Anyone Else Want To "die Young"?

James_001

mayweatherking said:
post 111344 I think if you look at it from the right angle, getting older can be a good thing. In my thought process, I see 3 paradigms as a whole life. Health, wealth, and relationships. If you succeed in those 3, you will enjoy your life as you get older. We are on ray peat forum, this is the ultimate health place. Way ahead of it's time. I think if you can master the diet and can get your hormones straight, you are going to have that 3rd paradigm completely filled. That is awesome.

Okay, so second and third paradigms also have to be conquered. I'd say most people don't have these, like you said, people as they grow old, they don't want to do anything. Look at people like MArk Cuban, he is what, 50 something? He is a role model for me.

To conquer relationships, I don't know what to do from a female perspective because I'm not a female, but as a male, I would go out and try to pick up and meet as many women as possible when you are 19. I actually started doing pick up when I was 19, I'm 27 now. Once I went out 100 days in a row to the bars sober most nights just to meet girls and learn to do "pick up" because I never had a girlfriend in highschool and I was too shy. Unfortunately, I also took finasteride at 19, and I had pretty much no libido, but I still went out every night and forced it. Even no emotions a lot of nights. Really f***ed up dude, really f***ed up. Basically it was like trying to do pickup with a iron weigt around your leg because pick up is all about your emotions, whatever you feel, she feels.

But that's why ray peat diet is good. It makes you feel so good. Some nights I felt so good on it, other nights not so much, I can't figure out my balance, but my point is when you conquer the health paradigm, you can go meet and pick up girls pretty easily I think becuase you feel so good and if you have a strong libido, that is pretty much like 90% of the job.

Moving on to wealth, watch shows like shark tank, follow tai lopez on social media, join a private torrent tracker for wealth (pm me if you want to join it, I can send you an invite, or at least tell you how to join), etc. Build a business, get rich.

You can do these things well into your 50s and 60s. Look at hugh hefner. Or dan blizerian, he is like 35 or something. Tyler from RSD, he still does pick up pretty well and is balding pretty bad, he is like a hero to me when I see him because i'm losing my hair so bad, it's getting bad, i can't get my health paradigm solved.

Aynway dude or girl, even if you are girl, you can do these things. Not hte pickup part, but the business and health part, the health part carries a large part of other areas. Trust me, as someone with messed up health, it really carries you.

Dan Blizerian is one of the most depressed men on this planet and had like two heart attacks, lol. He is no role model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ideonaut

welshwing said:
post 111186 I want to maximize my enjoyment otherwise there's no point to being health-obsessed.
I think such hedonism is immature, short-sighted, narrow minded. There can be plenty of things to live for and satisfactions to be had past the age of 45! You'll change your mind. "Life in full measure is more than just pleasure . . . " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4Ocyld6Qs

James_001 said:
post 111396
mayweatherking said:
post 111344 I think if you look at it from the right angle, getting older can be a good thing. In my thought process, I see 3 paradigms as a whole life. Health, wealth, and relationships. If you succeed in those 3, you will enjoy your life as you get older. We are on ray peat forum, this is the ultimate health place. Way ahead of it's time. I think if you can master the diet and can get your hormones straight, you are going to have that 3rd paradigm completely filled. That is awesome.

Okay, so second and third paradigms also have to be conquered. I'd say most people don't have these, like you said, people as they grow old, they don't want to do anything. Look at people like MArk Cuban, he is what, 50 something? He is a role model for me.

To conquer relationships, I don't know what to do from a female perspective because I'm not a female, but as a male, I would go out and try to pick up and meet as many women as possible when you are 19. I actually started doing pick up when I was 19, I'm 27 now. Once I went out 100 days in a row to the bars sober most nights just to meet girls and learn to do "pick up" because I never had a girlfriend in highschool and I was too shy. Unfortunately, I also took finasteride at 19, and I had pretty much no libido, but I still went out every night and forced it. Even no emotions a lot of nights. Really f***ed up dude, really f***ed up. Basically it was like trying to do pickup with a iron weigt around your leg because pick up is all about your emotions, whatever you feel, she feels.

But that's why ray peat diet is good. It makes you feel so good. Some nights I felt so good on it, other nights not so much, I can't figure out my balance, but my point is when you conquer the health paradigm, you can go meet and pick up girls pretty easily I think becuase you feel so good and if you have a strong libido, that is pretty much like 90% of the job.

Moving on to wealth, watch shows like shark tank, follow tai lopez on social media, join a private torrent tracker for wealth (pm me if you want to join it, I can send you an invite, or at least tell you how to join), etc. Build a business, get rich.

You can do these things well into your 50s and 60s. Look at hugh hefner. Or dan blizerian, he is like 35 or something. Tyler from RSD, he still does pick up pretty well and is balding pretty bad, he is like a hero to me when I see him because i'm losing my hair so bad, it's getting bad, i can't get my health paradigm solved.

Aynway dude or girl, even if you are girl, you can do these things. Not hte pickup part, but the business and health part, the health part carries a large part of other areas. Trust me, as someone with messed up health, it really carries you.

Dan Blizerian is one of the most depressed men on this planet and had like two heart attacks, lol. He is no role model.

Why? He plays poker and drives a private jet. And he has tons of girls around him constantly. Sure, I can label him as "douchey" as most of society would, but I think he lives a very good life. It looks like he has conquered the wealth side, probably not health as you said, but relationships he has very strong friendships and beautiful women. Id say it's better than working in a 9-5 death job for 20 years.

James_001

mayweatherking said:
post 111453
James_001 said:
post 111396
mayweatherking said:

Why? He plays poker and drives a private jet. And he has tons of girls around him constantly. Sure, I can label him as "douchey" as most of society would, but I think he lives a very good life. It looks like he has conquered the wealth side, probably not health as you said, but relationships he has very strong friendships and beautiful women. Id say it's better than working in a 9-5 death job for 20 years.

Don't take my word for it, but ******* a bunch of chicks is not going to make you happy. Most guys think it will, but it won't. I don't think he is a douche.

answersfound

mayweatherking said:

What is a private torrent tracker for wealth?

Godiva

I'm turning 30 next month so I'm well past my teen years, but still close enough to remember them well. I can tell you one thing: I was a freaking idiot and you are too; at least when compared to who you will be in 10, 20, 50 years. Your brain isn't even fully developed yet, and won't be for another 6 years. You really think that you have acquired all the probable knowledge one will acquire over a lifetime with a still underdeveloped brain and just a drop of life experience? It's absurd. In the last 10 years, I've learned about 100x what I did in my first 20 years and that rate continues to expand every year.

I'm not trying to be mean and I actually agree with you to a degree. I highly value my independence. I would not want to live past a point where I was incapable of living for myself. That point is different for everyone. I could get into an accident tomorrow and reach that point now, or I could be like my grandpa and be 94 years old, living alone, still very active, and in good health. You never know.

James_001 said:
post 111493
mayweatherking said:
post 111453
James_001 said:
post 111396
mayweatherking said:

Don't take my word for it, but f***ing a bunch of chicks is not going to make you happy. Most guys think it will, but it won't. I don't think he is a douche.

I agree with you.. ******* a lot of chicks won't make you happy. But he is actually dating one of the girls that is featured in some of the pictures, I forget her name, but she is always around him. She is featured in the cat's instagram a lot, Yeah I get bored sometimes and look into these things lol...... but anyway, yeah I agree with you for sure.. if anything it will make you depressed because you thought it was going to make you happy. so yeah, maybe you are right, but he is surrounded by girls all the time, at least he seems socially happy, i don't know though. i think a big part is moving towards something and growing. maybe making goals and achieving them. just many of my personal goals he has, not the women side necessarily, but more of his freedom on life and how he does what he wants.

barefooter

Wanting to not live a long life seems like a pretty short sighted position to take, especially from someone in the Peat community, where we worship a very old researcher who is still extremely mentally sharp. Nothing is constant in life, there are different phases you go through. Being a kid is great, you feel so free and playful, but you're also missing out on all the great things in adult life. Likewise, going from an adult to getting older and older, things change, some of the good stuff may be gone, but there are new and different good things, and new challenges and joys. If you get stuck thinking a certain way of being is the ultimate, you miss out on these great opportunities in the future. It's like those people that are always saying how college was the best time of their lives. To me it's just sad. They're stuck living in the past, can't accept the stage they're now at, and haven't made anything of themselves.

I'm 31 now, and I honestly feel like I'm getting healthier every month. I hope to be feeling physically like I'm back in my early 20s (or even better) within a year as I continue to improve my health. And, I plan to maintain excellent physical and mental health until I die so I want to live as long as I possibly can. Sure, things may not go as planned, but it is definitely an achievable goal. And another great part about getting older is becoming wiser and being a respected member of your community (too bad most elderly don't get that these days). You gradually shift from doing work towards teaching, mentoring, and telling war stories. The longest job I ever had was for 6 years, and by the end of it, I called my position grandpa. I didn't really have to do a lot, but I knew how everything worked, and I mostly just helped everyone else, answered questions, chatted, told stories about the old days, etc--good times!

NathanK

mayweatherking said:
Tyler from RSD, he still does pick up pretty well and is balding pretty bad, he is like a hero to me when I see him because i'm losing my hair so bad, it's getting bad, i can't get my health paradigm solved.
Heh, I am (the former) RSD Nathan who left 3 years ago. Owen is an interesting fellow...

answersfound

NathanK said:
mayweatherking said:
Tyler from RSD, he still does pick up pretty well and is balding pretty bad, he is like a hero to me when I see him because i'm losing my hair so bad, it's getting bad, i can't get my health paradigm solved.
Heh, I am (the former) RSD Nathan who left 3 years ago. Owen is an interesting fellow...

Owen seems like a good dude, but he's also a businessman. He introduced me to eckhart tolle and that was somewhat of a life changer for me in addition to all his other content. I took a boot camp with Alex about a year ago right before he left rsd. I couldn't believe how smooth this guy was.

NathanK

answersfound said:
post 114664
NathanK said:
mayweatherking said:

Owen seems like a good dude, but he's also a businessman. He introduced me to eckhart tolle and that was somewhat of a life changer for me in addition to all his other content. I took a boot camp with Alex about a year ago right before he left rsd. I couldn't believe how smooth this guy was.
Alex is in Austin right now. Never ceases to surprise me how widespread pick up has become.

The only thing that matters with Owen is that he inspires people to want and get more out of life. I hold my own reservations to myself having known him since 2005.

I will say that if Owen were ever to come across Ray Peat, he'd probably post a video next week talking about all this work in physiology he just discovered on his own.

NathanK said:
post 114671
answersfound said:
post 114664
NathanK said:
mayweatherking said:

Alex is in Austin right now. Never ceases to surprise me how widespread pick up has become.

The only thing that matters with Owen is that he inspires people to want and get more out of life. I hold my own reservations to myself having known him since 2005.

I will say that if Owen were ever to come across Ray Peat, he'd probably post a video next week talking about all this work in physiology he just discovered on his own.

Holy ******* ***t man. No way. You are RSD Nathan, as in the instructor? Weren't you the navy seal dude or something, down in Texas is where you were doing bootcamps? I've been in the scene since around 2008ish so I think you were still instructing at that time. That's crazy man. Yeah, I'm honestly surprised he hasn't found him yet. I think you have to have some next level problems to get on Ray Peat when all the other "healthy" diets stop working for you and you are forced to try something else. I think Tyler is really into thinking sugar is very, very bad, so it might be some time, or never, if he ends up around here. You are saying Tyler would claim Peat's work as his own?

What's really interesting to me as well regarding pickup and all this is I've noticed since peating is that I don't really want to go out as much as I used to. It seems like I had some dopamine issues maybe. Maybe I was addicted to the dopamine rush, and now I'm getting normal dopamine and not needing to go out to get my charge.

answersfound

NathanK said:
post 114671
answersfound said:
post 114664
NathanK said:
mayweatherking said:

Yea he seems to be a big Marc Sisson fan. Tyler seemed to have made a pretty big transformation. The type of transformation that require LSD, for example, and a lot of other Peat concepts. Same with julien. I always wonder if there is some sort of secret going on here. These guys talk about being weirdos and then becoming successful in their lives thanks to "taking massive action", a bunch of herbs, reading books and meditation. Around here those recommendations would have a minimal impact on ones health and well being. I feel like you could spend years going out and trying to "learn pick up" and see minimal change, whereas you could implement a lot of the Peat principles in half the time and have twice the success because you've improved your physiology, hormonal status, etc. when i developed this theory I kinda stepped away from the pickup community and decided to spend time on improving my health under the assumption that it would make me more attractive to women. I feel like these guys sent down a rabbit hole being told they need to spend years and years going out and getting better.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

ThunderSpank

No.... Based on what I can observe, I think this is the only chance at life I get and I want to spend as much time with my wife and children as I can before I return to the darkness that was, before I existed.

NathanK

mayweatherking said:
post 114674
NathanK said:
post 114671
answersfound said:
post 114664
NathanK said:
mayweatherking said:

Holy f***ing s*** man. No way. You are RSD Nathan, as in the instructor? Weren't you the navy seal dude or something, down in Texas is where you were doing bootcamps? I've been in the scene since around 2008ish so I think you were still instructing at that time. That's crazy man. Yeah, I'm honestly surprised he hasn't found him yet. I think you have to have some next level problems to get on Ray Peat when all the other "healthy" diets stop working for you and you are forced to try something else. I think Tyler is really into thinking sugar is very, very bad, so it might be some time, or never, if he ends up around here. You are saying Tyler would claim Peat's work as his own?

What's really interesting to me as well regarding pickup and all this is I've noticed since peating is that I don't really want to go out as much as I used to. It seems like I had some dopamine issues maybe. Maybe I was addicted to the dopamine rush, and now I'm getting normal dopamine and not needing to go out to get my charge.
:) thats me. This stuff to me is just an extention of what i have always done. Finding the truth through the BS and what really works. I think what drew me to Ray is that he has a very similar, almost anarchist, view of the world. Very much "Be Your Own Guru" and i respect that tremendously. It took me a while to find him but glad i did. So at least youre in good company.

I was an early adopter of Paleo and before that I had tried plant based and The Zone. All in the name of being my optimal self (Be Whom Youre Meant To Be) and staying ahead of the curve. Ultimately, i didnt get the answers or results I wanted. This place truly is the last place to look...because its damn hard to find and to do. This is the utimate in self experimentation in health. Just like in dating.

Im reluctant to say I got a lot of RSD into the paleo world. I got Brad into IF (Lean Gains/Brad Pilon) and after Tyler went to some life extention seminar with Mercola it was over for him. Green shakes and fasting deluxe.

I felt in psychology and motivation i had most of it nailed down. Teaching hundreds of guys in the field gives you a keen intuition in how people operate, what motivates them (men and women), and also the limitations. I started studying deeper into hormones about 5 years ago because I knew that a program could only take someone so far. Some were dealing with deeper issues and I at least wanted to be able to direct them toward longer term avenues of growth. Little did I know that it would take me here into this zeigeist of health. Its so far deep that nobody would believe it. A lot like PU, you kinda need to find this stuff almost on your own.

NathanK

answersfound said:
post 114676
NathanK said:
post 114671
answersfound said:
post 114664
NathanK said:
mayweatherking said:

Yea he seems to be a big Marc Sisson fan. Tyler seemed to have made a pretty big transformation. The type of transformation that require LSD, for example, and a lot of other Peat concepts. Same with julien. I always wonder if there is some sort of secret going on here. These guys talk about being weirdos and then killing it thanks to "taking massive action", a bunch of herbs, reading books and meditation. Around here those recommendations would have a minimal impact on ones health and well being. I feel like you could spend years going out and trying to "learn pick up" and see minimal change, whereas you could implement a lot of the Peat principles in half the time and have twice the success because you've improved your physiology, hormonal status, etc. when i developed this theory I kinda stepped away from the pickup community and decided to spend time on improving my health under the assumption that it would make me more attractive to women. I feel like these guys sent down a rabbit hole being told they need to spend years and years going out and getting better.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
No thoughts. I think youre exactly right. I think the PU community is shrouded in a lot of incorrect views of women and relationships much like the health industry. Taking a break from it i think is healthy. Many make this their entire life. From my perspective i came up without any of this industry and had to figure it out on my own so I dont think its necessary to do a lot of what is said. I think context can be lost as well. Everyone is in a different place in their growth and journey.

I want to die young meaning when I die I am physiologically and mentally young even though 120 years old.

sladerunner69

This paradigm of the body shifting from a period of growth to one of decay fails to meet reality. Your body has a phenotypic goal; an ideal structure that most achieve around the age of 25. From the moment of your birth, your body tries to fill this form, and when it does, it makes the best effort to maintain homeostasis at this point.

"Dying" is the gradual accumulation of error in the maintenance phase. Reduce the error to zero, and you will achieve immortality.

I am going to posit that it is impossible to reduce the error to zero. You can minimize the error, but never fully because life=stress and as Peat observes, the nature of life itself is paradoxical in this sense.