Your Weight , Grams Of Total Carbs And Total Daily Cals

OP
L

lazz

as far as I know , Markus juiced at the beginning of his career ,early 90"s......hes been natural for over 15 years but then again I don't live with the guy 24/7 so I can confirm he is 100% natural.. :mrgreen: ..Hey man if u think 3DMJ are the way to go and train go with that , the choice is yours...im just telling you what I am doing and what its working for me.. if u think working out daily for an hr with multiple sets and reps might work for you better..go ahead an give it a try. I wont..lol

superhuman

Im not saying its better, i just want to discuss the matter since ive read into it many times and tried it as well. If its that good or almost as good, all the people or alot of people would use it and get great results. I have not seen one person at a high level that does it, or has gotten a good looking body from it. You are an exeption but maybe you built yours from another training and just are maintaing now with this method :)

OP
L

lazz

hahaha , I hear ya..im not arguing neither, bud...even when I was on juice I was never a "high volume" kinda guy..morel like "moderate volume" ....I never trained 2 days in a row even back then..I've always had very clear that rest , and nutrition were key to growth...I stimulate I don't annihilate !! biattchh!! :mrgreen:

Peata

What about someone who can't go to a gym and doesn't have home equipment, what do you suggest to get started? I like the idea of using my body weight for the weights, such as pushups. I can do about 20. Your post is inspiring. I like the idea of getting a lot out of a short amount of time working out. I need to get started though.

OP
L

lazz

thanks Peata,

if you cant make it to the gym , and since youre using your body weight id recommend full body workouts 1 set to failure of the following:

push ups 1 set all out until u cant complete another push up ..catch your breath (2-3 minutes later)
1 set of dips all out to failure again , make sure u don't hold back until u fail . (rest for 2 minutes) and
1 set all out of pull ups (2-3 minutes rest to catch your breath) then buy yourself a pair of dumbells 30-35 pounds

1 set of biceps curls to failure
1 set of overhead triceps extension to failure
1 set of squats holding the dumbells to your sides
1 set of sit ups..

and youre done.

you can do this Mondays -thrusdays -sundays then following week will fall Wednesdays -Saturdays -Mondays..u get it ??? or any days u wish but make sure you leave 2 days off in between workouts to rest ,recuperate.

OP
L

lazz

for those of u that rather do cardio and not lifting ,id recommend doing sprits instead of long ,boring sessions on the treadmills.

sometime I do them outside , run hard for 60 yard and walk back ..then run hard for 60 yards and walk back..10 spritns, or u can jump on elleptical or stationary bike...

here how u do it:
lets say u gonna use the stationary bike..u pedal for 3 minutes to warm up then for 40 sec easy level and for the last 20 sec of each minute u go all out, sprint hard then chill for 40 sec then hard for 20 sec and so on until you reach 10-12 sprints...it should take 15-20 minutes to complete and youre done...google HIIT intervals cardio ..

OP
L

lazz

have u seen 100 meter dash sprinters how cut and muscular they are??? now look at marathoners , long distance runners all skinny ,no muscle mass, pale as hell , unhealthy looking..

again key to get the job done in the least amount of time possible, the less stress on our bodies the better...and this why I don't dig long workouts nor long distance cardio protocols....short ,quick and intense is the way to go , go home refuel with nutriticious carbs ,protein ,fat,rest for a few days and repeat...the rest, is a huge part of this equation..but then again this is my opinion,..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Agree with lazz about HIIT type sprints. Its the way to go if you are gonna go that way. Along with his one set workout and then recovering Peaty style, you are all set. :mrgreen:

tara

lazz said:
for those of u that rather do cardio and not lifting ,id recommend doing sprits instead of long ,boring sessions on the treadmills.
But warm up first/build up to it. :) This looked like a good idea to me a year and a half ago. I damaged my achilles tendons on short sprints (running, not cycling) , and one of them will probably never fully recover. :( I guess this may be more of an issue for those of us who test sluggish on the achilles tendon reflex test (classic hypothyroid symptom). I also gather injury from this method is not unusual.

loess

Peata, I don't really prefer to go to or paying for a gym (though I have nothing against it, and there can certainly be advantages to weight machines/bench press equipment when targeting specific muscle groups). But I would rather get outside in the sunshine and monkey around, to be honest. I like to go to a school or a park with a playground. You can do a lot of fun bodyweight things on playgrounds...chin-ups, dips, pull-ups, practice handstands and cartwheels on the grass, squats, push-ups, hopping up onto and back down off of platforms/picnic benches...really there are endless ideas. I usually go and mix it up for a half-hour or so, sometimes play basketball a little bit if there's a hoop. There are a lot of bodyweight/resistance training ideas out there on YouTube. Of course some of them teach poor form that can lead to injury so you have to be careful, but for instance I like this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheF0rtress

I also have a set of resistance bands but I don't use them very often. I think once I get strong enough so that it's no longer as much of a challenge to lift my own bodyweight I will probably incorporate them more.

honeybee

hiit did nothing for me. I did sprints for an entire summer and nada. That's me tho.
Peata -Pinterest has a ton of free workouts with weights or a ball or just body weight.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
HIIT crashed my metabolism. True story.

dukez07

I was another one who failed miserably with HIIT. What a load of garbage. By the way Mercola was speaking, I was expecting real impressive spikes in testosterone. I was convinced it was a more intelligent way to exercise, instead of running long distances. All it did was wipe my body out completely for days that followed each session. A truly horrible experience!

loess

Same here. HIIT sessions would give me a big endorphin/dopamine rush, which felt temporarily awesome, but ultimately that approach completely wreaked havoc on me. Didn't help that I was experimenting with low-carb/paleo diet, undersleeping due to insomnia, and generally overtraining without realizing it.

jyb

I was probably hypo from birth so something bad was bound to happen. It just happened that things started to precipitate after this: daily jogging (on empty stomach) + low carb diet of soy milk, salad and pufa's + sunlight avoidance ----> insomnia in my early twenties, followed by various diets including a special high pufa diet of my own. Haha. The jogging would "energize" me, probably some endorphin/dopamine which would feel nice for a few hours but would leave me incapable of falling asleep.

max219

I've maintained 145 pounds at 5'5 for the last 7 months. I eat 3,000-4,000 calories a day (average 3,500). I have about 20-30 grams of fat, 100-150 grams of protein, the rest carbs (mostly sugar, occasionally some white rice/wheat). I lift 1-2 times a week, mostly legs and only upper body if I feel like it. I do mostly calisthenics daily for upper body.

Peata

lazz said:
thanks Peata,

if you cant make it to the gym , and since youre using your body weight id recommend full body workouts 1 set to failure of the following:

push ups 1 set all out until u cant complete another push up ..catch your breath (2-3 minutes later)
1 set of dips all out to failure again , make sure u don't hold back until u fail . (rest for 2 minutes) and
1 set all out of pull ups (2-3 minutes rest to catch your breath) then buy yourself a pair of dumbells 30-35 pounds

1 set of biceps curls to failure
1 set of overhead triceps extension to failure
1 set of squats holding the dumbells to your sides
1 set of sit ups..

and youre done.

you can do this Mondays -thrusdays -sundays then following week will fall Wednesdays -Saturdays -Mondays..u get it ??? or any days u wish but make sure you leave 2 days off in between workouts to rest ,recuperate.

Thanks again for the response. I started doing this routine you gave me, well close to it. I have a dumbell I thought was 20# (felt like it) but it's only 10#. I will use it for now until I build up to be able to use a heavier one. I wish I had a bar to do pull ups. I've always felt like that would be great for me. Maybe I'll install something in one of my doors. Anyway, thanks again for giving me this routine. It's perfect for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom