Sunmountain's Log

tara

sunmountain said:
post 102166
It may be that I need some motility agent for a while.

Have you tried CO2 by bag breathing or gentle reduced breathing exercises to aid motility?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Hi Tara, I have not been bag breathing for some time. I will restart it now. I did ask my massage therapist to massage the vagus nerve at the neck, and I THINK it helps.

If only I could drink coffee or take caffeine pills right now; it might be all I need for motility at this time. But the HP has done a number inside my stomach, and it will be a while before I touch anything acidic.

I feel it's urgent to keep working at the motility so that the sibo does not get worse, and maybe resolves if the gut can be kept moving. It's possible that the methane from sibo is what is hindering motility at this point.

tara

sunmountain said:
post 102300 If only I could drink coffee or take caffeine pills right now; it might be all I need for motility at this time. But the HP has done a number inside my stomach, and it will be a while before I touch anything acidic.
I wonder if you can get enough caffeine in transdermally to be useful?

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I thought you were kidding, Tara. Until I googled "transdermal caffeine"!

There's patches and a spray but they don't have much caffeine in them. The spray is rumored to have 100mg, but the company won't disclose.

Does anyone have experience with any of these? I might order the spray.

This is a great idea for Haidut to manufacture -- are you listening, Haidut? And while you're at it, how about some transdermal aspirin too?

I also want to try MB to see if it makes any difference to transit. I only have Haidut's MB which has caffeine in it. I want to try a larger quantity of MB this time (take that, you bloody Archaea), and not dermally. I guess I better do a search to find a clean MB source.

Stomach is still significantly inflated, even after pooping, which means food not moving fast enough. This SUCKS. I'm a sitting duck for any bug that takes a liking to me.

tara

sunmountain said:
post 102632 This is a great idea for Haidut to manufacture -- are you listening, Haidut? And while you're at it, how about some transdermal aspirin too?
Solban is his spray bottle containing caffeine and aspirin and niacinamide.
He has posted links to studies about absorption of cafffeine.
Solban might be a bit expensive to use a lot of though.
You could try and get some of your own caffeine powder, and mix with water yourself.

I've used the solban more days than not in the last month or two. It's hard to be sure about it's effects, but my sense is that it has been beneficial for me. I'm not used to much caffeine - a little coffee has quite an effect on me.

tara

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

So I've tried squatting a bit in the past. The problem right now is not getting it out. I'm going 2 poops a day; sometimes more. The problem is further up, I think, in the small intestine, where the Archaea might be nesting.

Although -- the poops are not full evac. So maybe I will squat. Even after two poops, the stomach is bloated (though less than on H. Pylori).

Do you think squatting will help things move in the SI?

I might be taking too much thyroid too, out of desperation. I'm achy and tired. This morning my temp was 96.6 and pulse 82. That means either adrenalin or cortisol? This does not bode well. I'll double the preg.

I need to dial down the thyroid probably since getting off Prevpak. It made sense to increase the dosage then because of Prevpak's blocking effects. Since yesterday I've cut back to quarter cynoplus at night (from quarter each morning and night), with bits of T3 during the day. I'm probably taking too much T3, though it does help the pooping, along with a cascara morning and night.

On the other hand, I've also had bouts of low back pain. And tons of brain fog. I'm wondering if there's some estrogen stuff going on. I'm planning to double dose on pge.

There's also some histamine going on...like pin pricks. I meant to take benadryl but forgot.

This morning I took a drop of Oxidal and then lay under lights for 20 mins. I figure one drop only has very little caffeine -- how much does anyone remember? Maybe I could take 2-3 drops a day. I need to source pure MB (without caffeine) and then maybe I could take more daily.

The brain fog and tiredness are really getting me right now. Ok, so time for gratitude. I'm grateful that there's no more gastroparesis. I can eat a big meal all at once and not bloat. I'm grateful that my colon is ok, I think. I'm grateful that I can eat apples and drink apple juice again. And honey. Last two nights I had a half-cup of warm skim milk, and I THINK I did not bloat more than what was there.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Was your temp really 96.6 or did you mean 98.6?

Giraffe

A Clinical Study of Sitting vs. Squatting
"Using squat toilets, all the subjects reported "complete" evacuation. "Puborectalis relaxation occurred easily and straightening of the rectum and anal canal facilitated evacuation. The anal canal became wide open and no folding was noticed in the terminal rectum."

sitting_vs_squatting.gif

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

ninety six point six. :eek:

What is going on, peoples?

Giraffe, wow! Would you believe it, where I grew up as a child, there were squat toilets, including in wealthy households. But early on, my parents installed western toilets because they were considered an advancement and more "civilized"!!!

So I can look here in the US for the platform thingie, but it might require some aiming to not splatter on the platform? Good grief. Sorry for the TMI. Has anyone actually used these things?

The only squatting I've done a little while ago involved just squatting with clothes on just to get the pressure going, and then sitting on toilet.

tara

sunmountain said:
post 102990 ninety six point six. :eek:

What is going on, peoples?

Giraffe, wow! Would you believe it, where I grew up as a child, there were squat toilets, including in wealthy households. But early on, my parents installed western toilets because they were considered an advancement and more "civilized"!!!

So I can look here in the US for the platform thingie, but it might require some aiming to not splatter on the platform? Good grief. Sorry for the TMI. Has anyone actually used these things?

The only squatting I've done a little while ago involved just squatting with clothes on just to get the pressure going, and then sitting on toilet.
You could always try a cheap little potty just to see if it makes a difference to you, before remodelling your bathroom? I have nevel done it for prolonged periods, but just from time to time, eg when tramping. I looked into setting up a platform or similar at home but haven't got around to it. Maybe I will yet.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I'm going to AC tonight, and yes, I made it into a verb.

Right now I have muscle stiffness and fatigue. I've been AC'ing frequently after Prevpak and it never fails to make me feel better.

I don't know why the stiffness and fatigue since the past couple of days. Can there be bacteria dying and releasing endotoxin even after antibiotic regimen?

Maybe it's not too much thyroid. Or food + poop backed up. Maybe it's endotoxin.

Yea, I have no plans to remodel bathroom. I have no ENERGY right now. Maybe squatting in clothes because it's feasible right now.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

It's the milk, goat milk. Tonight was the third night of half cup at bedtime. It's not making me bloat, but I think lactic acid is making muscles very stiff. I seem to be repeating Jennifer's story. Hopefully AC will clear it tonight, and then I won't drink milk and see if the symptoms don't come back.

This may or may not be independent of the gut issue.

Adding: Also have been feeling dizzy off-on since starting milk, I think.

Giraffe

sunmountain said:
post 102990 So I can look here in the US for the platform thingie, but it might require some aiming to not splatter on the platform? Good grief. Sorry for the TMI. Has anyone actually used these things?
You don't need a plattform, and there is no danger of splattering stuff. A footstool, ... anything where you can rest your feet at will do. It is really simple. :) See here post 88172.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

That is incredibly easy, Giraffe! I have two stools at home (pun intended!), so I will try them both to find the right height. I see in the picture the squatter is pointing their toes; is that a good idea?

So with the help of cascara 2x daily plus T3 several times during the day, I am going two BM's daily with reasonable evac, though probably not full, judging that stomach is still bloated (about 4-6 months, depending).

The AC last night also helped to clear things a bit. Muscles still stiff but much less. Fatigue less. No milk tonight. Let's see how I do tomorrow. Maybe again AC tonight.

Sleep is not great -- in spite of pepcid. I do remember Haidut saying somewhere that for ulcers 10mg morning and evening is good; while for sleep 20mg at once in the morning is good. I'm still on the ulcer schedule.

Today I added back Niacinamide and P5P. Does anyone know if these are ulcer friendly or not? Unfortunately, my stomach does not give signals if something is hurting the lining...as I found out with the H. Pylori.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I cleaned out my daughter's baby hocker and put it in front of the throne. All set. Of course one BM is at work, so that will be without the hocker.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Giraffe, that was a genius suggestion! It makes me a big difference to poop with feet on footstool! Much easier and better evac! I will be doing this for the rest of my life -- even after everything normalizes -- because it just feels fuller evac!

The bad news is that even with two full poops, my stomach stays bloated. I think the Archaea are winning. The problem is not in the colon, I think, and no longer in the stomach either. I think it's that food doesn't move down the SI quickly enough. The Archaea are generating enough methane to paralyze my SI.

Nevertheless, I chug on for now. Today I took 3 cascara pills (unbelievable) plus T3 nibbles all day plus quarter cyno at night. Enough to move mountains, you'd think.

I will be getting some LDN soon and will add that to the above mix.

Maybe all of this won't make a difference without more antibiotics. The GI wants to do a "radiological" transit test. I told him the first time I met him that I'm not drinking barium. Then they suggested the capsule study, which I thought might be the lesser of two evils, and now they're back to barium. I'll have to check with them what's going on.

Does anyone know why a GI wants to do a transit test when it's clear that transit is a problem? Does the test yield some specific data that can be helpful in treating...sibo?

And furthermore, what treatment options are there for methane sibo that I don't know about? It's either rifaximin plus neomycin (he doesn't want to prescribe neomycin) or herbal protocols. H. Pylori was relatively easy to eradicate; he himself said methane sibo is tough to eradicate.

Well, maybe I'll pose these questions to him. If I get through the two nurses. One of them will probably answer it for him.

And I'm also considering high dose MB.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Received LDN today and a 1oz blue glass bottle. Cut up 50mg naltrexone and put one half in bottle plus distilled water till bottle neck. Sitting in fridge. Will shake after 2 hours.

The dropper is ungraduated. Does anyone know how much 1ml is from the dropper?

I want to take it tonight, so hoping someone will reply!! :P