No progress, just an update

Sea

iLoveSugar said:
post 105186 Upping nutrition is easier said than done in my current state. Trust me, I am forcing done as much as my body can handle. Avoiding starches, I am pounding as much milk and cheese as possible, with sugar and coke, and liver and oysters. I'm doing my best with salt, currently at about 3/4 tspn a day, but it's making me quite nauseated.

Yes, I have tried (lower doses) Niacinamide but it doesn't do what Klonopin does for me. Unfortunately.

I think this is a terrible diet for a hypothyroid person. I highly doubt you are adequately digesting milk, liver, oysters or even cheese if it is full fat cheese. This is why you can't eat enough calories. I have given you recommendations before of foods that are much easier to digest that should quickly improve your temp/pulse. I don't think supplements are much use until you can eat enough calories because most of them will just deplete your sugar faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I agree, but like I said, starchest literally make me feel like complete ***t. Potatoes, rice, etc. Same with full fat stuff like ice cream. The cheese is skim milk, moz cheese sticks. For what it's worth, I HATE my current diet.

answersfound

iLoveSugar said:
I agree, but like I said, starchest literally make me feel like complete s***. Potatoes, rice, etc. Same with full fat stuff like ice cream. The cheese is skim milk, moz cheese sticks. For what it's worth, I HATE my current diet.

I think you should use Cyproheptadine until all digestive issues go away. I also think you should be using small amounts of thyroid with each meal. Even if it's 1/4 grain each meal, it will move things in the right direction.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I am taking between .5 and 1 mg of cypro at night. I also have been taking cynoplus but doesn't do anything. If anything, I feel like straight T3 has more of a thermogenic effect than cynoplus. Still doesn't make me feel well though.

PeatThemAll

For sleep, you could try Benadryl 25mg. I was skeptical at first, but the 3 nights I have been using it have been uninterrupted sleep (so far). To the point of caffeine feeling like optional for the usual wakeup effect.

:2cents

answersfound

iLoveSugar said:
I am taking between .5 and 1 mg of cypro at night. I also have been taking cynoplus but doesn't do anything. If anything, I feel like straight T3 has more of a thermogenic effect than cynoplus. Still doesn't make me feel well though.

niacinamide could be very helpful for you too.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Sea said:
I have given you recommendations before of foods that are much easier to digest that should quickly improve your temp/pulse.

Could you possibly copy/paste your recommendations? Trying to find this on my phone is harder than I thought.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

PeatThemAll said:
post 105305 For sleep, you could try Benadryl 25mg. I was skeptical at first, but the 3 nights I have been using it have been uninterrupted sleep (so far). To the point of caffeine feeling like optional for the usual wakeup effect.

:2cents

I took Benadryl for quite a long time. The next day I am fogged and tired as ever regardless any amounts of coffee, caffeine, etc. Also, my sleep is pretty un-interrupted. Once I fall asleep, I can sleep for literally 12 hours.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

answersfound said:
post 105311
iLoveSugar said:

What doses? I currently take the Energin that other people take here that has Niacinamide in it.

answersfound

iLoveSugar said:
post 105352
answersfound said:
post 105311
iLoveSugar said:

What doses? I currently take the Energin that other people take here that has Niacinamide in it.

1000mg knocks out anxiety for me

Ella

Forum Supporter
Have you tried aspirin? It raises temperature and suppresses free fatty acids and it also has antimicrobial effects. I read somewhere where Peat says it is able to mimick T3 action better than T3.

tara

answersfound said:
post 105353
iLoveSugar said:
post 105352
answersfound said:
post 105311
iLoveSugar said:

1000mg knocks out anxiety for me
Experiment by gradual increases - some of us get trouble from high doses, some do well with them. I would expect higher doses to be riskier when food intake is low.

messtafarian said:
post 104149
iLoveSugar said:
post 104107 Treatment has not worked and I don't know what other treatment to try. Abx makes me want to die from the severe dizziness. I can't just ''power' through it.

I know. I tried a round of doxy on my own at the beginning of this year and had the most frightening symptoms anyone could imagine. I am still not sure if I have Lyme or not because the tests have been negative ( no labcorp positive ELISA) -- but I still have shellshocked memories from that doxy. *It should not have affected me that way if I did not have Lyme.*

So now I'm working on getting a proper test from Germany.

In the meantime I've read an awful lot about this, and the bottom line is -- ILS, you've got it and you have to treat it. There are alternative strategies, ways to manage reactions, and people who know how to do it. You may not have to tough it out as miserably under the guidance of the right practitioner.

If your immune system was going to kick it out on its own it would have done so by now.

We have to deal with the world as it is, cousin.

How did you react to doxy?

I took 100 mg for 7-8 days. After about 3-4 days, I started feeling some things were moving inside my chest, and I felt pinching feelings on my lymph nodes. Lymph nodes on my neck got mildly swollen. I had to complete a ten days course of doxy, but I couldn't. My neck and head literally went numb, even my ears.

messtafarian

Berk_Peat said:
post 111549
messtafarian said:
post 104149
iLoveSugar said:
post 104107

I took 100 mg for 7-8 days. After about 3-4 days, I started feeling some things were moving inside my chest, and I felt pinching feelings on my lymph nodes. Lymph nodes on my neck got mildly swollen. I had to complete a ten days course of doxy, but I couldn't. My neck and head literally went numb, even my ears.

Oh it was just the weirdest experience I have ever had. I felt like my heart was blowing soap bubbles -- huge ones -- in my chest. My head felt enormous. Yes, lymph node pain and oddness. Nerve sensations. Deeeeep -- nearly psychotic depression. I started making webcam videos to my son " in case I didn't make it."

I'm not sure if it was the actual doxy or if I got a bad batch. But I really felt like I was dying, like as in leaving the world. That started three days in -- the next day I took one more, satisfied myself it had to be whatever was in the pill and flushed the rest.

messtafarian said:
post 111553
Berk_Peat said:
post 111549
messtafarian said:
post 104149
iLoveSugar said:
post 104107

Oh it was just the weirdest experience I have ever had. I felt like my heart was blowing soap bubbles -- huge ones -- in my chest. My head felt enormous. Yes, lymph node pain and oddness. Nerve sensations. Deeeeep -- nearly psychotic depression. I started making webcam videos to my son " in case I didn't make it."

I'm not sure if it was the actual doxy or if I got a bad batch. But I really felt like I was dying, like as in leaving the world. That started three days in -- the next day I took one more, satisfied myself it had to be whatever was in the pill and flushed the rest.

I had exactly the same symptoms. Bubbles and all. It's a typical lyme symptom from what I hear. I know people taking doxy for a very long time and they never had issues like that.

messtafarian

Berk_Peat said:
I had exactly the same symptoms. Bubbles and all. It's a typical lyme symptom from what I hear. I know people taking doxy for a very long time and they never had issues like that.

Yeah. That was my next theory. That it shouldn't have effected me at all, so why did it, and hello Western Blot.

messtafarian said:
post 112243
Berk_Peat said:

Yeah. That was my next theory. That it shouldn't have effected me at all, so why did it, and hello Western Blot.

I feel those bubbles without doxy nowadays. Lots of neurological symptoms. Cyproheptadine, thyroid, and progest-e combo helps get warmer and have a great pulse rate.

Haidut said MB dissolves biofilms under red light, and I think it shouldn't be taken with with cyproheptadine.

I ask myself whether doxy is aggravating the bacteria because it's supposed to kill it and dead stuff shouldn't cause crazy symptoms.

messtafarian

The standard answer is that during dieoff the bacteria sheds neurotoxins that are directly aggravating to the nervous system. So -- yes, it is aggravating dead stuff.

I know of five binding agents: activated charcoal ( which I haven't used much because I haven't found one that didn't irritate my gut), smilax( sarsparilla), burbur, pinella and Alka Seltzer Gold. ASG is pretty Peaty.

Before I went directly after Lyme I always felt better after aspirin, and for some reason I haven't figured out yet -- 10-25mg DHEA.

J

James IV

My opinion; Whole milk, maybe even with added cream, with enough raw honey to give it at least a 2:1 ratio carbs to protein. Throw a bit of salt and some ripe bananas in there for electrolytes. Blend it and Drink it at room temperature. Drink this, and only this all day long and lay outdoors in the sun avoiding getting burned. Get your calories up past 2500 for at least a week straight. Like others have said; You need more calories, as well as the Sun's regenerative light. You should not be getting your sugar from Pepsi or table sugar if you are already heavily depleted. None of the supplements you are taking or considering are going to heal you if you don't have enough energy. That's what Dr Peats work is all about. You are focusing on the minutia and not the big picture.
Besides food, getting out and doing things you enjoy, and being around other humans, is vital.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

How many bana a day? And that much liquid in an already low metabolic state?