Youtube recommendations have become repetetive, boring, unhelpful and stunting for personal growth.

AlaskaJono

DF Tube is an addon which allows one to block the home page and more. I highly recommend it to anyone who is fed up with their recommendations.

I agree, lol. There are some golden nuggets there too, but it's just so drowned in bad and unhelpful content imo. Somewhat like Youtube, only that the content being used to drown the good stuff, is differently coated.
You are just going to have to utilize other methods of stimulating your brain, heart, life! I have been accused by my wife of being addicted to the Tube, and I do use it but less and less. Just for some newsy items because we don't have tv. Try history stuff, https://matthewehret.substack.com/p/the-art-of-political-lying-or-the.
Or specific items like music, etc. . The tube algo is apparently attempting to dumb us down imo. Even the search results from google. Really crap lately unless it is about car repair, or something technical.

joaquin

I used to be able to learn new things with Youtube, now it feels like I get recommended the same old stuff again and again.

In its golden age, Youtube was an immensely helpful tool for me. I went through phases of listening to lectures by so many different people and this shaped me in a positive way, and helped me view the world in a much more nuanced way than I saw it in before.
"...be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecclesiastes 12:12

SamYo123

You've seen/experienced it all probably a good thing, so you can go out into nature more

joaquin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals