Our Shoot With Ray

EIRE24

4peatssake said:
burtlancast said:
Except for the soccer results.
You watchin the women's World Cup? :mrgreen:

I watched a couple of games. I'm not sexist at all but I didnt expect much quality or good standard of play from the games but I was very surprised, to be fair to them they are class. I played a lot of soccer myself, professionally in the UK for 4 years. Do you have much interest in it?

4peatssake

EIRE24 said:
4peatssake said:
burtlancast said:

I watched a couple of games. I'm not sexist at all but I didnt expect much quality or good standard of play from the games but I was very surprised, to be fair to them they are class. I played a lot of soccer myself, professionally in the UK for 4 years. Do you have much interest in it?
My daughter played from the time she was 4. She's 18 now and this is the first year she isn't playing. She played mostly at the rec level and one regional traveling team.

I like watching the World Cup - both men's and women's.
I live in Canada so it's exciting here and our women's team is among the top 10.
I think the women's play is pretty darn good.

4peatssake

Sorry :offtopic

Peaterpeater

Ray Peat is a genius & he definitely looks good for his age. I'm surprised he has any time to brush his teeth with all the research he does. Many people I know have fake teeth and they aren't even in Hollywood.

pboy

he probably got enough woman over the years he's like eff it it doesn't matter

burtlancast

4peatssake said:
burtlancast said:

The only way i would watch women soccer is if they played without any clothes on. :geek:

G

gummybear

p3p82QH.jpg

4peatssake

:ninja Love it!

narouz

Can you deck them out in full Matrix regalia...?'
I mean those long black leather coats would be ideal....

montmorency

dd99 said:
Did anyone see the BBC's Eat To Live Forever? Giles Coren investigates the calorie restriction, Paleo and frutarian diets. If you've never seen Coren before, he's a brilliantly sarcastic guy.

Brother of Victoria Coren (now Coren Mitchell) who is equally sarcastic, but not particularly funny.
They are both children of the late humourist Alan Coren. Now he was funny, and not just sarcastic.
Some modern trends in British humour are downright unpleasant, like David Mitchell, husband of la Coren Mitchell.

There's women's soccer. And then there's rugby :cool:

mujuro

He looks damn good compared to my 81 year old grandfather. Although, he is a farmer, and has spent 1/2 of his waking life outdoors. They both seem to share good health: my grandfather's only ailment is high blood pressure - still strong as an ox and smart as a whip. Perhaps his good health can also be explained by his excessive consumption of black tea (instead of coffee), about 5 or 6 per day. I have read that it increases natural killer cells.

factosauras

Lol. Yeah, pretty sure those are false teeth. I love Peat, but if I'm using his health and vitality as a metric for the validity of his claims...not good. I think his mind is sharp, but he always seems jittery and tense. Supercentenarians usually have really high fat diets, and I think Peat errs more toward the low fat high carb side of things, which would explain the teeth.

Parsifal

factosauras said:
post 100076 Lol. Yeah, pretty sure those are false teeth. I love Peat, but if I'm using his health and vitality as a metric for the validity of his claims...not good. I think his mind is sharp, but he always seems jittery and tense. Supercentenarians usually have really high fat diets, and I think Peat errs more toward the low fat high carb side of things, which would explain the teeth.

Do you have any examples of supercentenarians diets? :carrot2

Last edited by a moderator:

factosauras

Filomena Taipe Mendoza
Peru
Potatoes, goat meat, sheep's milk, goat cheese and beans

Jeanne Calment
France
Port Wine, Chocolate [2lbs/week], Olive Oil, Cigarettes

Gertrude Baines
Crispy Bacon, Ice Cream, Fried Chicken

Edna Parker
Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, Fried Chicken

Lorena Volz
California
Fried her fish in bacon grease, drank quite a bit, smoked til 95.

Just a few individual examples. Macro examples would be like, Okinawa, where they eat a ***t ton of pork and fry everything in pork fat. They raise their own pork oftentimes, and it is known as the island of pork. Because pork fat largely reflects the diet of the pig, american pork might not share the same health benefits as it is raised on corn, soybeans, industrial byproducts, etc. It's also a tropical climate, skewing dietary sources of fat toward saturated, and further encouraging the pigs to have saturated fat. Sardinians obviously eat a lot of olive oil, drink wine, and eat a lot of products from goat's milk and sheep's milk.

Even Peat espouses the benefits of saturated fat, and he himself recommends the most saturated of all fats, coconut oil. Where his recommendations differ is that he touts the benefits of sugar, when in actuality a lot of evidence points to the contrary. Perhaps sugar isn't as harmful if you are eating a ***t-ton of saturated fat to begin with, but a low fat high sugar diet might be a bad idea.

haidut

Forum Supporter
factosauras said:
post 100114 Filomena Taipe Mendoza
Peru
Potatoes, goat meat, sheep's milk, goat cheese and beans

Jeanne Calment
France
Port Wine, Chocolate [2lbs/week], Olive Oil, Cigarettes

Gertrude Baines
Crispy Bacon, Ice Cream, Fried Chicken

Edna Parker
Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, Fried Chicken

Just a few individual examples. Macro examples would be like, Okinawa, where they eat a s*** ton of pork and fry everything in pork fat. They raise their own pork oftentimes, and it is known as the island of pork. Because pork fat largely reflects the diet of the pig, american pork might not share the same health benefits as it is raised on corn, soybeans, industrial byproducts, etc. It's also a tropical climate, skewing dietary sources of fat toward saturated, and further encouraging the pigs to have saturated fat. Sardinians obviously eat a lot of olive oil, drink wine, and eat a lot of products from goat's milk and sheep's milk.

Even Peat espouses the benefits of saturated fat, and he himself recommends the most saturated of all fats, coconut oil. Where his recommendations differ is that he touts the benefits of sugar, when in actuality a lot of evidence points to the contrary. Perhaps sugar isn't as harmful if you are eating a ***t-ton of saturated fat to begin with, but a low fat high sugar diet might be a bad idea.

Actually, 3 of the four people you listed ate high "sugar" diet. There is potatoes, ice cream, and chocolate in the diet of these 3. All of these are either pure glucose (potatoes) or sugary (ice cream, chocolate).

Last edited by a moderator:

factosauras

I wouldn't qualify potatoes as high sugar. They have no sugar. Glucose isn't sugar.

Ice cream has sugar true, but it usually has an equal or greater amount of fat. I would also guess ice cream was more of a treat, and not a dietary staple. This is how ice cream is treated by most of the world.

The amount of sugar in chocolate varies pretty widely depending on the brand, cacao percentage, etc., and I'm willing to bet she wasn't eating Hershey's.

I'm sure all supercentenarians consumed small amounts of sugar. The question isn't whether they ever consumed sugar, the question is whether they considered sugar a dietary staple and got a large amount of calories from sugar, especially at the expense of fat calories. I haven't seen one supercentenarian, or even one long-lived culture, that was known for pounding orange juice, but in a surprisingly large amount of cases there is reference to them eating crazy, "unhealthy" amounts of fat.