Upper Limit Of Sugar/fructose?

How can you determine the upper limit of sugar to protein? Is it 2 to 1 carbs to protein? Someone is saying I look tired. I feel like my complexion is getting worse and ill do 2 qts a day if milk and 2 qts of oj.. is it too much?

Parsifal

I'm only eating 100g of proteins/day but eating way more sugar/fructose, like 400grams of honey and 1KG of fruits... And 1 spoon of coconut oil.

haidut

Forum Supporter
mayweatherking said:
post 100103 How can you determine the upper limit of sugar to protein? Is it 2 to 1 carbs to protein? Someone is saying I look tired. I feel like my complexion is getting worse and ill do 2 qts a day if milk and 2 qts of oj.. is it too much?

Peat said that the ideal proportion of sugar:protein:fat is not know but is probably about equal content of each in a meal. However, for hypothyroid people he recommends eating at least 2:1 ratio of carbs:protein until their condition improves enough so they can go by on less sugar. This is actually a good test of metabolism. The better your metabolism is the lower the carbs:protein ratio that you can handle without getting jittery. Also, ability to last longer between meals without getting stress symptoms.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mayweatherking
Ok.. what if I get very tired from doing this? I did 1 to 1 milk coffee oj.. then again with no coffee.. then I crashed and felt so tired.. I dk what it was

OP
mayweatherking
My temp is 99 too.. does it mean im becoming hyper thyroid? Mayb thats why im tired?

Parsifal

I believe that 2 quart of milk is too much and that too much liquids is not good but we are all different so you must do your own experiments.

tara

mayweatherking said:
post 100103 How can you determine the upper limit of sugar to protein? Is it 2 to 1 carbs to protein? Someone is saying I look tired. I feel like my complexion is getting worse and ill do 2 qts a day if milk and 2 qts of oj.. is it too much?

Probably it's quite individual and may change over time.
Some people say they do well with 1P:5-6C. Some say 1P:2C. Good chance you are somewhere in between.

You have to get your energy from somewhere, carbs and fat. If you are getting 100g protein, you may need a lot more than 200g carbs to get enough energy/calories, or else eat quite a lot of fat.

Peat says craving for sweet usually indicates a need for sugar. When it doesn't taste good, it may mean you can't handle more just now.

What does your taste/body tell you it wants?

RPDiciple

haidut said:
post 100111
mayweatherking said:

Peat said that the ideal proportion of sugar:protein:fat is not know but is probably about equal content of each in a meal. However, for hypothyroid people he recommends eating at least 2:1 ratio of carbs:protein until their condition improves enough so they can go by on less sugar. This is actually a good test of metabolism. The better your metabolism is the lower the carbs:protein ratio that you can handle without getting jittery. Also, ability to last longer between meals without getting stress symptoms.

RP says carb to protein should be at least 2:1 as a minimum no matter what. Because lower will cause cortisol to rise to much

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
post 100312
haidut said:
post 100111
mayweatherking said:

RP says carb to protein should be at least 2:1 as a minimum no matter what. Because lower will cause cortisol to rise to much

Yes, and then in another interview when he is asked about the ratio he says that the optimal ratio of macro nutrients isn't really known but is probably "about equal" amount of each one. And then he has said that when his metabolism is top notch he is able to go long time without food and can get away with a lower carb to protein ratio. Remember that if you are healthy you should have 200g - 400g of glycogen stored in your liver and muscles at any time. So, ingesting a lot of sugar is not always necessary. However, for hypothyroid people the higher ratio is necessary since they don't really have that much glycogen.

RPDiciple

haidut said:
post 100317
RPDiciple said:
post 100312
haidut said:
post 100111
mayweatherking said:

Yes, and then in another interview when he is asked about the ratio he says that the optimal ratio of macro nutrients isn't really known but is probably "about equal" amount of each one. And then he has said that when his metabolism is top notch he is able to go long time without food and can get away with a lower carb to protein ratio. Remember that if you are healthy you should have 200g - 400g of glycogen stored in your liver and muscles at any time. So, ingesting a lot of sugar is not always necessary. However, for hypothyroid people the higher ratio is necessary since they don't really have that much glycogen.

Get you. Thanx. Have you noticed a difference in terms of the ratio on how you feel?

haidut

Forum Supporter
RPDiciple said:
post 100426
haidut said:
post 100317
RPDiciple said:
post 100312
haidut said:
post 100111
mayweatherking said:

Get you. Thanx. Have you noticed a difference in terms of the ratio on how you feel?

If I eat more than 100g of sugar in one sitting I get hyper and hot. If I eat a lot of starch (even potatoes) I get sleepy, which is probably as a result of the insulin response. However, if I eat the potatoes with about 30g of ghee or coconut oil, the glycemic response is greatly blunted. So, if I know I am going to be eating a lot of starch I try to include some fat with it. But don't over do it since an insulinogenic food combined with fat will make you store most of that fat instead of burning it.

OP
mayweatherking
I am seriously in trouble guys. When I eat protein, I get very very sleepy. I thought it was a reaction to milk then I did chicken today instead of milk and felt even worse. Holy man I have no idea what to eat or do anymore I am losing it.

OP
mayweatherking
Does anyone know what this means? Too much or too little prtoein? It happened again today. I feel like I might have diabetes or something.

InChristAlone

Check your blood sugar when you are feeling sleepy. Maybe it is too insulinogenic for you right now.

Sea

mayweatherking said:
post 100819 I am seriously in trouble guys. When I eat protein, I get very very sleepy. I thought it was a reaction to milk then I did chicken today instead of milk and felt even worse. Holy man I have no idea what to eat or do anymore I am losing it.

Try eating some honey or other sugars with the protein.

OP
mayweatherking
Sea said:
post 100938
mayweatherking said:
post 100819 I am seriously in trouble guys. When I eat protein, I get very very sleepy. I thought it was a reaction to milk then I did chicken today instead of milk and felt even worse. Holy man I have no idea what to eat or do anymore I am losing it.

Try eating some honey or other sugars with the protein.

I do honey in the milk always.. I dk what causes tiredness though.. is it sugar to high casuing insulin or protein too high causing sugar drop or how to know for sure

OP
mayweatherking
Hi I just had the milk and oj with no egg shell calcium... can egg shell calcium make me really tired? ??? Lol what the hell I have no idea what im doing.

I was doing half a teaspoon of egg shell calcium everytime I drink to lower my prolactin that is 13

beachbum

mayweatherking said:
post 100953 Hi I just had the milk and oj with no egg shell calcium... can egg shell calcium make me really tired? ??? Lol what the hell I have no idea what im doing.

I was doing half a teaspoon of egg shell calcium everytime I drink to lower my prolactin that is 13

Curious to question about adding egg shell to drink. " Bumping"

schultz

I always seem to get around 100-120g of protein and 500g of carbs. 3:1 seems to be the minimum for me to feel reasonable, though I feel really great somewhere between 4:1 or 5:1.