Zika Speculations?

hmac

I've been loosely following the BBCs coverage of the so-called Zika Virus emergency in Brazil (following loosely because I believe the BBC to be moderately neurotoxic). I've found the whole coverage has come across like some kind of outtakes reel from a disaster movie that never made it to the big screen.
I'm extremely skeptical, suspecting that the whole thing may have been invented for various economic and political reasons. A quick pubmed search suggested that Zika has been around for a long time - if so, why has it no previously been connected with microencephaly?
I am seriously unqualified to speculate on real causes of microencephaly but, since increased availability of glucose seems to result in larger brains, then the inverse situation should result in smaller ones. I would imagine that in all the mothers of the affected children had the classical signs of the stress metabolism with elevated FFAs, Glucocorticoids etc. If these things are responsible for microencephaly then it seems unlikely that the virus is actually the cause. It seems far more likely that environmental toxins and an environment engendering hopelessness would be.
I think they're probably jumping to blame to epidemic on the 'Zika virus' to distract from the environmental causes of microencephaly. It's also likely that someone's going to design a vaccine for it and make a lot of money. Is it even an epidemic... or simply advertising copy?

What do people think? What might actually prevent this... Aspirin?

Sol

This is very interesting. Yesterday I read an article about the possible relation between zika and TDAP vaccine.

Number of microcephaly cases in Brazil:
2010 - 153; 2011 - 139; 2012 - 175; 2013 - 167; 2014 - 147
Very stable until 2014, now in 2015 we have an epidemic with thousands of cases, people freaking out, emergency declared, but...

"In late 2014, the Ministry of Health of Brazil announced the introduction of the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis) vaccine for all pregnant women in that country as part of its routine vaccination program. The move was aimed at trying to contain the resurgence of pertussis in Brazil."

Full article: About

source of the statistics on cases of microcephaly (in portuguese): Request Rejected

Coincidence? As you said zika virus has been around for a long time... And of course now they're going to develop a vaccine to counter the poisonous effects of another vaccine. And blame the mosquitoes.

OP
H

hmac

This is very interesting. Yesterday I read an article about the possible relation between zika and TDAP vaccine.

Very stable until 2014, now in 2015 we have an epidemic with thousands of cases, people freaking out, emergency declared, but...

"In late 2014, the Ministry of Health of Brazil announced the introduction of the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis) vaccine for all pregnant women in that country as part of its routine vaccination program. The move was aimed at trying to contain the resurgence of pertussis in Brazil."

source of the statistics on cases of microcephaly (in portuguese): Request Rejected

Coincidence? As you said zika virus has been around for a long time... And of course now they're going to develop a vaccine to counter the poisonous effects of another vaccine. And blame the mosquitoes.

Interesting article, thanks for that. It's amazing that they can put formaldehyde in anything and expect it to be beneficial for health.

It seems pretty apparent that, at the very least, the connection of the virus to the brain size issue is unfounded.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

thegiantess

Interesting correlation. However the vaccine isn't given to pregnant women until the 3rd trimester or it seems, more often in the US not until a few days postpartum. I find it unlikely that level of damage could occur in such a small window. Things like cerebral palsy for example are presented very early in pregnancy.

Lightbringer

Why is Aspirin Not to be taken for Zika ?

• Take medicine such as acetaminophen (Tylenol®) to relieve fever and pain.
  • Do not take aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.

nograde

Regarding the insecticide in question: Pyriproxyfen

Evaluation of estrogenic activities of pesticides using an in vitro reporter gene assay. - PubMed - NCBI
It was found that tolclofos-methyl, prothiofos, diazinon, Thiabenclazole (TBZ) and pyriproxyfen had estrogenic activity. Several pesticides are often present in agricultural products.

Evaluation of the estrogenic activities of some pesticides and their combinations using MtT/Se cell proliferation assay. - PubMed - NCBI
It was found that diazinon, tolclofos-methyl, pyriproxyfen, prothiofos and thiabendazole had estrogenic activity.

https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jkmu1956/57/2-4/57_165/_pdf
These results suggest that estrogenic activity detected with the E-CALUX assay is mainly ER-a dominant and the additive estrogenic activity was observed when cells were stimulated with the combination of 17 0 -estradiol (E2) and pesticides (pyriproxyfen, thiabendazole (TBZ) and o-phenylphenol (OPP)), respectively.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals