Zirconia implants - safe?

johnwester130

These do not leak metal

Do not create an allergenic response

Do not cause an inflammatory response, supposedly

Is this a good solution to missing teeth

Zpol

I'm just about to start researching this! I crushed a molar due to bruxism and have to get a crown (also now I also have to figure out what to do about bruxism).
According to my dentist, he's never had a patient who had any sort of allergenic response, but also acknowledged that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
Personally, I'd say it's likely going to have some toxic effect but I'm feeling like it's necessary risk.

RealNeat

I'm just about to start researching this! I crushed a molar due to bruxism and have to get a crown (also now I also have to figure out what to do about bruxism).
According to my dentist, he's never had a patient who had any sort of allergenic response, but also acknowledged that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
Personally, I'd say it's likely going to have some toxic effect but I'm feeling like it's necessary risk.
Diminish your EMF, I had all sorts of twitches and teeth grinding when sleeping in a massive apartment in the city with hundreds of wireless devices in close proximity to me.

Zpol

Diminish your EMF, I had all sorts of twitches and teeth grinding when sleeping in a massive apartment in the city with hundreds of wireless devices in close proximity to me.
Thanks. Makes sense.

These do not leak metal

Do not create an allergenic response

Do not cause an inflammatory response, supposedly

Is this a good solution to missing teeth
Still creates a hole in the gumline that the body treats like an open wound, constantly trying to repair itself with a low-grade immune response.

The only benefit of implants is to maintain a similar chewing pressure against that portion of the mouth which will slow bone resorption of the pressurized area (Wolff's law)

In traditional Chinese medicine, each tooth corresponds to a organ or greater meridian system in the body. In theory, putting an implant there would disrupt the respective organs and meridians.

Better to just take a missing tooth on the chin and be mindful of tongue posture in the future in my opinion

I once had bruxism, It went away when I ate 10 cups of vegetables a day alongside apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and oil of oregano in the morning. In accordance with what @RealNeat suggested, I'd guess that the inundation of electrolytes allows for more hydration which means that the biological electrical current of the body is increased, which helps to offset the non-native EMF damage. Voltage gated calcium channels are one example of an electrolyte defending the body against electrical damage.

Zpol

, I'd guess that the inundation of electrolytes allows for more hydration which means that the biological electrical current of the body is increased, which helps to offset the non-native EMF damage. Voltage gated calcium channels are one example of an electrolyte defending the body against electrical damage.
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. EMF is a constant problem so good to be knowledgeable about how to offset the damage.

Sorry to side track this thread a bit (although I appreciate the comments!). I'll have to check out the other bruxism threads for more info.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

This picture shows the gum 13 years after

The gum does not look inflamed at all. I think the failures and inflammation is from titanium, not the implant.

Apple

This picture shows the gum 13 years after

The gum does not look inflamed at all. I think the failures and inflammation is from titanium, not the implant.

the issue with Ziconia is micro cracks that can lead to fracture of the crown or even a zirconia implant.
There is new generation of titanium implant with biomimetic motifs, they have special coating that enhances cellular integration, and reduces rejection of implanted device.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Z

Zsazsa

Abstract
Statement of problem
Dental zirconia possesses concentrations of radionuclides, but their possible radioactivity is unknown.

Purpose
The purpose of this in vitro study was to evaluate the radioactivity and radionuclide concentration in dental zirconia.

Material and methods
Three specimens were obtained from commonly used dental yttria-stabilized tetragonal zirconia polycrystal materials: Vita In-Ceram YZ, Zirkonzahn, and Zirkonzahn Prettau—producing a powder for the evaluation of radioactivity through gamma spectrometry. For the determination of radioactivity, a group of radionuclides (Ac-228, Pb-212, Tl-208, Pb-214, Bi-214, and Be-7) was evaluated.

Results
The measurements of all the specimens reported that most activity came from the decay chain of uranium, radium, and thorium, obtaining a radioactivity of 11.082 Bq/kg for Vita In-Ceram YZ, <11.63 Bq/kg for Zirkonzahn, and <34.91 Bq/kg for Zirkonzahn Prettau.

Conclusions
Although all specimens contained radionuclides, their radioactivity was below the limit established by the International Atomic Energy Agency.

Abstract
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to investigate the possible radioactive potential of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2) dental ceramics. Such information is necessary since they became an integral part of routine prosthetic rehabilitations and devoid of scientific information about their radioactivity creates some concern in the dental community.

Methods: Four different types of commercial ZrO2 ceramics, namely Lava, Cercon, ICE Zirkon, and Everest Bio ZS were investigated before and after the sintering process. Sintering temperatures were applied according to each manufacturer's instructions. The compositions of the presintered and sintered specimens were analyzed using x-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (XRF). Concentrations of the elements and compounds were also measured by this method. Determination of radioactivity continued with Gamma-spectrometry measurements and Gross alpha/Beta analyses.

Results: The activity of gamma and Gross alpha/beta was below minimum detection limits (MDL) for presintered and sintered ZrO2. The MDLs of gross alpha/beta counting system were 0.02 Bq/g and 0.01 Bq/g for alpha and beta radioactivity, respectively. The sintering process played only a minor role in the composition of the compounds.

Conclusions: Radioactivity of the ZrO2 ceramics studied showed negligible radionuclide activity that can be considered lower than many hazardous radioactive appliances in our environment.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Interesting

what do you think about using real human teeth or animals teeth to replace broken teeth?

It would be an immediate extraction and implant without drilling

However very few dentists offer this as treatment

Dave Clark

I am interested in following this thread. I had two zirconia implants done about 7 years ago, knocking on my head {wooden, lol}, I have not had any issues and hope that I do not. My Biodentist feels they are a strong and safe material. I know the biology and energy system can get messed up when pulling teeth, root canals, implants, but I grew up in the day and age of poor dentistry and have to live with these reparations to bad teeth. Not a perfect world, but I believe metals do not belong in the mouth, for leaching and galvanic reasons.

LA

If you are referring to Full Contour Zirconium Crown AKA Lava Crown via CAD-CAM Technology
do NOT do it

You need to go to a Master Craftsman, not someone who makes your tooth via a computer scan. The Zirconia ones are no good and I have heard huge complaints including from a person who settled out of court.

You need to find a *Master* in Prosthodontics and Aesthetic Restoration

If you need an implant go to someone who is a DDS "and" MD and who has rave reviews and is personally recommended to you by someone you know who is highly intelligent.

An implant surgeon dentist must be very experienced in Oral, Maxillofacial and implant surgery

Dont take my word for it or anyone other stranger. Seek personal referrals only. Ignore opinions from strangers on the internet who could be shills