No Libido/hypogonadism Need Help Please

OP
J

Joocy_J

Okay so this is what I am doing now:

taurine at 500 mg/am and pm
lysine at 500 mg/am and pm
Cynoplus at 1/2 a day (Split up into two doses)
Cytomel at 1/2 a day (Split up into two doses)
vit A,K and D (I lowered my D dose to 1,000 IU per day)
Pregneolone @ 300 mg/day
Cypro @ 1/4 pill pm

I don't want to drop the taurine/lysine because I feel a mood boost from them.

I stopped lifting and am in college for the fall now so not really doing anything physical besides walking.

My plan is to continue what I am doing now for two weeks and if I don't see any results reduce my Cynoplus dose and up my Cytomel dose and continue with that for an additional two weeks. It was suggested to me that too much t4 in relation to t3 might be causing these problems.

If messing around with my thyroid dose does not correct the problem I plan on using Arimdex/Tamoxifen for a month, similar to a pct protocol that bodybuilders use at the end of a steroid cycle to restart natural T production.

I also opted out of getting bloodwork, I am strapped for cash and ultimatley I don't care what my numbers are as long as I feel good.

Vanced

Hi,

I had the same problem as you but have mostly resolved it, libido is fairly strong now...I am male, 31 years old btw.

I can tell you what has worked for me.

Synthetic t3 kills my libido every time, I have tested it multiple times, it raises my SHBG out of range (confirmed by blood test), so although my total testosterone was high, the free test was low due to the high SHBG caused by the t3. For this reason I no longer take t3.

I now take 100mcg t4 (synthroid) and 2 grains of NDT (Thiroyd), I have been consistently feeling great on this for a few months now. I need both of these, I have tried either on their own and it doesn't work.

Other supplements are iodine (controversial I know, but seems to make the thyroid meds work better and increases my libido), magnesium, vitamin d, tyrosine, vitamin c)

Diet is lots of rice, OJ, cheese, beef, eggs.

Also, I see you said you are powerlifting, for me this only made things worse so I have calmed down on the lifting side of things now.

HTH

OP
J

Joocy_J

yhickfoe said:
Hi,

I had the same problem as you but have mostly resolved it, libido is fairly strong now...I am male, 31 years old btw.

I can tell you what has worked for me.

Synthetic t3 kills my libido every time, I have tested it multiple times, it raises my SHBG out of range (confirmed by blood test), so although my total testosterone was high, the free test was low due to the high SHBG caused by the t3. For this reason I no longer take t3.

I now take 100mcg t4 (synthroid) and 2 grains of NDT (Thiroyd), I have been consistently feeling great on this for a few months now. I need both of these, I have tried either on their own and it doesn't work.

Other supplements are iodine (controversial I know, but seems to make the thyroid meds work better and increases my libido), magnesium, vitamin d, tyrosine, vitamin c)

Diet is lots of rice, OJ, cheese, beef, eggs.

Also, I see you said you are powerlifting, for me this only made things worse so I have calmed down on the lifting side of things now.

HTH

Thanks, I might try this combination of thyroid. Although it is interesting for me, as I have had a libido on synthetic t3 before, the first week I started taking it - after that it dropped off. Have you been able to get back into lifting now that your test is back up?

tara

Joocy_J said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97872/ Cytomel at 1/2 a day (Split up into two doses)
I have not used T3 only preparations, so my thinking is just based on reading.
This seems like very large doses of T3. I think excess T3 can sometimes trigger heart arhythmias.

I would suggest seeing how it affests you if you divide that 1/2 cytomel into many smaller pieces, and eat just a crumb every hour or two through the day (and maybe use the cynoplus in the evening to get you through the night).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Joocy_J

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97948/
Joocy_J said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97872/ Cytomel at 1/2 a day (Split up into two doses)
I have not used T3 only preparations, so my thinking is just based on reading.
This seems like very large doses of T3. I think excess T3 can sometimes trigger heart arhythmias.

I would suggest seeing how it affests you if you divide that 1/2 cytomel into many smaller pieces, and eat just a crumb every hour or two through the day (and maybe use the cynoplus in the evening to get you through the night).

I had the arrhythmia before t3, so I don't think it is related.

A few months ago when I introduced the t3 (1/4 cytomel) my libido cam back for one week, then disappeared again. I just started the higher t3 dosing today and will continue for two weeks before making a change again.

Also I don't feel anything on the small crumbs of t3, I am a pretty big guy.

tara

Normal T3 production is about 3-4mcg per hour, with a short half life. I don't know the normal range over time or between people, but I would be surprised if even a big guy would make or use more twice that.
Even if you do need more, I'd expect it to generally be easier to figure out a suitable dose by increasing gradually in small amounts.
Peat usually recommends 'nibbling' a tiny bit of T3 tablet every hour or two, rather than just one or two doses a day.

If you take much more than your body can use at one time/'thinks' is safe to use, I would expect it to take defensive action to counteracted the attempted increase in metabolism. For instance it might decrease endogenous production of thyroid hormones, or maybe increase rT3. That could explain why you got initial response and then less so after a while on your previous dosing.
Given that your pulse and temps seem reasonably good, it may be sth other than thyroid deficiency that is getting you?

Vanced

Joocy_J said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97940/

Thanks, I might try this combination of thyroid. Although it is interesting for me, as I have had a libido on synthetic t3 before, the first week I started taking it - after that it dropped off. Have you been able to get back into lifting now that your test is back up?

Yes I had the same thing, everything was fine at first then the problems started. Yes I am getting back into lifting now, strength and muscle gain is coming back pretty fast.

OP
J

Joocy_J

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97952/ Normal T3 production is about 3-4mcg per hour, with a short half life. I don't know the normal range over time or between people, but I would be surprised if even a big guy would make or use more twice that.
Even if you do need more, I'd expect it to generally be easier to figure out a suitable dose by increasing gradually in small amounts.
Peat usually recommends 'nibbling' a tiny bit of T3 tablet every hour or two, rather than just one or two doses a day.

If you take much more than your body can use at one time/'thinks' is safe to use, I would expect it to take defensive action to counteracted the attempted increase in metabolism. For instance it might decrease endogenous production of thyroid hormones, or maybe increase rT3. That could explain why you got initial response and then less so after a while on your previous dosing.
Given that your pulse and temps seem reasonably good, it may be sth other than thyroid deficiency that is getting you?

Thanks, I don't think anything besides thyroid is my problem though as I am young and was healthy on a peat diet plus thyroid sup two years ago. The only thing that changed during that time was a bad diet plus lots of external stress for ten months - I think I just need to recover from that stress.

I was speaking to yhickfoe and I think I have the same response as him, so I will try NDT or NDT plus t4 next if this high t3 experiment does not work.

OP
J

Joocy_J

Just took my pulse and temps and they came back at 84 bpm/98.7 degrees. Confused as **** as to why my libido is dead...

tara

Joocy_J said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98257/ Just took my pulse and temps and they came back at 84 bpm/98.7 degrees. Confused as f*** as to why my libido is dead...

If that was at rest and not under influence of a stress response, it doesn't seem bad.

A couple of speculations - may not be on target, just ipossibilities.
Do you have low body fat? That may tend to lower testosterone?
If you are eating way under appetite (4200 when your appetite would eat 6000), I wonder if this could be a factor?
Are you getting good and sufficient sleep? Sunshine?

supercoolguy

Take a break from the gym or 1/2 the intensity, go for a walk some days. I injured myself after 4yrs of great training because I changed, too heavy too long. Thats lots of Vit-A. Lots of supps overall.

I tap & fold Sodium Bicarbonate in my Greek yogurt to convert the lactic acid into CO2. Makes OJ sweeter too. (LA- thats what the little pool of liquid is in the container when the surface area gets oxygen) Add rinsed cottage cheese, ripe fruit or fructose. You've got some good people here to help, use good judgement.

Ferrin test i believe shows iron saturation. If you have too much Vit A ive heard RP mention it occupies the thyroid transport proteins. Peal Carrot long ways, salting pulls out more water & beta-c from the fiber. Rinse. I even spit out the juice from chewing

OP
J

Joocy_J

supercoolguy said:
Take a break from the gym or 1/2 the intensity, go for a walk some days. I injured myself after 4yrs of great training because I changed, too heavy too long. Thats lots of Vit-A. Lots of supps overall.

I tap & fold Sodium Bicarbonate in my Greek yogurt to convert the lactic acid into CO2. Makes OJ sweeter too. (LA- thats what the little pool of liquid is in the container when the surface area gets oxygen) Add rinsed cottage cheese, ripe fruit or fructose. You've got some good people here to help, use good judgement.

Ferrin test i believe shows iron saturation. If you have too much Vit A ive heard RP mention it occupies the thyroid transport proteins. Peal Carrot long ways, salting pulls out more water & beta-c from the fiber. Rinse. I even spit out the juice from chewing

Thanks for the suggestions bro. I am having trouble quitting the gym because I love lifting so much. I stopped for five days and couldn't resist going in for a heavily dead-lift session yesterday and felt like complete ***t afterwards.

I will cut the vit a back to half the amount, and try the baking soda idea, nice tip.

Have you lost your libido too? how long did it take to recover?

OP
J

Joocy_J

tara said:
post 98307
Joocy_J said:
post 98257 Just took my pulse and temps and they came back at 84 bpm/98.7 degrees. Confused as f*** as to why my libido is dead...

If that was at rest and not under influence of a stress response, it doesn't seem bad.

A couple of speculations - may not be on target, just ipossibilities.
Do you have low body fat? That may tend to lower testosterone?
If you are eating way under appetite (4200 when your appetite would eat 6000), I wonder if this could be a factor?
Are you getting good and sufficient sleep? Sunshine?

Yeah that is at rest. I get sunshine, but my sleep is messed up - I wake around 2 or 3 unless I take a lot of salt and cypro.

Thanks for the comments though, I am eating more food, so maybe that will help

I have normal body fat, probably 20%.

I think that the synthetic t3 is tanking my libido. I switched to NDT today.

I also think I just need time to recover and that nothing will speed up the process.

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
supercoolguy said:

Thanks for the suggestions bro. I am having trouble quitting the gym because I love lifting so much. I stopped for five days and couldn't resist going in for a heavily dead-lift session yesterday and felt like complete s*** afterwards.

I will cut the vit a back to half the amount, and try the baking soda idea, nice tip.

Cancel ur gym membership. I know it's tough but it can't be a priority. You can't afford to put those demands on your body. Plan on spending the next 6 months optimizing your health. And once you establish a metabolic rhythm and feel full of energy and drive, then you should begin working out. You won't lose much of your gains on a Peat diet. You will be very surprised how quickly everything comes back. Cyproheptadine and oysters were the two keys to restoring my libido. It shouldn't take more than 10 days to restore libido. Eat egg yolks and liver too.

tara

Joocy_J said:
post 98453 I also think I just need time to recover and that nothing will speed up the process.
Could be.

OP
J

Joocy_J

answersfound said:
Joocy_J said:
supercoolguy said:

Thanks for the suggestions bro. I am having trouble quitting the gym because I love lifting so much. I stopped for five days and couldn't resist going in for a heavily dead-lift session yesterday and felt like complete s*** afterwards.

Cancel ur gym membership. I know it's tough but it can't be a priority. You can't afford to put those demands on your body. Plan on spending the next 6 months optimizing your health. And once you establish a metabolic rhythm and feel full of energy and drive, then you should begin working out. You won't lose much of your gains on a Peat diet. You will be very surprised how quickly everything comes back. Cyproheptadine and oysters were the two keys to restoring my libido. It shouldn't take more than 10 days to restore libido. Eat egg yolks and liver too.

What do people do besides going to the gym? Seriously, I need some suggestions. thanks

OP
J

Joocy_J

So, dropping the t3 has made my heart palpitations go away, but my temps are down. Also I am getting morning wood again (still have a low overall libido though), so I think yhickfoe was right.

docall18

Mate I would drop the pregnenolone. Personally it causes my estrogen to skyrocket.

On this forum many advocate preg, however on other forums most guys report bad rxns from it after initial good results. Most commonly libido issues.

Now if I take even 5mg/day I get libido issues etc.

OP
J

Joocy_J

docall18 said:
Mate I would drop the pregnenolone. Personally it causes my estrogen to skyrocket.

On this forum many advocate preg, however on other forums most guys report bad rxns from it after initial good results. Most commonly libido issues.

Now if I take even 5mg/day I get libido issues etc.

Thanks, I will drop it.

I am now on:

NDT 3 grain/day
taurine/lysine 500 mg am/pm
cypro 1/2 a pill pm
K/D/A/E topical am

Just took my pulse and temps, they came back at 85 bpm/98.6 degrees

Also, do you have blood-work showing your estrogen skyrocketing from preg?

Also what forums are you referring to? Bodybuilding forums? thanks

I might drop the NDT in a few weeks and start from scratch if my libido does not come back soon.