Zinc Causing Temporary Joint Pain

maillol

I've noticed recently that when I take zinc I get some pain in wrist or finger joints. It usually passes in about an hour. Is this a lack of copper?

ilhanxx

I had this effect from proviron, aromasin.(also hairloss) It passed with the help of some estrogenic herbal teas and foods. Libido is returning to normal again.

OP
maillol

maillol

Is zinc really that powerful an aromatase inhibitor?

vCity

Simpler explanation might be that its boosting your immune system and what you are feeling is a bit of die-off.

Last edited:

Chromeo

I always wonder why increased androgens can lead to sore joints? Besides the effect it has against estrogen... In my mind, perhaps it's having an opposing effect on some sort of mycobacteria/stealth infection that buries itself deeply in your joints to feed off of hyaluronic acid (and other GAG's) which then begins to die due to some sort of effect that the increased positive flow of androgens has against it/them...thus leading to joint pain. Only speculation, I could be wrong.

Anyway, perhaps increase boron intake with zinc for slight joint support and add in some chlorophyllin for an easy to use form of copper which lowers body odors and aflatoxins overall.

Kunstruct

Is zinc really that powerful an aromatase inhibitor?
No, it is not. You need a fairly high dose for that and repeated doses.
That does not mean it can't be in certain condition like probably very weak rebound of aromatase enzyme activity and eliminating of other factors, like elimination of stress that can rise aromatise enzyme.

Why do you take Zinc?

OP
maillol

maillol

No, it is not. You need a fairly high dose for that and repeated doses.
That does not mean it can't be in certain condition like probably very weak rebound of aromatase enzyme activity and eliminating of other factors, like elimination of stress that can rise aromatise enzyme.

Why do you take Zinc?
I'm not anymore. I was taking it because it improved my sleep. I'm getting better results now from focussing on my liver. Coffee and less fat.

Jing

I had this effect from proviron, aromasin.(also hairloss) It passed with the help of some estrogenic herbal teas and foods. Libido is returning to normal again.
I get the same with proviron and recently Masteron wrists , feet , shins shoulders and forearms starting to hurt , what teas and foods did you use?

GorillaHead

Here to say within a week i experienced exact symptoms. I heard it could be zinc destroying cartilage something they found in arthritis.

So weird

GenericName86

Here to say within a week i experienced exact symptoms. I heard it could be zinc destroying cartilage something they found in arthritis.

So weird

I read same thing in a Korean study, probably the same thing we're talking about? Haven't seen any other studies saying the same thing

redsun

So weird

Its not going to destroy cartilage. Its needed to build most proteins in the body. It will cause joint pain if copper and copper metabolism (ceruloplasmin cofactors) are poor.

Zinc is still a part of copper metabolism via its necessity for vitamin A metabolism (which ceruloplasmin needs) but if you are missing a link somewhere in there (lots of zinc but copper is lacking for example) its going to worsen copper metabolism and increase the chances of joint problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals