Greetings - Adrenal Extra

Fletcher

I found this forum via folks like Robb Wolf\Chris Kresser then Danny Roddy and finally Peat. Paleo didn't make me feel better so I kept searching for information and Danny's take on Peat's work made sense. I began to follow the sort of diet laid out in Organising the Panic more closely, but I think I was running on stress hormones by that point and it didn't make much difference.

I began taking Nutri's Adrenal Extra (ADX) a few weeks ago after reading Dr Durrant-Peatfield's book on Thyroid, because I was waiting for Thiroyd to arrive I decided to try and build up the adrenals. Since I began taking it I've felt warmer, my mood has improved (I was getting grumpy and annoyed at trivial things), and my body temp came up a bit (from 95 to 96). When my Thiroyd arrived I began a minimum dose and my temp got up to an average of 97.

I think I'm at the stage where I need to up the dose above 1 Thiroyd tablet per day as my temp has fallen slightly back into the 96s (after two weeks of NDT). I was thinking of upping the ADX dose too, because of the reasons above I feel much better able to handle everyday stress as it comes. Wondered if anyone else has used ADX and has any advice on dosing?

sele

Welcome to the forum.

I have not used ADX but used something similar before knowing RP. Looking at the ingredients, I think such supplements should be avoided.
Proper nutrition, sugar, protein and supplementing with small amounts of thyroid should help.
You should measure pulse along with temp to get a better picture. Try measuring both of these before and after eating or supplementing.

tara

:welcome Fletcher

OP
Fletcher

Fletcher

sele said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97692/ Welcome to the forum.

I have not used ADX but used something similar before knowing RP. Looking at the ingredients, I think such supplements should be avoided.
Proper nutrition, sugar, protein and supplementing with small amounts of thyroid should help.
You should measure pulse along with temp to get a better picture. Try measuring both of these before and after eating or supplementing.
Thanks for the welcome.

I've been measuring temp + pulse and ADX helped increase temp as soon as I began using it. I know some people don't seem to get any benefit from taking it, but I feel warmer and happier with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sele

Fletcher said:
I've been measuring temp + pulse and ADX helped increase temp as soon as I began using it. I know some people don't seem to get any benefit from taking it, but I feel warmer and happier with it.

I don't know if you're aware of this but adrenal glandulars contain cortisol (stress hormones) which raises temp by an unhealthy pathway.
ADX seems to contain adrenal glandulars.

answersfound

I would stay away from adrenal stuff. Cyproheptadine and pregnenolone will fix things for you.

tara

montmorency said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98037/
answersfound said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97942/ I would stay away from adrenal stuff. Cyproheptadine and pregnenolone will fix things for you.

What does the Cyproheptadine do?

It is helpful for some people, but not everyone does well on it. Here's one informative thread on it - there are some others too:
viewtopic.php?t=2508

It used to be sold as an antihistamine, it is currently sold some places to encourage appetite for people recovering from anorexia etc, sometimes sold for migraine abortion, and it seems to do many things, including counteracting high serotonin levels and reducing gut inflammation. Many people get drowsy from it.
Some of the benefits can be gained at quite small doses (eg 1/2 to 1mg) - some use a little, some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Fletcher

Fletcher

tara said:
It is helpful for some people, but not everyone does well on it. Here's one informative thread on it - there are some others too:
viewtopic.php?t=2508

Thanks for posting this. Danny Roddy has posted about Cyproheptadine recently too, I'm interested in the anti-inflammation / stress nature of it but it does look like careful dosing is required.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals