Zinc helps thymus gland regenerate in mice

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi boi,a friend asked me recently if it was possible to gain muscle in caloric deficit,he asked for "studies"do you have some to link me so i can send him?
Here is a good one from 2022: Energy deficiency impairs resistance training gains in lean mass but not strength: A meta-analysis and meta-regression - PubMed
You can eat at maintenance and recomp, so you don't need to be in a deficit to lose fat. The energy required for growth or acquired from adipose tissue. But this approach takes a long time though.

Birdie

That amount of zinc realy is big ... altough it makes me wonder if the guy from "revealingfraud" is onto something ...

Do you guys actualy supplement zinc specifically and if so, what dosage? I just can't source nor do i realy want to eat oysters ...
We use 30mg a couple of times a week. No good source of oysters here. Ray sometimes warns about too much Zinc.

Cloudhands

Cloudhands

What does that training look like?
high volume light weight isolated exercises on small muscles (like biceps, calves, abs, etc) daily. Similiar to what eugene sandow advocated. Maybe 50 reps daily of each muscles chosen, people talk about it being the best way to induce satelite cell growth. I personally do a fully body high volume workout 6 days a week, and im seeing more growth and less tax/fatigue then when i was doing high weight/low volume training. I still do 3 compound days a week on top of the daily nucleus overload, i just go less hard, maybe 66% rpe/33% rir, and feel better throughout the day in general. I know in theory chronic high volume exercise induces less mitochondrial biogenesis, but i cant believe that is always the case based on how amazing i feel doing high rep vs low rep which always left me extremely fatigued.

Veritas IV

More Thymus study material on Josh Mittledorf's anti-aging blog.

Plenty of more links within the article and user comments, including an interesting one about using Colostrum.

I haven't had a moment to check yet but he may have more Thymus related articles.

Veritas IV

Nothing too new but potentially useful and or thought provoking:

Report from Rejuvenation Biotech Conference (2015)​

(ant-aging, cancer research, thymic involution and regeneration, alzheimer's plasma & chronokines therapy, potential Metformin mitigations, Telomeres and other speculations):

- Select from different compounds to create your own list here.
- The example below was sourced from the Mittledorf Blog (a GlyNac article):
TreatmentLifespan increase
Epithalamin31%
Thymus Peptide28%
Rapamycin26%
N-Acetylcysteine24%
GlyNAC 202224%
Spermidine24%
Acarbose22%
Phenformin21%
Ethoxyquin20%
Vanadyl sulfate12%
Aspirin8%
^^ Thymus Peptide? interesting

A 2019 article:

1st Age Reversal Results—Is it HGH or Something Else?​

The TRIIM Study, results were fatty atrophied portions of the Thymus were replaced with a functional portion (a swap essentially, Thymus size remained the same) treatments included:
  • HGH (Human growth hormone), 0.015mg/Kg body weight, adjusted individually according to metabolic response. HGH doesn’t survive digestion, so it is self-injected with a tiny needle in the belly
  • Metformin, 500mg daily
  • Vitamin D, 3000 IU daily (5 times RDA)
  • Zinc, 50mg daily (5 times RDA)
  • DHEA, 50mg

The Bottom Line

There is no known mechanism whereby HGH is expected to affect the methylation profile. This is not to say that it does not do so, but it is just as viable to think that the combination of vitamin D and Zn is affecting methylation age.

High blood levels of vitamin D and zinc are known to be correlated with lower all-cause mortality and longer life expectancy. Metformin is being investigated in its own right as an anti-aging drug. DHEA has been promoted as an anti-aging supplement for decades, though existing studies indicate DHEA does not increase lifespan in mice. The principal effect of HGH is to increase the hormone IGF1, and DHEA also does this, far more cheaply and over-the-counter, but to a much smaller extent.

Snippet, read article for full info.

Random added bonus,
A name we may see in the upcoming future, hopefully, Dr Harold Katcher:

- Kept his work away from Big Pharma, difficulties securing funding, securing his intellectual property. Mittleforf's friend. He was not privy to the important info but Mittledorf believes thymus regeneration is an important aspect or byproduct of these efforts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals