Zinc. How Many Mg Do You Take?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
One of the hardest questions I've tried to understand is about how long one should take Zinc to increase their serum levels.

What dosage and how frequently does one need to use to restore a zinc deficiency?

I see that The biological half-life of zinc is about 280 days.

So I would love to start some discussion/research on this topic.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Mito

This is definitely helpful, but for how long should they use 10mg, a couple of weeks, and then stop?
The only way to know for sure is to test. 10 mg is a relatively small amount that could probably be taken for a long time but it’s always good to test periodically.

Runenight201

@Motif any theories as to the cause? One would think that zinc supplementation would bring levels into balance. Either you’re not absorbing it or your body is wasting zinc at an enormous rate. Are you ejaculating multiple times a day?

Motif

Something seems to be wrong with me. But no idea what it is.
Some say it's kryptopyrrollia and I even did a test which was positive, but no idea if this is reliable

Motif

Everything There is to Know About Kryptopyrrole & Pyrroluria (High Mauve) - Selfhacked @Motif have you looked at this? How are your b6 levels?

Their solution for high hydroxyhemopyrrolin-2-one, or HPL, treats the symptom not the cause, but apparently provides relief. Have you tried b6 supplementation? Could also eat more bananas, they have high b6 and magnesium
Yeah I tested positive for it, but I don't know if this is reliable.

And still they just tell me to take supplements and like i said - It doesn't work for me. Still deficient.
And I don't know how to dose the supplements.
Maybe way higher, but then I need tons of copper too.

Luckytype

I usually do 12.5 or 25mg with a juice meal most days of the week. Picolinate form and i chew it before chasing.

For reference im also eating liver, seafood, mag supplement sometimes etc..

Motif

Somebody wrote this here in the forum :

"
"Very easy . Zinc lowers magnesium which makes copper biounavailable. This will lower your serum manganese. Since serum manganese goes down your IRON cant come out into the serum. IRON is what makes DHT sensitive.

Calcium magnesium copper zinc manganese supplement will fix you up. Copper alone 25mg will increase sodium too much and that will lower magnesium and basically ceruloplasmin will tank , even if you take 25mg which is insane.

Bottom line, copper when you take it , it tanks potassium and puts pressure on magnesium. When potassium tanks on taking 25mg copper, body will increase sodium extraction and will try to retain potassium by increasing 3 beta hsd, and will retain magnesium. Since you dont have enough magnesium , you taking copper is doing nothing.

This is the biggest mistake of people taking copper. Copper only should be taken with potassium and magnesium and sometimes manganese. Otherwise taking copper will never raise your ceruloplasmin.

This is what happened to you. when you took zinc, your potassium in the cell went up since zinc increases 3 beta hsd.

Then you took a little bit of copper and your drive sex drive went up. But you took so much copper that your potassium tanks from high to low. Now body is retaining zinc and gettting rid of copper LOL

For your body to retain copper you need to support potassium level with potassium and magnesium.

In any case, try supplement

magnesium, calcium, d3, zinc, copper , manganese, boron

It should fix you within a week or so.
"

Runenight201

Sounds like Gbolduev's writing style...I need a chart to detail all those interactions... that or it's too early and whatever region of my brain that supports working memory just is not receiving proper blood flow right now.

Can't hurt to try right? Just supplement the rainbow and pray you find the pot of gold.

Motif

Sounds like Gbolduev's writing style...I need a chart to detail all those interactions... that or it's too early and whatever region of my brain that supports working memory just is not receiving proper blood flow right now.

Can't hurt to try right? Just supplement the rainbow and pray you find the pot of gold.

Yeah right, that's his name.
So he is not reliable ? I was reading some of his posts and it sounds like he kinda knows some stuff

Runenight201

He certainly knew a lot about biochemistry and based a lot of his ideas around Paul Eck's principle of hair mineral analysis as well as principles of keeping people alive in emergency situations.

There are a couple people who have claimed to get better following his implementations, but the whole enterprise, while promising to someone who may have not quite succeeded Peating, ended up being just a little too sketchy to me. I actually had tried eating a certain way according to my metabolic type before, and did not feel good at all. That being said, some of his ideas were pretty good. I liked the idea of occasional fasts, and the need to find a diet that isn't so reliable on sugar. I had been at a point where if I wasn't consuming some type of calorie (mainly sugar) by the hour I would feel bad, and it took reading his thread for me to realize that being trapped in the situation isn't good.

Supplementing based on your body's deficiencies is also a good idea, and in regards to how the body responds to supplementation, in terms of flushing certain nutrients and holding on to others, I have no idea about. I intuitively want to believe that it's not that complicated, and for the average person looking to fix their health it probably isn't that complicated, but for someone who has a serious case (he had cancer), then perhaps it could be useful to try.

Can't hurt to give it a try, definitely look into which minerals may be harmful if overingested, but a lot of those minerals were safe, such as d3, zinc, magnesium, and calcium, which are commonly supplemented here. I think copper is a little sketchier, as too much copper is definitely bad. I don't know about Boron and Manganese. Magnesium Chloride supplementation in the water I drink has a substantial effect on me. The instant relaxation I get from it is very nice.

Motif

I see, thanks.

Yeah, it's exhausting to read contradictory stuff about copper especially. I have no idea what to do. My copper in blood is low, but still people say it could be copper toxicity and with taking copper I would harm myself.

And potassium/ Magnesium / calcium etc. ratio is tuff too

Runenight201

It can for sure be information overload here, especially when trying to implement everyone's own version of what they believe is going on, and when you yourself don't quite know who is right or wrong, or who to give more credit to being more on the money less on the money.

If you've ever felt really good in the past, try and analyze why that was so, including what foods you ate, supplements you took, environment you were in, etc...and then you can proceed from there in being aware of what things you do that get you closer towards that feeling of good health and what things take you farther. In my experience, things don't get worse before they get better. Foods/supplements that are good for me Ill feel right away, similarly with foods that are bad for me. Trust your intuition, meditate, stay aware, constantly reflect on your internal state, especially after eating and taking supplements. Follow your appetite and cravings, but try and keep the foods natural and the supplements rational.

Following my cravings have led me to more positive health then doing anything else. Sometimes we follow too much on the theoretical side and ignore what our body is telling us. Ray has even stated that cravings exist as our body telling us what we really need, which I think intuitively makes a lot of sense. Even for those who believe that's not the case, for those who crave junk food, what they're really craving for us the nutrition behind the junk food. French fries can easily be the potassium and other nutrients in plain potatoes, candy can easily be explained for with sugar that can be consumed through fruit/fruit juice. Chips is the need for salt. What also helps is updating your knowledge base with your experience post craving fulfillment. I once craved buffalo chicken wings very badly, so I went and ate them, and then I felt horrible, so I became wiser in knowing that buffalo chicken wings isn't an appropriate solution, and it's probably the lack of protein/potassium that led to that craving, so consuming cheese or milk is a better answer. This way you can align with cravings with foods that actually heal you and don't harm, and once you've reached that state, you've hit the Panacea, because you'll be able to know exactly what your body needs to operate optimally and feel good.

Stay active, get some light cardio in, get sunlight or take D, stay positive, optimistic, that things will get better as long as you keep trying, and eventually you'll find a solution. Whether it takes days, weeks, months, years, you'll find a solution. And the journey will be well worth it then.