Aspirin Stops Breast Cancer; Reprograms Cancer Cells Into Normal

haidut

Forum Supporter
The significance of this study is several-fold. First, the dose used was equivalent to just one 325mg tablet. Second, aspirin essentially blocked tumor growth. Third, aspirin prevented satellite-cells from the tumor from migrating and creating metastasis. Fourth, aspirin essentially converted cancer cells back to normal ones or killed the ones that "refused" to convert. Fifth, aspirin was much effective in vivo as opposed to in vitro.
Btw, all of these effects of aspirin on cancer were described by Peat in his aspirin article on his website, written perhaps more than a decade ago.

Aspirin blocks growth of breast tumor cells and tumor-initiating cells and induces reprogramming factors of mesenchymal to epithelial transition. - PubMed - NCBI

"...The treatment group received aspirin orally at 75 mg/kg/day for 5 days per week, dissolved in 10 ml of milk (Peptamen (Nestle)) for 12 h during the dark for 15 days. The control group received only milk. The selected ASA dose was the human equivalent dose (HED) of ˂360 mg/60 kg/day human adult, the traditional low-to-moderate dose of ASA prescribed to patients for pains or other pathobiological reasons."

"...In this study, we demonstrate that ASA not only suppresses ER-positive and TNBC cell growth in vitro and in vivo by inducing apoptotic pathways, but also suppresses the growth of TICs/CSCs that are often considered residual cells, because after conventional therapy, these cells display mesenchymal and tumor-initiating landscapes and relapse.7,8,50 The growth-inhibitory effect of ASA is more pronounced in vivo as compared with tissue culture setup with unknown reasons."

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rightagain

Hopeful

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and rather than receive chemo and radiation treatment I chose to have a simple mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy. The biopsy came back negative, but I have now been prescribed Anastrazole to be taken, probably, for the next ten years to prevent the cancer reappearing, although there are no guarantees.

My question is: Are there any alternatives to taking Anastrazole e.g. aspirin as described above or in combination with any other more natural medication which are just as effective? I really am not keen to take a drug for the rest of my life with side effects of eosteoporosis, return of menopausal symptoms, insomnia.

Looking forward to hearing from the knowledgeable members of this forum. Thanks.

jaguar43

Hopeful said:
post 101400 I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and rather than receive chemo and radiation treatment I chose to have a simple mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy. The biopsy came back negative, but I have now been prescribed Anastrazole to be taken, probably, for the next ten years to prevent the cancer reappearing, although there are no guarantees.

My question is: Are there any alternatives to taking Anastrazole e.g. aspirin as described above or in combination with any other more natural medication which are just as effective? I really am not keen to take a drug for the rest of my life with side effects of eosteoporosis, return of menopausal symptoms, insomnia.

Looking forward to hearing from the knowledgeable members of this forum. Thanks.

Aspirin, Vitamin E, Caffeine, Vitamin A and Progesterone are probably the safest anti-estrogens to take. I think Naloxone is an anti-opiate which was reference by Ray Peat to treat breast cancer.

Naloxone or naltrexone, which blocks the actions of the endorphins and morphine, is being used to inhibit the growth of various kinds of cancer, including breast cancer and prostate cancer. Leptin (which is promoted by estrogen) is a hormone produced by fat cells, and it, like estrogen, activates the POMC-related endorphin stress system. The endorphins activate histamine, another promoter of inflammation and cell division.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ca ... rone.shtml

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16546975

http://media.axon.es/pdf/95329_1.pdf

I unfortunately never been able to try naloxone, however I have tried Low-dose naltrexone and I think it's pretty useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hopeful said:
post 101400 I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and rather than receive chemo and radiation treatment I chose to have a simple mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy. The biopsy came back negative, but I have now been prescribed Anastrazole to be taken, probably, for the next ten years to prevent the cancer reappearing, although there are no guarantees.

I think you should ask your doctor about trying aspirin, for heart preventive purposes. The doctor will probably approve it. Aspirin should be synergistic with anastrozole. While aspirin also inhibits aromatase (indirectly) its main effects lie in its opposition of estrogen. So, you can think of anastrozole of decreasing estrogen synthesis and aspirin as blocking the effects of whatever estrogen is left since anastrozole does not fully suppress estrogen levels. Progesterone and vitamin E are probably also helpful but the doctor will probably flatly ban you from taking progesterone and frown upon the vitamin E.
A singe tablet of aspirin (325mg) should be all you need to complement anastrozole.

tara

I just looked up anastrozole on Wikipedia. As an aromatase inhibitor lowering estrogen levels, why would clinical trials show it to increase bone fracture risk? I know Peat says that lower osteoclast function does not mean better bone density. So why would the clinical trials show this effect?

schultz

tara said:
I just looked up anastrozole on Wikipedia. As an aromatase inhibitor lowering estrogen levels, why would clinical trials show it to increase bone fracture risk? I know Peat says that lower osteoclast function does not mean better bone density. So why would the clinical trials show this effect?

I was intrigued by this and so I looked it up. It's true, the study wikipedia cites says that the Anastrozole group had twice the rate of fractures as the Tamoxifen group.

The best answer I can come up with is that Anastrozole has no effect on prolactin levels whereas Tamoxifen has been shown to lower prolactin. Even when the subjects had high prolactin before starting Arimidex, prolactin stayed high throughout the course of treatment. Tamoxifen on the other hand was compared to bromocriptine for its ability to lower prolactin in one study.

tara

schultz said:
post 101922 The best answer I can come up with is that Anastrozole has no effect on prolactin levels whereas Tamoxifen has been shown to lower prolactin. Even when the subjects had high prolactin before starting Arimidex, prolactin stayed high throughout the course of treatment. Tamoxifen on the other hand was compared to bromocriptine for its ability to lower prolactin in one study.
Aha, so the anastrozole may have done no harm to bones, just not as good for them as tamoxifen. And the anastrozole was helpful against the cancer. Is that how you read it?

schultz

tara said:
post 101924
schultz said:
post 101922 The best answer I can come up with is that Anastrozole has no effect on prolactin levels whereas Tamoxifen has been shown to lower prolactin. Even when the subjects had high prolactin before starting Arimidex, prolactin stayed high throughout the course of treatment. Tamoxifen on the other hand was compared to bromocriptine for its ability to lower prolactin in one study.
Aha, so the anastrozole may have done no harm to bones, just not as good for them as tamoxifen. And the anastrozole was helpful against the cancer. Is that how you read it?

Yah that's sort of what I was thinking. It makes sense to me. However, I'm not sure about dosages of these drugs so I don't really know how to critique the studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9619713

"Abnormally high pretreatment levels of PRL were seen in 5/14 (36%) patients... None of the patients with high PRL pretreatment levels showed a decline in PRL levels on treatment with anastrozole."

They were on the treatment for at least 2 months with no effect.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6697292

Male ACI rats were treated with estradiol to induce hyperprolactinemia and pituitary hypertrophy and hyperplasia. Animals received estradiol alone or with tamoxifen or bromocriptine for 4, 8, or 12 weeks. Estradiol treatment resulted in time-dependent increases in pituitary wet weight and serum prolactin concentrations. Tamoxifen completely blocked the increase in both variables; bromocriptine decreased but did not prevent time-dependent increases. Animals were also treated for 8 weeks with estradiol alone, followed by 4 weeks with estradiol and tamoxifen or bromocriptine. Neither compound reversed the hyperprolactinemia, although the pituitary wet weight of animals treated with bromocriptine was slightly but significantly reduced. These findings suggest that in this model if treatment is initiated simultaneously with estrogen stimulation, tamoxifen is more effective than bromocriptine at the doses studied; and, if therapy is initiated subsequent to the establishment of estrogen-induced hyperprolactinemia and pituitary hyperplasia, bromocriptine is more effective than tamoxifen at the doses studied.

It seems to me that the medical is a bit confused about osteoporosis. Estrogen is commonly touted as beneficial to bone density, yet the study above says that they used estrogen to induce hyperprolactinemia like it's a standard thing. However, high prolactin is connected to osteoporosis...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26319389

Hyperprolactiaemia causes decrease of bone mass density (BMD). High serum prolactin levels lead to increase of the risk of osteopenia or/and osteoporosis. Decrease of BMD results from hypoestrogenism induced by hyperprolactinaemia and also by the direct negative influence of prolactin on bone. Hyperprolactinaemia related to prolactinoma significantly (more than functional hyperprolactiaemia) increases the risk of osteopenia, osteoporosis and bone fractures.

In this study they say that hyperprolactinaemia induces hypoestrogenism, the exact opposite of the other study which used estrogen to induce hyperprolactinemia.

Whenever I read a study involving blood levels of estrogen and it says "low blood estrogen" I think "So does that mean high tissue estrogen?". It's tough to know what's really going on. Even the way they test bone density seems to be questionable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals