Does thyroid use up calcium in the body?

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 101751
mayweatherking said:
post 101740
My concern with the calcium, and when you are saying it's not enough, I had lab tests done and it said my serum calcium was too high. It was like 1 over the range, like 10.8 or something when the max is 10.4.
I did not say you were not getting enough calcium. I suggested you halve your dose from 1/2 tsp several times a day to 1/4 tsp several times a day, because I thought 1/2 tsp several times a day might be too much for you currently. I think Haidut suggested similar. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. If none feels bad in one way, and an extremely high dose feels bad in another way, then experiment within that range to see if you can find a level that feels OK, eg by going half way in between for strters, and adjusting up or down a little at a time from there. And maybe get tests again after a while.

mayweatherking said:
post 101740
Yes, I did add the magnesium and it did help a lot. I did about 250mg of magnesium once a day from the spray stuff that I bought.
That's great that it helped. So I guess it makes sense to keep it up. Do you mean you ingested 250mg Mg orally from the spray ? Or you sprayed 250mg Mg on your skin (and therefore probably absorbing much less)? How much Mg are you eating? The commonly suggested RDI is 400mg, and Peat has said hypothyroid folk probably need this much. Are you getting at least 400mg/day? If not, I'd recommend trying to for a while, and seeing if that improves things. You should notice some improvement quickly, but there may be more changes over time too. I am not suggesting you take Mg instead of calcium, but in addition to it, to help with calcium metabolism.

mayweatherking said:
post 101740 But why would I need egg shell calcium if I am getting milk? It doesn't make sense. And it's not to do with the dose because when I take egg shell calcium, no matter how much, I feel better. Even if I take an amount that is similar to what is found in a glass of milk. It makes no sense.
There are probably several ways milk can cause trouble. Some people get gut disruption from lactose, probably because they are having trouble producing sufficient lactase to break it down into a form the body can use. Some people get allergic reactions to the proteins - I don't know if this disrupts digestion of the associated calcium, but it wouldn't surprise me. Some people get other reactions to milk - there are threads discussing A1 and A2 proteins - I don't know how relevant they are.
Also, the calcium in milk is not in the same chemical form as the calcium in eggshells (calcium carbonate). It wouldn't surprise me if this could affect absorption for some people. I would expect calcium carbonate t have a more alkalinising effect in most people's systems, and that could be another factor.

mayweatherking said:
post 101747 And now I eat oysters, coffee, and OJ, and all of a sudden the swelling goes down. Something in oysters makes the swelling go down. Could it be the zinc?
Zinc is an important mineral, Peat recommends oysters for this reason. Many things interact with each other in the body. Coffee can probably reduce swelling in some circumstances.

It sounds as though you are getting frustrated because you are not being giving nice straight forward answers about what is going on and what to do about it. I'm sure many of us would like that, but it's not a realistic expectation. The human body is very complex, and it can malfunction in very many ways. No-one can know exactly what is going on in yours. We are all just making some more-or-less educated guesses, according to what we've learned from Peat and other sources.

If you want to understand more, keep reading Peat and other threads here, and learn more about basic physiology from other sources too. And make changes and see what happens. Moderate incremental changes may be safer than extreme ones.

Or go find a practitioner to work with. There are a few around, each with somewhat different takes - eg Danny Roddy with a focus on hair, Josh and Jeanne Rubin (generally a low-supplement approach, I think), Benedicte MaiLerche (linked from Ray Peat's site). And others.

Hi Tara, yes I know what you are saying. I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Sorry, I feel like I'm running out of time in my life to be completely honest with you. If I don't figure this out soon, my hair will continue to fall out and I feel my life will be over. I never had a proper girl due to finasteride since 19 and unfortunately it took me this long to find this here and have the money to actively get blood work and all that.

Anyway, but yes, it is through the skin magnesium. So 250mg isn't being fully absorbed, you think I should up this to twice a day? I just popped a aspirin along with vitamin E. It's funny.. everything that lowers prolactin seems to help me, so I think this head pressure could be directly related to the high prolactin. I'm going to buy that methylene blue to try it out. Do you know what brand is good? Or maybe haidut knows?

You could be right on the coffee. I know it lowers estrogen and it does seem to help me a lot when I add it in. I'm working with Danny now and paying him for coaching and he's been a big help to me. But, I think I have a special circumstance due to whatever finasteride did to me so my hair keeps getting worse and libido is very iffy. If I could take thyroid again, I think I would be ok. Maybe I will try it again just to do it and make sure I get all the right foods in this time, maybe it iwll make a difference with the magnesium.

You could be right on the milk and lactase, but I did definetely feel better when I had egg shell in there as well. IF I have eggshell along with the milk and everything else, it seems to do better. I guess I will try your halving and see how it goes.

Pray for me folks. This whole situation has consumed my entire life unfortunately. I'm too wrapped up and need to solve it. It has been too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

mayweatherking said:
post 101765 Sorry, I feel like I'm running out of time in my life to be completely honest with you. If I don't figure this out soon, my hair will continue to fall out and I feel my life will be over.
Don't panic. Even if you lose all your hair (and I'm hoping you don't) life will not be over. There are many bald men around who have enjoyable lives, many of them with female partners. Some of them lost their hair for presumably hormonal/metabolic reasons, as you fear, some are bald because they choose to shave off all their hair because they think it looks good. I'm not saying you have to be happy about this prospect, just that it is not the end of the world.

I'd guess Danny Roddy probably knows as much about finasteride effects as any of the practitioners, given he interacts with so many people over hair loss issues, so I'm glad you've got him on your team.

I can't say any thing for sure about the magnesium, and you didn't say what form it is other than spray - is it Mg chloride? But I think there may be benefit in having more Mg, depending on how much you are getting from food, which I don't think you have mentioned yet? The only risk I'm aware of for the topical Mg chloride is that some of us find it irritates our skin. In which case, other forms may be less irritating. I think it's a pretty low risk supplement, compared with, say, thyroid. If you go with more thyroid, my advice is increment small and slow, and record your temperature as you go for guidance on dose.

Have you posted a cronometer listing of a typical day's diet + quantified listing of supplements somewhere recently? If not, that might get you more ideas from people here, if you want them. But if you've shared info that with Danny, then you may be getting advice from him and not want more from us.

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 101775
mayweatherking said:
post 101765 Sorry, I feel like I'm running out of time in my life to be completely honest with you. If I don't figure this out soon, my hair will continue to fall out and I feel my life will be over.
Don't panic. Even if you lose all your hair (and I'm hoping you don't) life will not be over. There are many bald men around who have enjoyable lives, many of them with female partners. Some of them lost their hair for presumably hormonal/metabolic reasons, as you fear, some are bald because they choose to shave off all their hair because they think it looks good. I'm not saying you have to be happy about this prospect, just that it is not the end of the world.

I'd guess Danny Roddy probably knows as much about finasteride effects as any of the practitioners, given he interacts with so many people over hair loss issues, so I'm glad you've got him on your team.

I can't say any thing for sure about the magnesium, and you didn't say what form it is other than spray - is it Mg chloride? But I think there may be benefit in having more Mg, depending on how much you are getting from food, which I don't think you have mentioned yet? The only risk I'm aware of for the topical Mg chloride is that some of us find it irritates our skin. In which case, other forms may be less irritating. I think it's a pretty low risk supplement, compared with, say, thyroid. If you go with more thyroid, my advice is increment small and slow, and record your temperature as you go for guidance on dose.

Have you posted a cronometer listing of a typical day's diet + quantified listing of supplements somewhere recently? If not, that might get you more ideas from people here, if you want them. But if you've shared info that with Danny, then you may be getting advice from him and not want more from us.

Hi Tara, it is magnesium chloride, yes. The magnesium does seem to work well. I just sprayed a bunch on and felt my crazy stress as I posted above died down a lot and my libido almost seemed to spike a little. I randomly thought of a girl I was dating and my libido spiked a bit. I think you are right about the magnesium. I will increase it more now. I was just reading ray peat's article on calcification and he talks about how PTH and prolactin both rise if not enough calcium and magnesium are there, so maybe over some time it will decrease those if I keep them both up. Maybe that's why I was tired from the calcium.. not enough mag.

I will track cronometer tomorrow and post it. I kind of stopped doing it because I know in my head where I'm at, but I will do it tomorrow for sure to have something to show.

For supplements, I'm doing A, K2, D, E, and magnesium. I am starting aspirin now as well. However, I'm a little all over the place on doses. I really feel the calcification effects strongly, but it could be because I was missing magnesium. Like when I take D, I feel it. When I take K2, I definetely feel it. So I switched K2 to rubbing it on my legs instead of internal because I'm assuming it drops calcium a ***t ton when I take it straight. D, it must be doing the same thing, I might have to lower my dose there too. E, I just take it at night, maybe I should take it with the others. A, I will just do like 5 drops of 2500IU on my second meal, but I don't know if that's right or not, I'm just randomly doing it.

I have WP-Thyroid that I want to take, but here's the thing, my temperatures are good. I hit 98.6 and usually go a little bit higher... even without the thyroid, I havent taken it in like a week I think. I think when I take A, it sometimes gets me hyper thyroid and I feel kind of sick and my temp is like 99.2, but it could be because no magnesium as before. However, hwen I take the thyroid, the swelling in my head goes away. I want to take the thyroid just to get my TSH very low. I know you can't get your TSH low unless you take thyroid, but I don't want to be hyper.

Giraffe

Mayweatherking, you run around like a headless chicken. You have started several supplements in a short time only to panic about their effect afterwards.

Start a proper log. List what you eat and how much you eat of each. List all your supplements. Dose? List all your syptoms. Include your lab tests.

Something you eat or not eating enough might have an effect the next day. You should get it clear why you take supplements, what a reasonable dose is and what to expect, before you change anything. Make notes of the effects foods and supplements have on you.

OP
mayweatherking
Giraffe said:
post 101781 Mayweatherking, you run around like a headless chicken. You have started several supplements in a short time only to panic about their effect afterwards.

Start a proper log. List what you eat and how much you eat of each. List all your supplements. Dose? List all your syptoms. Include your lab tests.

Something you eat or not eating enough might have an effect the next day. You should get it clear why you take supplements, what a reasonable dose is and what to expect, before you change anything. Make notes of the effects foods and supplements have on you.

Well when you feel your head throbbing from the sides and then feel like you are going to pass out an hour later.. you tend to freak out. :) Good suggestions, I will get on that.

Tara, btw, I think I figured something out. @haidut, maybe you know what's going on. So I realized today I'm not getting enough A. I was dosing vitamin D, like 5K IU, and sure enough, my skull starts feeling like it's being crushed from the sides. However, I do have a good temp which is nice. I start researching proper A dosages becuase I have it with me and do 5 to 1 (thanks haidut, found your info) and the swelling goes down. However, my libido goes bye bye too. My libido was actually kind of kicking in a little when the head throbbing came about, I'm not sure what process is going on.

My huge problem is 100% calcification. I don't know how to fix it or what to do to fix it. Whenever I eat something with calcium in it, my head starts throbbing. I know A lowers it, but too much inactivates D. So I all ready took 5:1 of A to do. 5k of D, 25k of A. the 25k of A left me feeling out of it and tired. I then did a cup of coffee with OJ and milk, and made the ratio of carbs to protein hovering around 2:1 or 2.5:1 and I felt better after that.

My questions to you all is this: what is every blood test I can do to determine the cause of this calcifcation and how to fix it? Literally, every one I will do it asap, and go on that direct labs site if I have to. I saw the vitamins panel, what do you think? Will it help? I know my PTH and prolactin is way too high. I know calcium and magnesium lower it.

What dose should I do of magnesium? Can I just take it everytime I eat calcium? I seriously get the calcification feeling in my head everytime I eat calcium. It's like my brain is expanding in my head. It's insane. I am doing K2 40mg on my legs everyday, is it enough? Can I take aspirin when I do that? Thank you, love you tara and haidut.

And since the vitamin D causes my calcification to intensify.. do you think I should lower my dose? Maybe 1k IU a day and 5k IU a day of A? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.. my life is at stake here folks.

tara

narouz said:
post 101883
tara said:
There are many bald men around...many of them with female partners.

Big talk.
Only 214 at last census.

In that case I have a disproportionate number around my work. :)
(and they are shaven, not shed, as far as I can tell).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can always tell when my prolactin is elevated because my scalp itches/hurts in the male pattern baldness areas. It rarely happens anymore but when it does 1/4 tablet of lisuride solves it right away. If your prolactin is high you could consider researching or talking to your doctor about a short term course of lisuride or bromocriptine while you continue to work on your metabolism?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bald men. Anyone worth being with will love you regardless of your hair situation!

OP
mayweatherking
Im on my phone so I cant quote anyone, but I'm going to assume that's a prescription drug to lower prolactin? Not gonna lie.. im a little worried messing with levels after doing the thyroid and feeling the leeching. Would forcing prolactin down do something bad?

Here's an update guys. Stuff is starting to connect a little. So I felt the head throbbing and I decided to test the waters and try a drop of k2 to see what happens. I felt the calcification pressure die down.. but then I felt leeching calcium from my teeth. So im wondering.. by taking k2.. did the calcium in my blood get transported to bone and then the calcium ran too low and now its leeching from bones? So I would need high egg shell calcium now that im using the right ratios of all the vitamins a, e, d, magnesium and k2? Fwiw, I took k2 alone because I all ready took d, e, a, and magnesium earlier in the day and I assume they are still in my system. I also did k2 on the skin this morning.

Haidut and tara.. am I right on this or wrong do you think?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yeah they are both prescription. Sorry, I remember reading now that you are trying to avoid medicines.

tara

I don't know. I've never observed such rapid and clear effects in myself from any of these substances as you report, and I have no way of knowing exactly what is going on in you.

Here's a speculation.
I think it would be reasonable to pick a moderate level to supplement ADEK (eg like in estroban but maybe higher for the K - eg 1-15mg), Mg (eg around 400mg, preferable split doses along with Ca), Ca (eg 1tsp eggshell split over day with meals). Then stick to it for a couple of weeks or more and see what happens when you keep it a bit more stable. If you keep jumping around with supplements and doses, your body may not be getting a chance to adapt helpfully to new conditions. Then after a couple of weeks, see if you are getting any improvements. If you get tempted/have a hunch to change something in the interim, just make a small change in dosage of something, not a wild swing from masses to nothing. (Haidut might suggest different dosing.)

jimmyquick

mayweatherking said:
My huge problem is 100% calcification. I don't know how to fix it or what to do to fix it. Whenever I eat something with calcium in it, my head starts throbbing. I know A lowers it, but too much inactivates D. So I all ready took 5:1 of A to do. 5k of D, 25k of A. the 25k of A left me feeling out of it and tired. I then did a cup of coffee with OJ and milk, and made the ratio of carbs to protein hovering around 2:1 or 2.5:1 and I felt better after that.

My questions to you all is this: what is every blood test I can do to determine the cause of this calcifcation and how to fix it? Literally, every one I will do it asap, and go on that direct labs site if I have to. I saw the vitamins panel, what do you think? Will it help? I know my PTH and prolactin is way too high. I know calcium and magnesium lower it.

What dose should I do of magnesium? Can I just take it everytime I eat calcium? I seriously get the calcification feeling in my head every time I eat calcium. It's like my brain is expanding in my head. It's insane. I am doing K2 40mg on my legs everyday, is it enough? Can I take aspirin when I do that? Thank you, love you tara and haidut.

And since the vitamin D causes my calcification to intensify.. do you think I should lower my dose? Maybe 1k IU a day and 5k IU a day of A? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.. my life is at stake here folks.

You're taking insane high does of everything here and there thinking you're immediately going to fix your problems. It's just not going to happen. That being say, I've been there done that when I was freaking out so I completely understand.

But I think you need to chill out with all these high dose supplements and focus on some balance and let your body take care of the rest. Calcium needs to be balanced with mag as it help dissolve it. I take it every time I have a large dose of calcium. It has by far made the biggest difference in my energy, well being, and hair.

Instead of high dose A,D,K in isolated forms why not just eat some liver, get some sunshine, and be done with it? Or even take Haidut's EstroBan?

If you can't get sunlight, hook up some heat lamps and get light that way. If you think your scalp is calcifying do the scalp massages.

You remind me very much of user Stongbad. He was all over the place freaking out about his hair. Now he is gone and has fixed his issues. Look him up, maybe reading his post can reassure you that you can and will figure this out.

OP
mayweatherking
jimmyquick said:
post 101901
mayweatherking said:

What dose should I do of magnesium? Can I just take it everytime I eat calcium? I seriously get the calcification feeling in my head every time I eat calcium. It's like my brain is expanding in my head. It's insane. I am doing K2 40mg on my legs everyday, is it enough? Can I take aspirin when I do that? Thank you, love you tara and haidut.

You're taking insane high does of everything here and there thinking you're immediately going to fix your problems. It's just not going to happen. That being say, I've been there done that when I was freaking out so I completely understand.

But I think you need to chill out with all these high dose supplements and focus on some balance and let your body take care of the rest. Calcium needs to be balanced with mag as it help dissolve it. I take it every time I have a large dose of calcium. It has by far made the biggest difference in my energy, well being, and hair.

Instead of high dose A,D,K in isolated forms why not just eat some liver, get some sunshine, and be done with it? Or even take Haidut's EstroBan?

If you can't get sunlight, hook up some heat lamps and get light that way. If you think your scalp is calcifying do the scalp massages.

You remind me very much of user Stongbad. He was all over the place freaking out about his hair. Now he is gone and has fixed his issues. Look him up, maybe reading his post can reassure you that you can and will figure this out.

What insane amounts am I taking? I have to take vitamin D 5k IU's because my vitamin D was low on my blood test. So I have to take vitamin A and K2 with that along with E. I'm just getting the co factors. I read it was 5:1 here so that's why. I was doing only liver before, but I still need the D. I don't get enough sunlight and I can't get vitamin D from it because I have a day job. I need to get a heat lamp though, godo call there.. that has been on my to do list. I'll take the mag whenever I get calcium now, thanks.

tara said:
post 101896 I don't know. I've never observed such rapid and clear effects in myself from any of these substances as you report, and I have no way of knowing exactly what is going on in you.

Here's a speculation.
I think it would be reasonable to pick a moderate level to supplement ADEK (eg like in estroban but maybe higher for the K - eg 1-15mg), Mg (eg around 400mg, preferable split doses along with Ca), Ca (eg 1tsp eggshell split over day with meals). Then stick to it for a couple of weeks or more and see what happens when you keep it a bit more stable. If you keep jumping around with supplements and doses, your body may not be getting a chance to adapt helpfully to new conditions. Then after a couple of weeks, see if you are getting any improvements. If you get tempted/have a hunch to change something in the interim, just make a small change in dosage of something, not a wild swing from masses to nothing. (Haidut might suggest different dosing.)

I see. Yes, I think I should start small and keep going. However, it's clear as DAY how bad my calcification is sometimes. I have some good news though tara!! So after I took the K2 earlier, and I noticed the teeth leeching calcium, I ran to my car because I brought cheese and coffee and OJ with me in case this was going to happen, I ate it all down, and then the teeth leeching went away. And then my temperature went up a lot and my pulse jumped a massive amount.

Do you know, K2, it drops calcium right away in your body? I remember you said MG isn't 100% absorbed when you use it on skin, do you know the amount it is absorbed?

Blossom said:
post 101895 Yeah they are both prescription. Sorry, I remember reading now that you are trying to avoid medicines.

I mean if it's safe I will do it.. I just don't know the effects.. but yeah probably trying to stay away....

OP
mayweatherking
i think the k2 supplement works well for me.. but it is too much to take, even 1 drop is 1mg. is there another one that is not as potent as that? like .02 or .05mg? i think it is taking too much calcium out of my body or something. or maybe i dont have enough calcium....

tara

mayweatherking said:
post 101930 i think the k2 supplement works well for me.. but it is too much to take, even 1 drop is 1mg. is there another one that is not as potent as that? like .02 or .05mg? i think it is taking too much calcium out of my body or something. or maybe i dont have enough calcium....

IIRC, some people here take Life Extension super K, which is a mix of K , K2 mk4, K2 Mk 7, not sucha large quantitiy of any of them.

OP
mayweatherking
Thanks tara.. I will look into that.

So I have the weirdest thing going on. any time I boost my metabolism via something like aspirin, thyroid, or it even has happened with vitamin k.. I will feel this feeling in my front teeth. It feels to me like calcium is being leeched from them, but I cant be sure what it is exactly. It doesn't hurt necessarily. Its more like. . If you were to put pressure against your teeth slightly you will feel the feeling on your gums of pressure. Its almost like a pressure above the teeth like in my gums. Sometimes it has shot down a little and felt slight ache which is whay scares me about it, but I don't know how to diagnosis the problem.

I tried to take calcium egg shell when I feel it, but no luck. It seems like it would be low calcium.. but im not sure.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

OP
mayweatherking
Even if no one knows what my problem is.. which I think is the case.. if anyone has any ideas for how to brainstorm what could be the problem I would appreciate it.

For example, I just ate 1.5 teaspoons of egg shell calcium on top of a previous .5 teaspoons to see if it would stop to see if my body is trying to leech calcium. Before, ive done raw cheese and cofee and oj and it seemed to reverse.. but i have no idea why.. I did jusg eat a regular 25g protein cheese oj and coffee but no dice.

tara

mayweatherking said:
post 102247 I just ate 1.5 teaspoons of egg shell calcium on top of a previous .5 teaspoons
This looks like a very large dose to me. I suggest not taking more than 1/2 tsp at a time at most. Maybe 1/4 tsp would be better. I don't know how hypercalcemia works, but maybe Haidut or others can say whether such high doses are risky.

I don't know what's going on with your teeth. I think you read Charlies posts about trouble with K2? I have a suspicion my teeth are not faring well, and I'm suspecting the frequent juice is giving them a hard time - I haven't had the discipline to rinse after every time I drink.

Giraffe

mayweatherking said:
post 101930 i think it is taking too much calcium out of my body or something. or maybe i dont have enough calcium....
You need 2,000 mg calcium. This is approximately 2 quarts of milk or 1 tsp of eggshell powder. I get a lot of calcium from milk. I add eggshell powder (1/4 tsp or less) only to meals in which I want to balance ca/ph.

Comparative effects of vitamin K and vitamin D supplementation on calcium balance in young rats fed normal or low calcium diets.

"Vitamin K supplementation promoted the reduction in urinary calcium excretion and retarded the abnormal elevation of serum PTH level in rats fed a low calcium diet, and stimulated intestinal calcium absorption in rats fed a normal calcium diet. Vitamin D supplementation stimulated intestinal calcium absorption with prevention of the abnormal elevation of serum PTH levels and prevented hypocalcemia in rats fed a low calcium diet, and stimulated intestinal calcium absorption in rats fed a normal calcium diet."

mayweatherking said:
post 102247 Even if no one knows what my problem is.. which I think is the case.. if anyone has any ideas for how to brainstorm what could be the problem I would appreciate it.
You asked for brainstorming... Here you are:

"Teeth feeling crowded" is a sensation several users have described after starting supplementing vitamin K2. The feeling went away after a while. But read yourself post 50598. It's quite interesting. :)

OP
mayweatherking
tara said:
post 102262
mayweatherking said:
post 102247 I just ate 1.5 teaspoons of egg shell calcium on top of a previous .5 teaspoons
This looks like a very large dose to me. I suggest not taking more than 1/2 tsp at a time at most. Maybe 1/4 tsp would be better. I don't know how hypercalcemia works, but maybe Haidut or others can say whether such high doses are risky.

I don't know what's going on with your teeth. I think you read Charlies posts about trouble with K2? I have a suspicion my teeth are not faring well, and I'm suspecting the frequent juice is giving them a hard time - I haven't had the discipline to rinse after every time I drink.

hey tara, sorry, that was not actually 2.5. it was 1/4 doses, so it was .75 of a tsp of calcium. i see what you are saying though. i don't think it is true about the rinsining of teeth because it happens more so if i do things like take aspirin or take magnesium, not based on if i eat or drink something.....

Giraffe said:
post 102263
mayweatherking said:
post 101930 i think it is taking too much calcium out of my body or something. or maybe i dont have enough calcium....
You need 2,000 mg calcium. This is approximately 2 quarts of milk or 1 tsp of eggshell powder. I get a lot of calcium from milk. I add eggshell powder (1/4 tsp or less) only to meals in which I want to balance ca/ph.

Comparative effects of vitamin K and vitamin D supplementation on calcium balance in young rats fed normal or low calcium diets.

"Vitamin K supplementation promoted the reduction in urinary calcium excretion and retarded the abnormal elevation of serum PTH level in rats fed a low calcium diet, and stimulated intestinal calcium absorption in rats fed a normal calcium diet. Vitamin D supplementation stimulated intestinal calcium absorption with prevention of the abnormal elevation of serum PTH levels and prevented hypocalcemia in rats fed a low calcium diet, and stimulated intestinal calcium absorption in rats fed a normal calcium diet."

You asked for brainstorming... Here you are:

"Teeth feeling crowded" is a sensation several users have described after starting supplementing vitamin K2. The feeling went away after a while. But read yourself post 50598. It's quite interesting. :)

\okay thanks. i was thinking it was the vitamin K, but i don't think it is. but i think it's similar mechanisms. i just took magnesium for example and i felt the teeth thing. i took aspirin yest and elt the teeth thing. i take vitamin K and feel the teeth thing. i ahve been long term low calcium, so i'm wondering maybe my body just has to rebound from being so messed up.

thanks for the calcium requirements. i'll make sure i just get that amount exactly.

another thing is my stools are rock hard. it's almost painful to pass. does that mean anything?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals