Your Weight , Grams Of Total Carbs And Total Daily Cals

Filip1993

Haha yeah, my mistake. The only effect I get from increasing protein any further is diminished mood and energy. Dunno why.

Mittir

Filip1993 said:
Haha yeah, my mistake. The only effect I get from increasing protein any further is diminished mood and energy. Dunno why.

RP has mentioned that for hypothyroid people 80-100 grams of protein is enough
as excess tryptophan can increase serotonin. You can try increasing protein intake
by adding extra gelatine if it does not cause digestive problems.

superhuman

you do mike mentzer philosophy of 1 set to failure on everything but you train push,pull, legs every week so 3 workouts a week or ? Mike mentzer wanted to train less and less often and remember they took insane amount of drugs so you did not have to train as often.

Im doing shorter but more frequent workouts with 2 sets only 4-8 rep range, and its working good for me

Filip1993

Mittir said:
Filip1993 said:

as excess tryptophan can increase serotonin. You can try increasing protein intake

Thanks Mittir. Yeah, I'm gonna try increasing gelatin intake. It seems to digest pretty good.

superhuman

for people doing weight training and are more "athletes" RP said 120-150 grams of protein is enough/recommended

lazz said:
Charlie said:
I agree with short, heavy workouts if thats what you want to do. Make you strong and big. :mrgreen:
yup. this is an example of what I do: push day . legsdays , pull days ..for example so guys have an idea.

Monday or day 1 ..push day
warm up properly then

1 set of peck deck pre-exaust superset with incline smith machine presses 1 set to failure 7-10 reps (total failure_
1 set of dips to failure
shoulder press - 1 set of 8 -10 reps to failure..
1 set of any triceps exercise to failure 8-10 reps

DONE!!! 18 MINUTES IM OUT...once u can move that weight for more than 10 reps it's time to add more weight to keep failing at 8 reps...u feel me??..same with legs and pull days

then the next workout is 3 -4 days later.,,,,u need to rest and eat to recuperate well and grow..

WOAH that looks like what I do! My friend thinks I'm just dicking around because he does what the trainer told him and has 3+ hour days. I tell him I do it for fun, sometimes I do 8-6-4 or 9-5-3 sets like I'm Pudzianowski or something :mrgreen: my friend is gonna wreck himself.

How the hell do you get 200 grams of protein? And watch out man you will make peating go VIRAL :mrgreen:

OP
L

lazz

Mittir said:
Filip1993 said:

yeah , I hear you but sometimes u cant follow everything as it's written and need experiment a bit ..I agree with what you said here...in my case I use 80% of my protein comes from dairy ,and when I do eat meat (gelatin cuts) I add bcaa to it to keep serotin levels in check...90 g might be enough for a regular joe but im looking to keep and gain some new muscle as well too while living a healthy life

OP
L

lazz

Such_Saturation said:
lazz said:
Charlie said:
I agree with short, heavy workouts if thats what you want to do. Make you strong and big. :mrgreen:
yup. this is an example of what I do: push day . legsdays , pull days ..for example so guys have an idea.

Monday or day 1 ..push day
warm up properly then

1 set of peck deck pre-exaust superset with incline smith machine presses 1 set to failure 7-10 reps (total failure_
1 set of dips to failure
shoulder press - 1 set of 8 -10 reps to failure..
1 set of any triceps exercise to failure 8-10 reps

DONE!!! 18 MINUTES IM OUT...once u can move that weight for more than 10 reps it's time to add more weight to keep failing at 8 reps...u feel me??..same with legs and pull days

then the next workout is 3 -4 days later.,,,,u need to rest and eat to recuperate well and grow..

WOAH that looks like what I do! My friend thinks I'm just dicking around because he does what the trainer told him and has 3+ hour days. I tell him I do it for fun, sometimes I do 8-6-4 or 9-5-3 sets like I'm Pudzianowski or something :mrgreen: my friend is gonna wreck himself.

How the hell do you get 200 grams of protein? And watch out man you will make peating go VIRAL :mrgreen:

more it is NOT better...the intensity that you put in just that 1 set is all u need to trigger growth ...you only get one chance and u don't have to hold back for sets to come since 1 set per bodypart or muscle group is all youre doing... your friend is trashing his testosterone levels by working out for hrs day after day plus the fact the stress he's putting in his body doesn't do him any good..adrenal fatigue, central nervous system trashed, cortisol off the roof since he doesn't give time to recover properly by stressing it time after time after time.....Short intense workouts are the way to go in my opinion...

OP
L

lazz

superhuman said:
you do mike mentzer philosophy of 1 set to failure on everything but you train push,pull, legs every week so 3 workouts a week or ? Mike mentzer wanted to train less and less often and remember they took insane amount of drugs so you did not have to train as often.

Im doing shorter but more frequent workouts with 2 sets only 4-8 rep range, and its working good for me

no no , maybe I didn't explain my self properly..here is my split.

day 1 I(lets say Monday) pUSH DAY( CHEST ,SHOULDER ,TRICEPS)

REST 3-4 DAYS
DAY 5 legs

REST
DAY 9 PULL DAY ( BACK ,BICEP)

DAY 13 REPEAT PUSH DAY and so on

I TRAIN hard once every 4-5 days

The key here is to take that 1 sets to absolute positive failure . the go home eat and rest and come back rested and stronger plus the fact that I only spend 18-20 mins in the gym per session ...the less stress on the body the best hormonally u gonna feel ....

OP
L

lazz

I also believe 4 reps are not enough for muscle growth since not enough time the muscle is under tension..don't take me wrong 4 reps or less have a place in bodybuilding but I think they are done more for STRENGHT than actually GROWTH..6-10 to me is the ideal rep range for GROWTH.. anything over 10 will be for endurance..and I want nothing to do with indurance...lol..I just want to be in the gym as little time as possible , just do the necessary to trigger growth and go home eat ,rest...simple....

OP
L

lazz

oh and how do I get 200g of protein daily is easy. I eat 5-6 meals daily , one meal every 3 hrs

I have a huge appetite

2 quarts of milk has 64 g
4 oz of shank daily has 36 g ( this isn't eaten daily , I substitute it with oyster one day , calamaris the next)
1 pound of CALABROS no preservative natural Ricotta cheese has 57 g
2 egg daily around 10g of protein
and whatever I got left to get to 200g I use Great lakes , and I don't count 2 -3servings of BCAA daily. :mrgreen: .my body is a machine...im hungry all the time which is great sign.. :P

OP
L

lazz

One more thing guys ,I'm not saying do what I do but this definitely works for me. I wanna live a healthy life - Peat style :) but I've been a bodybuilder all my life and it's something I need to do, not for the physical aspect, ego narcissist (spell check) crap I am over those days , I just love to get under some heavy **** weight and lift while listening to some heavy **** metal such as SLAYER, SEPULTURA , PANTERA etc....lol

OP
L

lazz

Such_Saturation said:
Have you ever tried static contractions? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sisco6.htm

Seems really nice but I had found a paper claiming ROS production.

I have , in the past but remember ..the less stress I can put on my body the better...my goal is to get results by doing the less [possible...overtraining messes with all your hormones ,hpta ,etc...

superhuman

i agree with you lazz like the less you can do the better in terms of getting results. Thats why i like Martin Berkhan as an example since he does very little work for himself and his clients but produces great results.

Then you have Eric Helms and the people at 3DMJ that produces even greater athletes that are just sick, and they say volume is the key to growth. Of course enough volume, so that will be 30-90 reps for a muscle group each week.

Regarding Mike Mentzer and the guys promoting that type of trianing and the one you are doing. I have never seen anyone with good results doing it that does not do alot of drugs.

How is your body temperature and pulse btw since adpopting peat? lovely that you can eat so much, train so little and get lean. I want to get down to 5-8% bodyfat range and im soon there.

north

Lazz do u do compounds? Deadlift and squat?
Do you do those just one set too?
I remember looking at mentzer 1 year ago but I had very good results with reverse pyramid, but I think I'll cut volume down as well to more like 20mins. Now I do everything in about 35-40.
Oh also, do you rest in between or no?

So if I got it correctly you do about 4-5 set total per workout?
1set per exercise and all set to fail right?

No results? Look here, six sets starting at THREE reps, then with the handles ten reps per set but never does more than nine. That's "to failure"!

[BBvideo 560,340:x47w8hbd]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZc6J89b1-E[/BBvideo]

superhuman

he is juiced up as f**** steroids all over the place. And he does WAAY more then 1 set training and waay more frequent, they workout everyday sometimes 2 times a day

OP
L

lazz

superhuman said:
i agree with you lazz like the less you can do the better in terms of getting results. Thats why i like Martin Berkhan as an example since he does very little work for himself and his clients but produces great results.

Then you have Eric Helms and the people at 3DMJ that produces even greater athletes that are just sick, and they say volume is the key to growth. Of course enough volume, so that will be 30-90 reps for a muscle group each week.

Regarding Mike Mentzer and the guys promoting that type of trianing and the one you are doing. I have never seen anyone with good results doing it that does not do alot of drugs.

How is your body temperature and pulse btw since adpopting peat? lovely that you can eat so much, train so little and get lean. I want to get down to 5-8% bodyfat range and im soon there.

hey bud . ,

don't get me started on 3DMJ fools and their contest diet under 20g of fat which I know at least 3 guys they ****88 hormonally for awhile...you haven't seen anybody on Mentzer therories??? what about my bud Markus Reinhardt...a natural Musclemania competitor that I knw very well , who always preached to me this type of training and I wasn't a believer....you saying u needs tons of drugs to actually see results on HIT doesn make any sense , it's all the contrary..guys on volume are the ones on drugs , since roids help u recover wayyyy faster they can get away with lots of sets and training daily..Naturals need less sets ,more time to recuparte so I don't get your comment at all....but then again to each their own ...do what works for you

superhuman

Markus Reinhardt is also juiced isnt he?
I really think its a great protocol in theory, its just that i have not seen anyone do it sucessfully with great results. 3DMJ dont have all their cleints under 20g of fat they just reduce fat for the ones that can manage it.

Back
Top Bottom