Caffeine As A Potential Cancer Treatment

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yet another study that revisits the "novel" idea that improving cellular oxygenation can lead to a viable cancer treatment. In summary, high adenosine levels result in low oxygen levels inside the cell and that apparently prevents the immune system from recognizing and "killing" the cancer. Reducing adenosine levels restores proper high oxygenation inside the cell and allows the immune system to work its magic.
As most people on the forum probably know, caffeine is an adenosine antagonist and powerfully reduces adenosine levels inside the cell. In addition, Peat has several articles where he explains the various anti-cancer effects of caffeine. Furthermore, a quick search on PubMed shows several thousand studies on caffeine as treatment of various cancers. Obviously, mostly animal studies but still pretty telling.
I am not sure what caffeine dosages would be required to replicate the effects in the study below, but animal studies with caffeine for cancer treatment use doses equivalent to human doses of 600mg-1,200mg daily. Peat has said himself that he takes about 1,200mg caffeine daily.

http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/7/277/277ra30

"...Antitumor T cells either avoid or are inhibited in hypoxic and extracellular adenosine-rich tumor microenvironments (TMEs) by A2A adenosine receptors. This may limit further advances in cancer immunotherapy. There is a need for readily available and safe treatments that weaken the hypoxia–A2-adenosinergic immunosuppression in the TME. Recently, we reported that respiratory hyperoxia decreases intratumoral hypoxia and concentrations of extracellular adenosine. We show that it also reverses the hypoxia-adenosinergic immunosuppression in the TME. This, in turn, stimulates (i) enhanced intratumoral infiltration and reduced inhibition of endogenously developed or adoptively transfered tumor-reactive CD8 T cells, (ii) increased proinflammatory cytokines and decreased immunosuppressive molecules, such as transforming growth factor–β (TGF-β), (iii) weakened immunosuppression by regulatory T cells, and (iv) improved lung tumor regression and long-term survival in mice. Respiratory hyperoxia also promoted the regression of spontaneous metastasis from orthotopically grown breast tumors. These effects are entirely T cell– and natural killer cell–dependent, thereby justifying the testing of supplemental oxygen as an immunological coadjuvant to combine with existing immunotherapies for cancer.

burtlancast

haidut said:
Yet another study that revisits the "novel" idea that improving cellular oxygenation can lead to a viable cancer treatment.

... thereby justifying the testing of supplemental oxygen as an immunological coadjuvant to combine with existing immunotherapies for cancer.

This is in direct line with Ray's promotion of altitude and CO2 in treating cancer.

It also makes reference to a french chemist called René Jacquier, who devised an apparatus producing α-Pinene peroxides, which then are picked up by red blood cell's hemoglobin, and release their excedent oxygen to the tissues in a much freer way than hemoglobin would do, thus improving tissue oxygenation.

http://www.holiste.com/fr/bol-d-air-menu

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
burtlancast said:
haidut said:
Yet another study that revisits the "novel" idea that improving cellular oxygenation can lead to a viable cancer treatment.

... thereby justifying the testing of supplemental oxygen as an immunological coadjuvant to combine with existing immunotherapies for cancer.

This is in direct line with Ray's promotion of altitude and CO2 in treating cancer.

It also makes reference to a french chemist called René Jacquier, who devised an apparatus producing α-Pinene peroxides, which then are picked up by red blood cell's hemoglobin, and release their excedent oxygen to the tissues in a much freer way than hemoglobin would do, thus improving tissue oxygenation.

http://www.holiste.com/fr/bol-d-air-menu

Thanks for the link! Now I have to learn French:): It seems interesting stuff in medicine is happening all over the world.

burtlancast

haidut said:
Thanks for the link! Now I have to learn French:): It seems interesting stuff in medicine is happening all over the world.

Well, if you come from the country of the haiducs, you should be advantaged a little. :idea:

Philomath

I have a friend with cancer who has been told there is nothing more they can do... this is of great interest to me.

α-Pinene
is an organic compound of the terpeneclass, one of two isomers of pinene.[1] It is an alkeneand it contains a reactive four-membered ring. It is found in the oils of many species of many coniferoustrees, notably the pine. It is also found in the essential oil of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis).[2]Both enantiomers are known in nature; (1S,5S)- or (−)-α-pinene is more common in European pines, whereas the (1R,5R)- or (+)-α-isomer is more common in North America. The racemic mixture is present in some oils such as eucalyptus oil and orange peel oil
a-Pinene is also found in cannabis oil.

Alpha-Pinene Exhibits Anti-Inflammatory Activity Through the Suppression of MAPKs and the NF-κB Pathway in Mouse Peritoneal Macrophages: Alpha-Pinene Exhibits Anti-Inflammatory Activity Through the Suppression of MAPKs and the NF-κB Pathway in Mouse Peritoneal Macrophages. - PubMed - NCBI

Anti-tumor effect of α-pinene on human hepatoma cell lines through inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25837931

Russo, E. (2010). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. British Journal of Pharmacology, 1348.

Terpenes Influence The Synergy Effect Of Cannabis: http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/09/23/terpenes-may-improve-effectiveness-of-medical-marijuana/

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have a friend with cancer who has been told there is nothing more they can do... this is of great interest to me.

α-Pinene
is an organic compound of the terpeneclass, one of two isomers of pinene.[1] It is an alkeneand it contains a reactive four-membered ring. It is found in the oils of many species of many coniferoustrees, notably the pine. It is also found in the essential oil of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis).[2]Both enantiomers are known in nature; (1S,5S)- or (−)-α-pinene is more common in European pines, whereas the (1R,5R)- or (+)-α-isomer is more common in North America. The racemic mixture is present in some oils such as eucalyptus oil and orange peel oil
a-Pinene is also found in cannabis oil.

Alpha-Pinene Exhibits Anti-Inflammatory Activity Through the Suppression of MAPKs and the NF-κB Pathway in Mouse Peritoneal Macrophages: Alpha-Pinene Exhibits Anti-Inflammatory Activity Through the Suppression of MAPKs and the NF-κB Pathway in Mouse Peritoneal Macrophages. - PubMed - NCBI

Anti-tumor effect of α-pinene on human hepatoma cell lines through inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest: Anti-tumor effect of α-pinene on human hepatoma cell lines through inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest. - PubMed - NCBI

Russo, E. (2010). Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. British Journal of Pharmacology, 1348.

Terpenes Influence The Synergy Effect Of Cannabis: http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/09/23/terpenes-may-improve-effectiveness-of-medical-marijuana/

Have you seen some of the other threads on cancer? The ones talking about aspirin, tertracyclines, thiamine, niacinamide, etc?

Philomath

Yes, thank you for asking. I'm actually compiling them all in the same manner one of the other members did for Parkinson's. It's so hard to get people to try anything that isn't validated by their MD or Oncologist:banghead:..
I'm going to try to write it to appear similar to a Pubmed study, with citations and links, so doctors will read it. In case my advice is heeded, I suppose starting with the B vitamins would be easy, Tetracyclines and Emodin's (Lapodin) could also be procured and administered easily and without side effects, but aspirin and caffeine may be difficult to dose without "side effects". Of course when you are dying from cancer, these "side effects" are probably the least of your concerns. That said, I don't know if my friend is weak or suffering from cachexia so potential gut issues with aspirin and/or liver issues from excessive caffeine may be problematic. I'm thinking two grams of aspirin, twice daily with food (and maybe glycine) plus 200 mg caffeine three times daily seem like a good starting point. I would tell him to eliminate pufa, drink large quantities of quality milk and sugar/honey/oj if they'll go for it.
Thanks again for finding, posting and deciphering these studies!

redred

Colombian women are extremely attractive and they love their coffee in colombia. Coincidence? I think not.

Combine that with sunshine and high altitude and daym.

David PS

α-Pinene
is an organic compound of the terpeneclass, one of two isomers of pinene.[1] It is an alkeneand it contains a reactive four-membered ring. It is found in the oils of many species of many coniferoustrees, notably the pine.
/

This pdf, which reviews the essential oil of turpentine, might be of interest. It has been posted on the forum before but not with regard to cancer. http://oneradionetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/Turpentine-PDF.pdf Turpentine (from pine) seems to be a strong anti-fungal, among other things.

If I was told that there was nothing more they could do for me, I would grasp at this one. It has been used since the times of Hippocrates. If interested, a brand name be found by searching the forum for turpentine. Youtube videos can be found recommending how to use it.

Philomath

This pdf, which reviews the essential oil of turpentine, might be of interest. It has been posted on the forum before but not with regard to cancer. http://oneradionetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/Turpentine-PDF.pdf Turpentine (from pine) seems to be a strong anti-fungal, among other things.

If I was told that there was nothing more they could do for me, I would grasp at this one. It has been used since the times of Hippocrates. If interested, a brand name be found by searching the forum for turpentine. Youtube videos can be found recommending how to use it.
Thanks! I'll look that up. Btw, the friend I was referring to above has passed away... too late. Sadly, I have another friend that is heading in that same direction - Oncologists are quickly climbing up my sh** list.

David PS

Sorry to learn about your friend.

Oncologists are already near the top of my list of no-goodniks.

Broken man

I am sorry if this is my bad but @haidut you wrote that caffeine lower adenosine inside the cell while the study is saying that it lowers adenosine outside the cell or Am I wrong? And they wrote that the immunosuppressive effect is induced through cAMP but caffeine increases cAMP or not? Thank you.

Last edited:

Inaut

So many gems from @haidut :)

I’ve recently upped my caffeine e to 400mg during the day with orange juice, honey and (funny enough regarding post on pinene) orange oil/limonene. Definitely noticing a difference in feeling.

Had a hard time tolerating caffeine before but it seems my liver is more efficient these days

Mauritio

Did Ray ever talk about if its good to boost T cells and natural killer cells ?

jondoeuk

AnonE

"human doses of 600mg-1,200mg daily. Peat has said himself that he takes about 1,200mg caffeine daily."

I love coffee and caffeine in general but I was wondering a few things for consumption tips:

1. Coffee: how to deal with teeth acidity / staining? My dentist always complains...

2. How to take high doses and maintain a regular sleep cycle? Sometimes if I take an extra 100mg than usual I'm all of a sudden running like a 28 hour day and sleep keeps shifting.

3. How to prevent/lessen/manage the stress response of caffeine? I try to consume with meals now, always with carbs. I used to do black coffee on empty stomachs which I liked but no longer do.

Yes, thank you for asking. I'm actually compiling them all in the same manner one of the other members did for Parkinson's. It's so hard to get people to try anything that isn't validated by their MD or Oncologist:banghead:..
Boy is this ever true! My 98-year old elderly friend is in misery with her edema, that just keeps getting worse, with a vast array of pills that do nothing to improve her situation or any of the others conditions she takes them for. He has her on a no salt diet on top of it all, and somehow she still says he is a great doctor. I just don’t understand that. Shouldn’t there be some sort of proof of this. People seem to base their opinions about their doctors on their bedside manner not their results. I heard Ted Bundt was a nice guy too. One evening, a few months back, she broke the doctors rule of having no salt, and went to a Hawaiian-style catered party, and the next day her ankles were so skinny, just like mine! I was amazed and she was so relieved. I pointed out that the only possibility of this happening was because of all the well seasoned food she ate the night before. She thought that seemed possible, and could think of no other reason, yet she keeps on with doctors orders, taking those water pills and avoiding salt, and the edema cycle continues. People are so scared of not following doctors orders. I am glad I flushed my heart medication 15 years ago. I knew better, even back then, not to get on that crazy train.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals