Zinc bisglycinate any good?

Nebula

<1.0 mg/kg according to the bottom spec-sheet (seems to be the one with the strictest requirements/highest standard). Potentially 4 times less lead than the one I'm currently taking - I'd say you're good.
Well that would be good news for people who prefer zinc sulfate. 100 grams is about a 10 year supply for the price that most liquid zinc supplements sell for a few months worth. Lol you see a lot of these Ionic zinc bottles for sale for $20. All they are is a couple grams of zinc sulfate and distilled water. I guess there are much more shady ways to make a living, but it would be very easy and much cheaper to make yourself.

Last edited:
Well that would be good news for people who prefer zinc sulfate. 100 grams is about a 10 year supply for the price that most liquid zinc supplements sell for a few months worth. Lol you see a lot of these Ionic zinc bottles for sale for $20. All they are is a couple grams of zinc sulfate and distilled water. I guess there are much more shady ways to make a living, but it would be very easy and much cheaper to make yourself.

I agree. Although it is more practical to just squeeze a few drops into water or juice rather than having to weigh the powder out every day. But is it worth that kind of premium? Hardly.

Nebula

I agree. Although it is more practical to just squeeze a few drops into water or juice rather than having to weigh the powder out every day. But is it worth that kind of premium? Hardly.
You could easily put around 600mg in a 1-2 oz dropper bottle to get 0.5-1 mg per drop. It has very high solubility in water.

OP
M

Motif

Thoughts on the Thorne trace minerals ?

has zinc bisglycinate too though

Nebula

Thoughts on the Thorne trace minerals ?

has zinc bisglycinate too though
Supplementing trace minerals are a waste of time if thyroid, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and progesterone/DHEA aren’t already near optimal. In my experience a deficiency of trace minerals is impossible to correct until the fundamentals are in place.

Last edited:

johnysummer

Supplementing trace minerals are a waste of time if thyroid, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and progesterone/DHEA aren’t already near optimal. In my experience a deficiency of trace minerals is impossible to correct until the fundamentals are in place.
This is so true. Also I think the only safe mineral to supplement is magnesium and probably calcium in some good form like eggshell (must have adequate k2). Supplemented every other causes some imbalance. Boosting thyroid and eating shellfish and liver seem to solve such deficienses.

Nebula

This is so true. Also I think the only safe mineral to supplement is magnesium and probably calcium in some good form like eggshell (must have adequate k2). Supplemented every other causes some imbalance. Boosting thyroid and eating shellfish and liver seem to solve such deficienses.
I would still be careful with liver and oysters until thyroid and magnesium have been optimized. Gorging on too much trace mineral and retinol rich food when hypothyroid can also cause problems.

OP
M

Motif

@Nebula
@johnysummer

Could you tell me about what issues you had, what you tried and didn’t work and when you were able to improve health and how?

johnysummer

Hypothyroidism is the root cause. What went wrong since childhood that caused it is another story different for anyone. My opinion is to try solve hypothyroidism no matter what. You need to do serious studying and experimenting to achieve that. Doing everything Peat says will solve most of your metabolic problems probably.

OP
M

Motif

@Nebula
@johnysummer

Could you tell me about what issues you had, what you tried and didn’t work and when you were able to improve health and how in
Hypothyroidism is the root cause. What went wrong since childhood that caused it is another story different for anyone. My opinion is to try solve hypothyroidism no matter what. You need to do serious studying and experimenting to achieve that. Doing everything Peat says will solve most of your metabolic problems probably.
So you had deficiencies that you weren’t able to solve and with good thyroid they went away?

johnysummer

@Nebula
@johnysummer

Could you tell me about what issues you had, what you tried and didn’t work and when you were able to improve health and how in

So you had deficiencies that you weren’t able to solve and with good thyroid they went away?
I didnt bother checkin with deficiences. I was eating pretty nutriciously almost my whole life so I probably didnt have any serious deficiency at any time. What I had was chronic stress and low thyroid function. This caused a series of problems including chronic asthma, stufed nose, poor breathing, low glycogen in muscle and poor ability to recover and regenerate from almost anything stressful and many other issues. All my alergies went away the first month I started fixing my thyroid (high calcium, sugar etc). I have zero asthma incidents for 5-6 months now and this is seriously unbelievable given my past situation. Working towards a higher oxidative metabolism is solving every micro aspect in my life.

OP
M

Motif

I didnt bother checkin with deficiences. I was eating pretty nutriciously almost my whole life so I probably didnt have any serious deficiency at any time. What I had was chronic stress and low thyroid function. This caused a series of problems including chronic asthma, stufed nose, poor breathing, low glycogen in muscle and poor ability to recover and regenerate from almost anything stressful and many other issues. All my alergies went away the first month I started fixing my thyroid (high calcium, sugar etc). I have zero asthma incidents for 5-6 months now and this is seriously unbelievable given my past situation. Working towards a higher oxidative metabolism is solving every micro aspect in my life.
Great!
you know what would be cool? Do you use Cronometer? I would love to know what you eat on an average day!
if you ever feel motivated maybe you can post what one or two days of eating look like for you

johnysummer

cronometer (2).png

OP
M

Motif

I prefer zinc sulphate in liquid form. Hands down the best form I've tried. It doesnt require stomach acid to be absorbed. 10mg is plenty. I get 2-3mg copper from foods. 50mg is way too much.
Still taking it?
daily? Does it not deplete other minerals long term ?