Your Textbooks Are Wrong, This Is What Cells Actually Look Like

koreus

Interesting video about new cell imaging techniques. I wonder if they will finally validate some of
Gilbert Ling's work.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Interesting video about new cell imaging techniques. I wonder if they will finally validate some of
Gilbert Ling's work.

Thanks, good video. The visualizations at the beginning reminded me of Heraclitus' "eternal fire" descriptions as the source of life.
Ling's work is being confirmed all the time, we just never hear his name mentioned, because it would be akin to admitting cell structure ideas taught in school for more than 100 years are little more than primitive myths. Here is one of the more recent confirmation's of Ling's ideas on cell structure and how its phase separation changes in diseases such as cancer.
https://knowablemagazine.org/article/living-world/2020/what-is-liquid-liquid-phase-separation

Ben.

Wow thanks for sharing this. Just makes it even more obvious to me how little we actually know even in this age.

Offtopic - Youtube comments can be realy funny ... that one had me chuckle:

"Cells are working together to find a way for themselves to see themselves."

is that a new level of narcissism? ... "I don't have cancer! that is just poor lighting - the camera man sucks obviously"

or that one is good too, was thinking the same thing when that moment in the video happened:

"This doesn't damage cells" *puts protection glasses on

salotz

Yet another lesson in how middle man biologists (particularly, but all fields have them) who are *experts* in the text book (and the swamp of papers) are going to keep getting mogged by engineers building machines to observe things. Its the same cycle over and over again if you look at it in history. Even in the video they say it "I've been studying this for 10 years and this is foreign to me". What kind of expert are you if you go ten years studying something and some dude in another field can obsolete you? Most biologists are losers who couldn't pass calculus and it shows.

salotz

"This doesn't damage cells" *puts protection glasses on

When you build a laser table like that your source beams might be dangerous but they'll be filtered and reduced and so on by the time they hit the sample. Also when working in labs its pretty standard to be wearing the safety gear even if its not actually dangerous as a matter of principle and avoid laziness when it does matter.

Ben.

When you build a laser table like that your source beams might be dangerous but they'll be filtered and reduced and so on by the time they hit the sample. Also when working in labs its pretty standard to be wearing the safety gear even if its not actually dangerous as a matter of principle and avoid laziness when it does matter.

Yeah. I thought as much already that there is a valid reason to have them on. It still came across kind of mistimed in the video. For me it was funny.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals