Non essential antioxidants

pboy

Besides nutrients such as Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Selenium, Vitamin A, C, E....basically all the antioxidants in plants that aren't essential vitamins or minerals, it would seem that a Peat protocol would include little to none, except for that in coffee and possibly a miniscule amount in orange juice. Im thinking I agree...it seems to me the more antioxidants a food has, the more likely it is to cause gastric symtpoms, especially when the fiber remains attatched to the antioxidants. Perhaps anything non necessary is actually taxing on the body. Any perspectives on this?

mandance

Interesting theory but not really sure. Less developed countries eat tons of grain based foods and have minimal digestive issues so I think there is something else here which makes me think its the nature of the foods in general in developed regions aka Pufas and allergens. The other problem is that developed countries are very sterile. I think having a lack of germs, bacteria and parasites is bad in many ways. People in 3rd world countries suffer many problems we dont, but they also do not really suffer from autoimmune diseases and many scientists believe this is because they live in harmony with parasites in a natural occuring balance.

There is actually a group of doctors and scientists in mexico that will sell you parasites to treat autoimmune diseases like crohns disease. People that introduce the worm parasites they sell seem to gain complete remission of issues like that within a years time.

[mod]This post contains alternatives to Ray Peat's views. For a full explanation click here.[/mod]

OP
P

pboy

im gonna go out on a limb and say....antioxidants = antinutrients
(besides endogenous ones)

Daimyo

I would say peat-friendly fruit are quite rich in antioxidants. For example grapes and raisins, plums, cherries, dates...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals