Zinc Is Useful Against HIV (any Infection Actually), Cancer And Tumors

Hans

Forum Supporter
A zinc deficiency increases the M2 macrophage phenotype (Th2) of the immune system, which is anti-inflammatory and inhibits nitric oxide synthesis, but it also increases polyamines and angiogenesis.
The M1 phenotype (Th1) creates nitric oxide to fight off infections and so on.
So basically M1 is fight and destroy and M2 is build. An imbalance in both leads to problems, as M1 dominance is seen with autoimmune diseases, infections, diabetes, etc., and M2 dominance is seen in cancer and tumor patients.

Modern diets and diseases: NO-zinc balance. Under Th1, zinc and nitrogen monoxide (NO) collectively protect against viruses, AIDS, autoimmunity, diab... - PubMed - NCBI

"Both Zn++ and Cu++ show a concentration-dependent inactivation of a protease essential for the proliferation of the AIDS virus HIV-1, while zinc can help prevent diabetes complications through its intracellular activation of the enzyme sorbitol dehydrogenase (SDH). A Zn++ deficiency can lead to a premature transition from efficient Th1-dependent cellular antiviral immune functions to Th2-dependent humoral immune functions."

"Disregulation of the Th1/Th2 balance is responsible for autoimmune disorders such as diabetes mellitus."

"Under Th2, levels of interleukin-4 (II-4), II-6, II-10, leukotriene B4 (LTB4) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) are raised, while levels of II-2, Zn++, NO and other substances are lowered. This makes things easier for viruses like HIV-1 which multiply in Th2 cells but rarely, if ever, in Th1 cells."

"sufficiency of Zn++ and NO prevents a shift of the Th1/Th2 balance towards Th2 and thereby slows the proliferation of HIV, which it also does by inactivating the HIV protease"

"Zinc deficiency also promotes cancer. Under the influence of Th1 cells, zinc inhibits the growth of tumours by activating the endogenous tumour-suppressor endostatin, which inhibits angiogenesis."

It's not that zinc will make you M1 dominant, zinc will only prevent the proliferation of Th2 cells at the expense of Th1 cells. Zinc works synergistically with selenium (best form is selenomethionine thanks to Travis' research) to inhibit cancer growth.

ddjd

i had an ongoing ear infection for several months and zinc was the only thing that fixed it

anyfit

i used to have plantar warts on my feet that kept coming back, the only thing that stopped them is zinc!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

Hugh Johnson

Yeah, it keeps NO levels in check. But when you have an infection, your body uses NO to kill it. Without it the virus can survive. Having an virus is unnatural, so the body must increase NO to an unnatural level to kill it, and then reduce NO to normal levels again.
It is nice to read people who understand context and nuance. Thanks man.

Elephanto

Yeah, it keeps NO levels in check. But when you have an infection, your body uses NO to kill it. Without it the virus can survive. Having an virus is unnatural, so the body must increase NO to an unnatural level to kill it, and then reduce NO to normal levels again.

Yes I was just adding this to show that it has a long-term net effect of decreasing nitric oxide. Zinc also has anti-bacterial properties on its own so it will help clear off pathogens/viruses even outside of its influence on the immune system. Being anti-estrogenic could be another way it promotes immune health.

managing

You always used to see cal-mag-zinc supplements and discussion on how the balance of these were important (like 30 years ago).

Is this a thing, or just old BS that died off for a good reason?

Elephanto

You always used to see cal-mag-zinc supplements and discussion on how the balance of these were important (like 30 years ago).

As far as I know, it's only the balance between Zinc and Copper that matters since they are antagonizing of each other. Prolonged supplemental Zinc will usually induce Copper deficiency. For me the symptom was my back hurting and not being able to have a correct posture easily. Taking Copper fixes that, and deficiency condenses the spinal cord (causes myelopathy when prolonged and extreme).

managing

As far as I know, it's only the balance between Zinc and Copper that matters since they are antagonizing of each other. Prolonged supplemental Zinc will usually induce Copper deficiency. For me the symptom was my back hurting and not being able to have a correct posture easily. Taking Copper fixes that, and deficiency condenses the spinal cord (causes myelopathy when prolonged and extreme).
What form of copper do you take?

tara

I don't know in general, but I take these three together. I take Cabecause I don't handle dairy and figure I don't eat enough leaves to cover this. I take Mgbecause without it I get cramps anad more migraines. I take a litle Zn because without it I get skin issues. And I take a little extra zinc any time I feel a cold or something coming on.

Frankdee20

Zinc gluconate is awesome, and I eat liver frequently so no worries.

Makrosky

I think haidut should release a "Viranon" product based on some recent posts about a number of substances protecting against HIV and the like. Like aspirin, Zinc, MB, etc...

It would be very useful for people hitting the pubs and discos on saturday nights ;) ;) just as a profilactic measure LOL

Andman

I think haidut should release a "Viranon" product based on some recent posts about a number of substances protecting against HIV and the like. Like aspirin, Zinc, MB, etc...

It would be very useful for people hitting the pubs and discos on saturday nights ;) ;) just as a profilactic measure LOL

like..oxidal? ‍♂️