufa, so if your stomach can handle the acid, making the switch is possible.

I'm drinking both these days.