Zinc/Copper related black spot (line) (HELP)

member11823

Hello,

Zinc
(from 170 mg L-OptiZinc® Monomethionine)
30 mg273%
Copper
(from 3 mg Copper Amino Acid Chelate)
0.3 mg33%
3 times per week

+

Copper
(as copper glycinate amino acid chelate†)
2.5 mg125%
2 times per week

--------------------------------------

TOTAL
zinc: 90 mg per week
copper: 5.9 mg per week

This thing has appeared after increasing copper to 3 times per day. I've been zinc deficient for a big part of my life, optizinc fixed that. I'm just trying to balance it out with copper but it seems my ceruloplasmin is naturally higher???

IMG_20210118_115538.jpg
IMG_20210118_115509.jpg

Gustav3Y

I've seen people report spots after copper supplementation but not under the nail and as a straight black line, rather brown roundish spots.
That is the only place where you have seen any difference?

member11823

Yes, this is the only I've seen this line/spot. I've tried supplementing B12/folate (5mg/800mcg) for months, no effect at all.

Titanium

I have such black spot under my nail too but that was because I hit my finger with a hammer two weeks ago. If this is the only finger it might be a little dried blood from a small injury (a wood splinter or similar). I never got pigmentation from copper or zinc supplementation. Years ago I got some age-spots in my face due to anti-biotics usage in combination with uv exposure. At the same time I got really black stains on my teeth. Both were due to a chemical reaction with iron. I quit the anti-biotics and the stains on my teeth disappeared. The age-spots in my face were much harder to deal with. It really needs to wear off. I have used retinol acid cream (painful) and even sanding paper (less painful) and now it is almost gone.

member11823

I got this spot since the beginning of 2019. I'm almost 100% sure it's copper related. I see somewhere the recommended copper intake should be around 7/14 mg per week. I'm just trying to figure it out. Will try to increase zinc to 120 mg per week.

Titanium

Grit 240; but you need to be careful not to overdo. Not to the point were your skin starts bleeding. A little redness for a day is ok. Give the skin time to heal before the next treatment.

Titanium

The amounts of copper & zinc you mention are pretty low. It is always good to balance copper and zinc of course.

ursidae

Ive been having brown-greenish dark lines on my pinky finger myself and I scoured the internet trying to find out why
I noticed today they’ve faded slightly. Thought it was either overdoing it with the zinc, lead toxicity from too much bone broth, a sign of malabsorption or that I finally developed lupus
Do you happen to have ridged nails?