Youtube Account For Ray Peat Clips

raypeatclips

Hello all,

I hope that this is ok with administrators to post on this site, if not then please remove the post.

I have begun to make a Youtube account adding clips from Ray Peat's audio interviews. My plan is to add his responses to questions which many people would ask, in the hope that is reduces the amount of repetitive questions he receives, as his fame increases. It also has the added effect of forcing me to listen to more of his interviews. :):

I have also begun to add clips that were created on this website, which I think will get more exposure on Youtube.

There are only a few clips up now but I will continue to add more as much as I can.

I think I should probably note I earn zero money from this Youtube page and never plan on doing so.

Hope you all like it, here is a link to get to it:

Ray Peat Clips

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Aaaaah yeeeh. :clap

My plan is to add his responses to questions which many people would ask, in the hope that is reduces the amount of repetitive questions he receives,

It won't because the people who call in the shows are locals listening to the radio station who just call in to the ask "the doctor" what he thinks. They don't know that he has a website and they don't know about forums and stuff. But there are clips about the same topic which can have different answers, sometimes contradicting answers.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Westside PUFAs - I meant limiting the amount of emails he receives, I wasn't meaning callers on the show. I am hoping people will search the terms on youtube before emailing him, so I am including responses to things, for example, like emphysema, which people could email him about, I couldn't really find him write about but on one of his most recent shows he addresses.

I have thought of the contradicting answers issue as well, but I still thought making the channel was worth it. My initial idea is to upload contradicting answers with the exact same title except number them #1 #2, so hopefully people will go through the videos with similar titles and then make their own decisions based on the multiple answers he has given. If anybody has any suggestions about this, or any suggestions for the channel at all, let me know!

Last edited:
OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Just an update! The Sugar 2 interview clips which have been provided on the forum are now all uploaded. I have another interview 50% clipped at the moment which I shall upload within the week. :)

burtlancast

Perhaps you could add a disclaimer that volunteers are needed to transcribe these interviews, and give this forum's link.

Dan W

Agreed, this is great. I've added it to the MarshmalloW directory to try to send it some traffic. I figure if a lot of us subscribe and "like" the videos, they're more likely to appear in the additional videos sidebar for random youtube viewers.

Another idea (although it might be too much work): you could add an ending annotation that points to the full interview from the channel @andrei.pozolotin made:
Talk by Date - YouTube
I think it's missing some though.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Thank you Dan Wich, subscriber count increasingly steadily. I think the likes are useful for spreading the videos around health communities and like minded people.

That is an excellent channel, unfortunately he hasn't updated in 2 years. I will begin uploading the full interviews following directly on from the channel you linked and will release more clips when I am back from holiday later on this week.

First full interview uploaded here! Had to drop the quality of the Peat picture, which reduced render time from 4 hours, to 25 minutes. I'm sure we will all miss Peat in his HD form.

@burtlancast Also have begun adding a link to the transcripts sub forum to try get some help over there. :)

Last edited:

Dan W

I might be able to help if there's anything that would be better automated. I have a passing familiarity with FFMPEG, and a JSON file of show data, with local copies of all (?) the shows. Or I can send them to anyone who might have some ideas for them.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Dan Wich Of course you can help! I have no experience with any of the things you mentioned so not sure what is possible, or what could be improved. At the moment I am just manually downloading the KMUD talks from the forum and dropping them into a Sony Vegas template I have of Peat and changing the text for the specific show. Other than lengthy render times I'm not sure what we could do. Any thoughts?

@GAF Thanks for subscribing!

Dan W

I was thinking I could automatically generate the videos, but I guess getting them transferred to you would eliminate most of the time savings. But maybe this service would help so that you can go from MP3 to youtube in one step instead of two: TunesToTube.com

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Biggest update so far yet! I have uploaded something like 5-6 of the full interviews and released clips from the Hair Loss and Osteoporosis KMUD talk a few years ago, which has some interesting segments. Will continually be adding to the channel when I have chance.

@Dan Wich Thank you for that link. That website could save a lot of time if it works how I think it will. I'll check it out when I upload some more of the full interviews. :)

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Just a new update. Uploaded clips from the quite recent KMUD episode, The metabolism of cancer, where Peat talks about some very interesting things, as well as complex things. I did my best cutting clips on aspects I am not quite sure about yet, so hopefully I haven't missed anything!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals