Yuánfèn

Energizer

Defining Yuánfèn (缘分)

Although the term Yuánfèn is ambiguous and has many different interpretations, there are several meanings that hold more weight than others. Yuán (缘) by itself means karma or fate; the second character Fèn(分) can mean the division between two halves. When combined together the term Yuánfèn (缘分) can be defined in the following ways:

1. A relationship that has been predestined
  2. Fate or chance that brings (two or more) people together
  3. A predestined affinity (with a person, place, etc.)
Are Relationships Predestined? They are in China!

How valid do you think this concept is? Is there any truth to the idea that meeting someone might be described as a "fateful coincidence"?

Last edited:

mariantos

How valid do you think this concept is? Is there any truth to the idea that meeting someone might be described as a "fateful coincidence"?
There are no coincidences, from my point of view.

After some experiences I have had, I can tell you that life takes you to different places that brings you back to new situations. However, the seemingly new situations bring with them the same old problems that are composed of our confrontations with certain habits or choices that we had or took and did not prove to be beneficial for us. So we repeat the test we failed in the past so the decision we make then, makes a difference, you can make the wrong choice and later in life you will be put back in the same position until you learn something, the things you will face or encounter will be similar in nature to past experiences, there will be different circumstances, people etc. You can also make the right choice.

I believe that nothing is accidental and that anyone we meet can be a lesson to us. It can be a hard lesson or a blessing. So you make your destiny, of course, you can't have control over the events that will follow, but that's what God takes care of, if God considers that you made the right choices, then the grass in the field will be with you, if you have done what is wrong or bad, do not be afraid, you have one more chance, even more. You can only make small choices from the moment you are in, but which can have big consequences over time.

In conclusion, our choices are defining as a whole.Regardless of your choice, time will tell if you did the right thing or not.

It is my opinion based on what I have lived and am living. I am very open to reading other opinions on this subject related to destiny.

Hugh Johnson

I say yes, but then again, I am highly spiritual in my views. However, ideas like that seem easy to abuse, to justify all kinds of unhealthy behaviour. They also tend to put the power outside yourself, and that is again a trap.

But you can believe anything you want about this, and you will find confirmation for it. So choose what reality you want to live in.

yerrag

It is not a uniquely Chinese framing of a present state, regardless of it being a garden of roses, or that of an endless Groundhog Day It is however, mostly an attempt to arrest any blame on ourselves or those around us for the present, so that we can move on with our lives rather than to dwell on the past and to keep us from living off a chicken alphabet soup of regrets and what might have been. It is the acceptance that we are used to when matching a movie. We would watch a hero suffer a tragic fate, and we would say "if only the villain was as careless as the hero," it would then be a happy and cheesy ending. But then if the outcome were such, then we would be on an infantile fantasy of watching Popeye and Brutus, where Olive Oil is always saved by Popeye.

When friends get together and one starts to b**** and moan, remember to employ this poetic license to steer the direction to another topic.

When you see a couple having their garden of roses, you can believe in YuanFen. But when you aren't in one, you can also say the same.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals