Zinc in serum bad , but good in „blood“?

redsun

What is a good serum copper level?
More or less smack dab in the middle of the reference range for both serum copper as well as ceruloplasmin. Ceruloplasmin is what actually does anything, so its important more than anything that ceruloplasmin is normal but it depends on copper of course (and a few other things).

OP
M

Motif

More or less smack dab in the middle of the reference range for both serum copper as well as ceruloplasmin. Ceruloplasmin is what actually does anything, so its important more than anything that ceruloplasmin is normal but it depends on copper of course (and a few other things).

Thanks a lot! How do I continue after copper is fixed and zinc still low , so I don’t create another imbalance ?

Is there a topical or sublingual (that doesn’t get swallowed) way to take zinc while I try to get copper up or would this also be bad for increasing copper when it doesn’t reach the gut?

redsun

Thanks a lot! How do I continue after copper is fixed and zinc still low , so I don’t create another imbalance ?

Is there a topical or sublingual (that doesn’t get swallowed) way to take zinc while I try to get copper up or would this also be bad for increasing copper when it doesn’t reach the gut?
You need to raise copper levels. Once your liver collects enough copper in its stores (this is where we store most of it), it loses copper very slowly so it would take awhile for you to get copper deficient again. But you need to get the copper in there first and raise stores, hence high copper intake from liver and other foods for awhile.

Yes you need to avoid all zinc supplementation and there is no other way to get zinc so just be patient, don't worry so much about it and get normal amounts from food (avoid oysters but red meat is fine) and do what I described before.

OP
M

Motif

You need to raise copper levels. Once your liver collects enough copper in its stores (this is where we store most of it), it loses copper very slowly so it would take awhile for you to get copper deficient again. But you need to get the copper in there first and raise stores, hence high copper intake from liver and other foods for awhile.

Yes you need to avoid all zinc supplementation and there is no other way to get zinc so just be patient, don't worry so much about it and get normal amounts from food (avoid oysters but red meat is fine) and do what I described before.

Ok, I’ll report back! Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals