Zinc bisglycinate any good?

Motif

Is this absorbed well?

i don’t want to take too much, but for the guys who take 50 mg zinc - are you balancing it with 3-5 mg copper?

JKX

I prefer zinc sulphate in liquid form. Hands down the best form I've tried. It doesnt require stomach acid to be absorbed. 10mg is plenty. I get 2-3mg copper from foods. 50mg is way too much.

OP
M

Motif

Is this absorbed well?
I prefer zinc sulphate in liquid form. Hands down the best form I've tried. It doesnt require stomach acid to be absorbed. 10mg is plenty. I get 2-3mg copper from foods. 50mg is way too much.

never tried this one. What did you try before?
And how do you feel the difference?

and what foods do you ear for copper regularly ?

Perry Staltic

IMO 50 mg Zn and 3-5 mg Cu is too much. 30 mg Zn and 1-2 mg Cu every other day should be fine. Make sure you take selenium too.

JKX

never tried this one. What did you try before?
And how do you feel the difference?

and what foods do you ear for copper regularly ?
Ive tried picolinate, glycinate, aspartate, monomethionine. None of those come close to sulphate.

I always take before bed with some magnesium.

Sulphate is the only form which makes my ejaculate pure white and at a very low dose. Im fairly certain that can be taken as a sign of being zinc replete.

When I first tried it the effect on respiration was immediate. Clear deep breathing within minutes of taking.

Best foods for copper IMO... seafood, good quality dark chocolate, occasional liver.

Perry Staltic

why extra selenium? Would a bit in a multi ne enough?

@JKX thanks!

Yeah amount in multi is fine, 100-200 mcg. Selenium is necessary to release zinc from its transporter protein (metallothionein) so it's bioavailable.

Selenium provokes zinc release by Metallothioneins (MT), via reduction of glutathione peroxidase. This fact is crucial in ageing because high MT may be unable to release zinc with subsequent low intracellular free zinc ion availability for immune efficiency, metabolic harmony and antioxidant activity.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Yeah amount in multi is fine, 100-200 mcg. Selenium is necessary to release zinc from its transporter protein (metallothionein) so it's bioavailable.

Good to know, thanks

@JKX

why liquid? Did you try non liquid ?

Vins7

Ive tried picolinate, glycinate, aspartate, monomethionine. None of those come close to sulphate.

I always take before bed with some magnesium.

Sulphate is the only form which makes my ejaculate pure white and at a very low dose. Im fairly certain that can be taken as a sign of being zinc replete.

When I first tried it the effect on respiration was immediate. Clear deep breathing within minutes of taking.

Best foods for copper IMO... seafood, good quality dark chocolate, occasional liver.
did zinc sulfate have any impact on your libido? or did It not significantly affect?

The only Zinc Sulphate I could find on eBay was this, got like a kilo of the stuff:

It's ACS,, supposed to be even higher purity than food grade. There's a bunch of warning labels but I guess that is by law, lol. Do you think it is safe to dose this? I can't imagine it would come any purer in a commercial capsule supplement anyway.

Perry Staltic

The only Zinc Sulphate I could find on eBay was this, got like a kilo of the stuff:

It's ACS,, supposed to be even higher purity than food grade. There's a bunch of warning labels but I guess that is by law, lol. Do you think it is safe to dose this? I can't imagine it would come any purer in a commercial capsule supplement anyway.

It says harmful if swallowed. I wouldn't touch that.

Nebula

Pure Bulk sells a zinc sulfate powder but I don’t how pure it is either.

reality

Picolinate works for me

I dont like the glycinate forms for anything, I get strange reactions whenever I tried magnesium glycinate, presumably from the glycine effecting ndma is some fashion

Picolinate works for me

I dont like the glycinate forms for anything, I get strange reactions whenever I tried magnesium glycinate, presumably from the glycine effecting ndma is some fashion

Likewise. For this reason I still can't find what the 'best' source of magnesium is for me. Some say chloride is acidic. Citrate is also bad for some reason. Glycinate has, well, glycine and I prefer not to ingest solo aminoacids in large amounts... not sure what's left. Carbonate I guess.

reality

Likewise. For this reason I still can't find what the 'best' source of magnesium is for me. Some say chloride is acidic. Citrate is also bad for some reason. Glycinate has, well, glycine and I prefer not to ingest solo aminoacids in large amounts... not sure what's left. Carbonate I guess.
I’m also still looking for a good magnesium supp. Citrate sends me straight to the toilet.
I’ve used malate, but again malate effects the Krebs cycle and it seemed to give me a stress type reaction

I take Epsom salt baths at the moment and it definitely helps

Nebula

Does this zinc sulfate from Pure Bulk look clean enough? Lead seems a bit high in ppm, but since you would only consume 10mg of zinc per day maybe it’s inconsequential.

Attachments

• PBCOA. Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate. ZSM 0167-1.pdf
    421.1 KB · Views: 15
Does this zinc sulfate from Pure Bulk look clean enough? Lead seems a bit high in ppm, but since you would only consume 10mg of zinc per day maybe it’s inconsequential.

<1.0 mg/kg according to the bottom spec-sheet (seems to be the one with the strictest requirements/highest standard). Potentially 4 times less lead than the one I'm currently taking - I'd say you're good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals