Zinc Killed My Libido

Bluestreek

Hi J4son
I am suffering from the same problem.
Did you figure out what was wrong?
Best Regards

Ella

Forum Supporter
JackHanna excellent advice and @japanesedude 8:1 is what we should aim for. Design your diet around this ratio and then track. All tests have their limitations which is why I like to test several matrices to assess what is truly going on. Supplementation always makes it a dog's breakfast. Easier to adjust your diet. I have focussed the last 2 years on how quickly levels and ratios can be influenced from one meal to the next. With the abundance of foods we have at our disposal, there is no reason you should go supplementing with such high levels. Maybe heavy metals but rarely if you are eating a good diet. The problem is people struggle getting 3 good meals per day or just snack on a limited selection of foods. If you suffer from malabsorption issues or Celiac's, then it will be a struggle in getting adequate nutrition. Many times it may be that we lack mineral or vitamin co-factors and by just upping these cofactors we are able to optimise a deficiency or remove a toxicity. This is why whole foods are best - not isolated molecules. It is the balance and synergy of these molecules that matters.

Last edited:

Ella

Forum Supporter
Coper deficiency leads to low ferriting and low DHT(which is responsible for erections)

Copper deficiency is usually associated with high ferritin. Copper is required for the proper use/management of iron. Ferritin is the storage molecule for iron so if you have high ferritin in the blood imagine how much is being stored in the liver and other sites. Iron is extremely toxic and fuels bacterial infections and cancer.

After 5 days on 25 mg of copper per day my libido started lowering again.

That is excessive supplementation with copper. Remember, free floating copper is toxic. If you were to ever supplement with copper it would be in microgram amounts and not milligram amounts.

I just use oysters now as this mixed outcome just doesn't happen with them, I've no idea as to why though, maybe the copper/zinc ratio?

Yes, definitely, safer with foods. The body was designed to extract its nutrients from foods. Why else are we equipped with this sophisticated and complex digestive system? DOH. Foods come equip with other mineral and vitamins co-factors. Isolated minerals and vitamins are toxic and stressful to the body. Man's intellect can not match that of the body's. Man knows ***t about this complexity of the human body. Consideration needs to extend to the socio/psych, environmental, emotional and spiritual (holistic) and still we struggle to comprehend its complexity.

Xisca

Sounds like you were hyper-libidinal from too much estrogen and zinc fixed that for you.
or a woman in the street and I could get erect. Now it does not happen. Im sure this is not normal.
This is normal.
I agree with pimpnamedraypeat that you were hyper-libidinal if you considere your norm.
When it is not all about your hormons but also about social connection with a person, then there is a play that takes some time, and thus a build up of the right balance in the body. A good libido is also about how long and intense you can stand pleasure before you need to lower it by ejaculation. Same for women too. It is not about orgasm but at what intensity and length of time pleasure cannot be sustained any more.
Man knows ***t about this complexity of the human body. Consideration needs to extend to the socio/psych, environmental, emotional and spiritual (holistic) and still we struggle to comprehend its complexity.
I think all these factors move the chemistry of the body, so that this chemistry be available where needed, either to be active or relaxed, and libido is typically about a good balance between activity and relaxation.

L

lollipop

+1 @Ella, your strong voice for food has helped me and I have been focusing on eating, real, organic, unprocessed foods including fruit, meat, eggs, dairy, cheese, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, vegetables, cane sugar, honey for the last year, year and a half. I started cooking EVERYTHING myself even down to this detailed level like making my own cottage cheese from milk and lemon juice and tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes. I limit PUFA and grains with exceptions of organic white Jasmine Rice, occasional sourdough Bread, no beans, nuts, seeds. This strategy has seriously made a major difference in my and my husband's health. Appreciating your sage voice.

dlind70

I dont have strong erection.My erections are softer and I ejaculate easily.They were way harder before.
Aluminium from foods creates longer erection. Be aware that we are quite saturated with aluminium oxide (bad) in the environment now. Answer: dill pickles for erection! why? Sodium and silicon. Sodium and silicon Oppose oxidized aluminium in the small intestine. Natural aluminium is in: Oranges, plantain (cooked), oyster, muscles, cacao (mixed cacao and maple syrup in fresh coffee).

Other foods that have silicon include Ghee, butter, bamboo.

Eat more dill pickles for lunch and then tell me you don't get better erections.

Last edited:

gbolduev

Very easy . Zinc lowers magnesium which makes copper biounavailable. This will lower your serum manganese. Since serum manganese goes down your IRON cant come out into the serum. IRON is what makes DHT sensitive.

Calcium magnesium copper zinc manganese supplement will fix you up. Copper alone 25mg will increase sodium too much and that will lower magnesium and basically ceruloplasmin will tank , even if you take 25mg which is insane.

Bottom line, copper when you take it , it tanks potassium and puts pressure on magnesium. When potassium tanks on taking 25mg copper, body will increase sodium extraction and will try to retain potassium by increasing 3 beta hsd, and will retain magnesium. Since you dont have enough magnesium , you taking copper is doing nothing.

This is the biggest mistake of people taking copper. Copper only should be taken with potassium and magnesium and sometimes manganese. Otherwise taking copper will never raise your ceruloplasmin.

This is what happened to you. when you took zinc, your potassium in the cell went up since zinc increases 3 beta hsd.

Then you took a little bit of copper and your drive sex drive went up. But you took so much copper that your potassium tanks from high to low. Now body is retaining zinc and gettting rid of copper LOL

For your body to retain copper you need to support potassium level with potassium and magnesium.

In any case, try supplement

magnesium, calcium, d3, zinc, copper , manganese, boron

It should fix you within a week or so.

Very easy . Zinc lowers magnesium which makes copper biounavailable. This will lower your serum manganese. Since serum manganese goes down your IRON cant come out into the serum. IRON is what makes DHT sensitive.

I wish you would provide some cites. I just can't imagine how you come up with this. Not saying you're wrong. Just how do you know. Specifically, not generally as in "I study a lot."

Regina

Calcium magnesium copper zinc manganese supplement will fix you up. Copper alone 25mg will increase sodium too much and that will lower magnesium and basically ceruloplasmin will tank , even if you take 25mg which is insane.

Bottom line, copper when you take it , it tanks potassium and puts pressure on magnesium. When potassium tanks on taking 25mg copper, body will increase sodium extraction and will try to retain potassium by increasing 3 beta hsd, and will retain magnesium. Since you dont have enough magnesium , you taking copper is doing nothing.

This is the biggest mistake of people taking copper. Copper only should be taken with potassium and magnesium and sometimes manganese. Otherwise taking copper will never raise your ceruloplasmin.

This is what happened to you. when you took zinc, your potassium in the cell went up since zinc increases 3 beta hsd.

Then you took a little bit of copper and your drive sex drive went up. But you took so much copper that your potassium tanks from high to low. Now body is retaining zinc and gettting rid of copper LOL

For your body to retain copper you need to support potassium level with potassium and magnesium.

Here's a commercial supp that might help keep it simple:
Mineral 650 - 180's

OP
J4son

J4son

Hello , thank you for answering me!

since the last time I have tried taking copper and eating copper rich foods.I also was taking 800 mg magnesium a day for 1 month.All the above seemed to help a little my problem (like 20%) but they did not fix it.I did not experiment with manganese though.You recommended me to supplement wtih manganese.How much should I take?And why boron?Could I have a boron deficiency from all this?

Thank you

BibleBeliever

I wish you would provide some cites. I just can't imagine how you come up with this. Not saying you're wrong. Just how do you know. Specifically, not generally as in "I study a lot."
Same, mineral balances are fascinating, but it's hard to find anything exhaustive on them.

This site has quite a bit on what minerals antagonize or synergize with each other

This is another brief one: Vitamin and Mineral Agonists and Antagonists

Still imagine a site that was exhaustive as possible and provided endless citations. That data would be extremely useful to have.

BibleBeliever

If this is true then dark chocolate fulfills the magnesium, copper, manganese and even potassium. Have with milk to help inhibit the iron in the chocolate, which also gives zinc, d3 and calcium.

OP
J4son

J4son

If this is true then dark chocolate fulfills the magnesium, copper, manganese and even potassium. Have with milk to help inhibit the iron in the chocolate, which also gives zinc, d3 and calcium.
I have tried eating dark chocolate but it did nothing

I have also tried raw cacao beans.I saw some improvment but I had to stop because they were making me feel strange.Could it be something in the cacao?

OP
J4son

J4son

Alo why do you recommend taking copper and zinc and manganese together? Dont all these interract with each other and inhibit each others absorption and functions?This is so complicated

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals