Zinc helps thymus gland regenerate in mice

Mauritio

Zinc helps regenerate thymus tissue in mice.

Here's an article on it:

From the actual study:
"Restoration of T cell immunity is dependent on tissue regeneration in the thymus, the primary site of T cell development; although the capacity of the thymus to repair itself diminishes over lifespan. However, although boosting thymic function and T cell reconstitution is of considerable clinical importance, there are currently no approved therapies for treating lymphopenia. Here we found that Zinc (Zn), is critically important for both normal T cell development as well as repair after acute damage. Accumulated Zn in thymocytes during development was released into the extracellular milieu after HSCT conditioning, where it triggered regeneration by stimulating endothelial cell-production of BMP4 via the cell surface receptor GPR39. Dietary supplementation of Zn was sufficient to promote thymic function in a mouse model of allogeneic HSCT, including enhancing the number of recent thymic emigrants in circulation; although direct targeting of GPR39 with a small molecule agonist enhanced thymic function without the need for prior Zn accumulation in thymocytes."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Dosage seems very, very high. Makes me wonder if that much is necessary at all.

"Zn supplementation was administered orally by dissolving ultrapure Zn sulfate monohydrate (Alfa Aesar, Haverhill, MA) in drinking water (1.06 g/ml, which delivered 300 mg/Kg/mouse/day based on average water consumption). "

Hans

Forum Supporter
I think one of the main reasons how zinc help is to lower cortisol. Zinc deficient animals tend to have 6 times higher cortisol compared to zinc adequate animals. And cortisol is highly catabolic to the thymus. More zinc, less cortisol, larger thymus and better immune system. :thumbsup:

Ben.

That amount of zinc realy is big ... altough it makes me wonder if the guy from "revealingfraud" is onto something ...

Do you guys actualy supplement zinc specifically and if so, what dosage? I just can't source nor do i realy want to eat oysters ...

Hans

Forum Supporter
That amount of zinc realy is big ... altough it makes me wonder if the guy from "revealingfraud" is onto something ...

Do you guys actualy supplement zinc specifically and if so, what dosage? I just can't source nor do i realy want to eat oysters ...
I just eat a lot of beef. Like 1 lbs daily. More than enough zinc.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I eat meat and sometimes oysters.

There is also such a thing as too much zinc , I think it has an unfavorable action on the metalloproteinase enzymes.

Perry Staltic

25-35 mg per day, though kind of erratic at the moment. Can't stand oysters, don't eat much meat.

magnesiumania

I eat meat and sometimes oysters.

There is also such a thing as too much zinc , I think it has an unfavorable action on the metalloproteinase enzymes.
It stimulates Metallothionein which will bind up lots Cu and other minerals

joaquin

Milk and red meat are the way to go. It is always best to get minerals thru the their natural intact holistic sources.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you ever eat oysters? I’ve been thinking of doing weekly or biweekly raw oysters, I’ve heard great thinking about them
I eat them every now and again, but if I eat a lot of meat, I don't really have them very frequently.

Hans

Forum Supporter
word bro. Im gonna start cutting soon so ive been invested in your journey
Sweet man! How much do you want to lose? I thought I'd be pretty lean at 90, but seems like I need to go to 85 to be at around 10-12%.

Cloudhands

Sweet man! How much do you want to lose? I thought I'd be pretty lean at 90, but seems like I need to go to 85 to be at around 10-12%.
i dont have a number in mind, im just gonna take off maybe 200 calories and keep that going until I have a better shoulder/waist ratio. Im hoping the "deficit" is small enough that i can continue gaining decent muscle. Ive recently switched from strength training to hypertrophy focused training, and i started taking thyroid, and im looking and feeling amazing.
You still chugging milk? I cant help but think it makes me fat for some reason other than calories, and might expiriment with cutting back on it or drinking less.

Hans

Forum Supporter
i dont have a number in mind, im just gonna take off maybe 200 calories and keep that going until I have a better shoulder/waist ratio. Im hoping the "deficit" is small enough that i can continue gaining decent muscle. Ive recently switched from strength training to hypertrophy focused training, and i started taking thyroid, and im looking and feeling amazing.
You still chugging milk? I cant help but think it makes me fat for some reason other than calories, and might expiriment with cutting back on it or drinking less.
You should gain muscle on a 200 cal deficit. Around 500 is when new muscle gain is about zero depending on someones experience level. You can definitely still gain strength in a deficit.
Yes, still slamming milk. Just feel better on it.

Nomane Euger

You should gain muscle on a 200 cal deficit. Around 500 is when new muscle gain is about zero depending on someones experience level. You can definitely still gain strength in a deficit.
Yes, still slamming milk. Just feel better on it.
Hi boi,a friend asked me recently if it was possible to gain muscle in caloric deficit,he asked for "studies"do you have some to link me so i can send him?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals