Zinc Or Copper Deficient, Apparently?

I recently took some supplement with zinc picolinate 15 mg and copper bisglycinate 1 mg. I noticed that it made me feel more outspoken, more likely to snap back at someone's snide remarks, a bit more energetic and driven...maybe even fuller down there. Hair also seems to be taking a nosedive. I'd attribute it to increased testosterone.

I guess it is possible that I would be deficient since I have no access to seafood and eat liver maybe once a month. However I have huge cravings for dark chocolate (the cooking kind) and eat at least 50-100 g of this daily, no joke. That seems to be a decent source of copper and not so much zinc. Other than that my diet is milk, cottage & hard cheese, mostly muscle meats, eggs, fruit, potatoes.

Didn't really consider that I could be deficient in zinc this whole time - seems like you really have to eat liver at least twice a week to have enough. Not a bad idea to occasionally take some basic mineral supplements, you never know what you might uncover if you start to feel unexpectedly better.

Frankdee20

I recently took some supplement with zinc picolinate 15 mg and copper bisglycinate 1 mg. I noticed that it made me feel more outspoken, more likely to snap back at someone's snide remarks, a bit more energetic and driven...maybe even fuller down there. Hair also seems to be taking a nosedive. I'd attribute it to increased testosterone.

I guess it is possible that I would be deficient since I have no access to seafood and eat liver maybe once a month. However I have huge cravings for dark chocolate (the cooking kind) and eat at least 50-100 g of this daily, no joke. That seems to be a decent source of copper and not so much zinc. Other than that my diet is milk, cottage & hard cheese, mostly muscle meats, eggs, fruit, potatoes.

Didn't really consider that I could be deficient in zinc this whole time - seems like you really have to eat liver at least twice a week to have enough. Not a bad idea to occasionally take some basic mineral supplements, you never know what you might uncover if you start to feel unexpectedly better.

Liver has more copper than zinc... Oysters are what you want for that purpose

redsun

Shouldnt take picolinate form. Glycinate or gluconate instead. What muscle meats are you eating? Because if you don't have at least a good portion of red meat daily its hard to meet daily zinc needs. Liver twice a week won't help meet zinc needs because liver is a terrible source of zinc. Oysters are great but no one is going to eat those daily. Zinc is not going to worsen the hair it will improve it. Copper probably won't either.

If you examine your daily copper and zinc intake via cronometer you'll be able to make more sense of what you are lacking.

GenericName86

Shouldnt take picolinate form. Glycinate or gluconate instead.

What's wrong with the picolinate form? fwiw I'm using gluconate atm but have used picolinate form in the past and noticed it really helped with my skin.

GenericName86

I remember I have actually watched that video before but at the time i was taking the picolinate form and like i said was having noticeable benefits so I didn't really understand what he was saying ha. Using gluconate now though but I'll rewatch that vid to re familiarise myself.

laleto12

Any of you have any idea on "definite" copper deficiency symptoms? Google says a lot of things so..

I have taken sh*t tons of zinc supplements. I have been eating red meat like everyday (i once did a carnivore diet for 7 months)
and also I remember taking molybdenum for some reasing for a time. I've heard that antagonizes copper as well.

I've started to think that my problems might be related to copper deficiency but i have no idea and the problem is I literally cant find any copper supplement in my country so I cant experiment with it.

redsun

Any of you have any idea on "definite" copper deficiency symptoms? Google says a lot of things so..

I have taken sh*t tons of zinc supplements. I have been eating red meat like everyday (i once did a carnivore diet for 7 months)
and also I remember taking molybdenum for some reasing for a time. I've heard that antagonizes copper as well.

I've started to think that my problems might be related to copper deficiency but i have no idea and the problem is I literally cant find any copper supplement in my country so I cant experiment with it.

If you are copper deficient, 3-4mg copper a day should be more than enough to fix that and can be easily obtained from foods.

SamuraiJack

Copper is vital man. Absolutely.
I made the sh*tty mistake of taking a lot of zinc over long periods without copper.
Felt amazing once introduced copper back into my life, energy, dopamine^, libido plus other benefits such as collagen synthesis and digestion.
But again too much of it is a good thing and needs to be in balance with zinc. 15:1

golder

I made the sh*tty mistake of taking a lot of zinc over long periods without copper.
Felt amazing once introduced copper back into my life, energy, dopamine^, libido plus other benefits such as collagen synthesis and digestion.
But again too much of it is a good thing and needs to be in balance with zinc. 15:1
thanks, is that 15mg of zinc for every mg of copper?

Frankdee20

thanks, is that 15mg of zinc for every mg of copper?

Yes, and if you eat veal liver, even a few ounces provides a lot of copper, like 100 grams provides 14 MG of Copper ... that’s like 3 and half ounces or so

Motif

What form and how much did you take?

SamuraiJack

What form and how much did you take?
Just a copper chelate (bisglycinate in this case), 2.5mg/day. Taking this with about 10mg zinc is perfectly fine for me. I don't go by the 15:1 ratio anymore as I personally need more copper than that.

Motif

Thanks!
Just a copper chelate (bisglycinate in this case), 2.5mg/day. Taking this with about 10mg zinc is perfectly fine for me. I don't go by the 15:1 ratio anymore as I personally need more copper than th

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals