Chronic Ethanol Consumption Same As Chemical Castration

haidut

Forum Supporter
As Ray said, alcohol is estrogenic and should be consumed in moderation and preferably using clear spirits. The fact that castration and chronic alcohol consumption did not have synergistic effects suggests that alcohol consumption alone matched the effect of castration.

Effects of chronic ethanol intake on aromatization of androgens and concentration of estrogen and androgen receptors in rat liver. - PubMed - NCBI

"...The present study was carried out to investigate if ethanol alters aromatization of androgens and concentrations of hepatic estrogen and androgen receptors. Hepatic aromatization of androgen to estrogen was significantly increased by ethanol administration. There was a significant increase in serum estrogen level but a decreased circulating testosterone level in alcohol-fed rats. Furthermore, the concentration of estrogen receptors in liver cytosol was significantly higher in alcohol-fed rats (37 +/- 5.3 fmol/mg protein), as compared to the intact control value (21 +/- 4.8 fmol/mg protein). However, hepatic androgen receptor levels were much lower (4.4 +/- 0.5) in alcohol-fed rats than those (10.2 +/- 1.4 fmol/mg protein) in control animals. Similarly, castration increased hepatic aromatization of androgens and concentrations of serum estrogen and hepatic estrogen receptors, but it decreased contents of circulating androgen and hepatic androgen receptors. These findings indicate that alcohol administration is considered a chemical form of castration, altering the hepatic steroid metabolism and sex hormone receptor contents and contributing to the pathogenesis of feminization. A combination of alcohol-feeding and castration has no synergistic effect on the hepatic steroid receptors and aromatization, but this combination does have a more profound effect in lowering the concentration of circulating androgen.

Effects of ethanol on conjugated gonadal hormones in plasma of men. - PubMed - NCBI
"...The effects of ethanol, 0.3 g/kg body weight, on the concentrations of testosterone, androsterone, estradiol and estrone in unconjugated as well as conjugated forms in plasma of men were analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry using labelled internal standards. The concentrations of unconjugated steroids remained unchanged while the concentrations of estradiol conjugates increased markedly in all subjects in parallel with the alcohol concentration in blood. The results indicate that the reduction of the 17-oxo group of estrogen conjugates is influenced by the altered redox state in the liver during ethanol oxidation. The increased formation of estradiol conjugates combined with their hydrolysis in target organs could be one of the mechanisms behind the feminizing effects of ethanol."

Last edited:

dd99

How much ethanol is too much? There's ethanol in Energin!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
dd99 said:
How much ethanol is too much? There's ethanol in Energin!

Usually for rats chronic alcohol consumption is defined/studied as 5g/kg of pure ethanol per day, which amounts to about 150ml-160ml of vodka for a human per day (assuming 40% ABV), which is about 5-6 shots per day. I think we will all agree that this is too much alcohol consumed on a daily basis. Energin comes nowhere near that and most people take it topically, which further reduced the amount of alcohol that gets in the blood.

dd99

Thanks, that's a lot of vodka! So, no long term damage from taking 20 or do drops a day in O.J.?

Ben

Just don't drink. Alcohol has nothing useful to offer you, it is just a massive waste of resources. Hollywood will tempt you, but remember, the people at the top who control the media want to keep everyone else from succeeding.

I'm staying in a hostel in Denver, and I can observe the sleeping of people who drank. Snoring (hyperventilation and CO2 loss) is much worse in people who drank. One guy was uttering primitive syllables all night quite loudly.

Alcohol's effects are worse than just estrogenic. And plus you contribute to pathological economies in which people only crave alcohol because they work like slaves. Live the low-stress life and don't contribute to consumerism and pay people at the top who want to hurt others for money and power.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
dd99 said:
Thanks, that's a lot of vodka! So, no long term damage from taking 20 or do drops a day in O.J.?

Your body probably synthesizes more alcohol endogenously through fermentation (in the gut) on a daily basis than you would get from the product. So, I'd say the alcohol from Energin is pretty negligible as far as effects on the body.

BobbyDukes

I went through a faze years ago, looking for an alternative to alcohol. I took GHB for a bit; although, got into problems with that. Truth is, in the end, I just accepted alcohol for what it is. A social thing. Something that I do very occasionally.

I wonder if there are things to take, to lower this estrogen increasing side effect? Lots of zinc? Vitamin E? It would taking letrozole or something be a bit more hardcore? Or is alcohol just too much for the body to handle and estrogen wins?

Aspekt

Taking haidut's B formula seems to help. Pregnenelone too. I like to drink orange juice + gin or just a spirit + coke, the sugar seems to help. I do get hot, inflamed cheeks that seems characteristic of estrogen (at least for me), within a few minutes of starting to drink. Activated charcoal after drinking seems to aid recovery as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
BobbyDukes said:
I went through a faze years ago, looking for an alternative to alcohol. I took GHB for a bit; although, got into problems with that. Truth is, in the end, I just accepted alcohol for what it is. A social thing. Something that I do very occasionally.

I wonder if there are things to take, to lower this estrogen increasing side effect? Lots of zinc? Vitamin E? It would taking letrozole or something be a bit more hardcore? Or is alcohol just too much for the body to handle and estrogen wins?

Anything that speeds up alcohol metabolism will probably be helpful. So, things like thiamine, taurine, theanine, glycine, caffeine, etc all have studies showing speeding up of metabolism. However, the most effective way was suggested by Peat himself - sugar and especially fructose speed up alcohol metabolism by about 80%-100%.
So, the goal is to get rid of alcohol before it has had time to do its damage but after damage is done then all the enti-estrogenic therapies suggested on this forum will probably be helpful.

jaa

A few years ago I drank a 26oz of vodka with fresh squeezed OJ and Gerolstein carbonated water. Normally, that amount of alcohol would leave me sick with a pounding headache the following day, but the vodka OJ combo left me with little more than brain fog the next morning.

Zachs

Russians drink more than that daily and they aren't in danger of going extinct. Study debunked.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Zachs said:
Russians drink more than that daily and they aren't in danger of going extinct. Study debunked.

Well, 25% of Russian men die before the age of 55. Most people believe this is due to excessive alcohol consumption. However, I'd say the alcohol consumption is secondary to high stress and that is what kills most of them.
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-25961063

"...The study, in The Lancet, says 25% of Russian men die before they are 55, and most of the deaths are down to alcohol. The comparable UK figure is 7%."

Zachs

Hormonal castration and death are different things. just meant alcohol alone does not seem to impair fertility in humans. Maybe over quite a few years, especially with beer but there are also the unhealthy habits that go along with chronic alcohol consumption. There are quite a few examples of healthy procreaters and alcohol (also tobacco) consumption. It could be partly the anti stress effect of both.

Parsifal

Zachs said:
post 71925 Hormonal castration and death are different things. just meant alcohol alone does not seem to impair fertility in humans. Maybe over quite a few years, especially with beer but there are also the unhealthy habits that go along with chronic alcohol consumption. There are quite a few examples of healthy procreaters and alcohol (also tobacco) consumption. It could be partly the anti stress effect of both.
https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-the- ... -fertility

Don't forget that in our modern world we live a huge estrogen pollution never known by our ancestors so the effects are cumulative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinero

I bet the study didn't take into account the type of fat (saturated vs PUFA) as a variable. If saturated fats where eaten instead alcohol would not have a castration like effect. In fact, I often have increased sex drive after drinking. Study debunked.

Peata

Increased sex drive while drinking I think is just lowered inhibitions. If you mean after drinking, or the next day, it could just be a rebound of testosterone from where the alcohol lowered it before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals