Your Suggestions For Better Nails

jzeno

For context, my nails are much stronger now since I've been enjoying unlimited amounts of OJ, cheese, sourdough bread, coffee, and small amounts of eggs with sparse muscle meat protein (fish, beef). However, I still suffer from somewhat soft nails and they have fine lines or ridges from the base of the nail bed to the tip of the nail. No one can tell but me, but before I started the above changes my nails were very soft and with the changes I've made they've become harder, which I like, which leads me to believe I can continue to get some progress and the result should have positive impact both on nails and other places (maybe hair, teeth, skin, etc.)

This thread discusses one user's success with glycine: Nails And Glycine

But when I've taken glycine in the past, I've had issues with insomnia, like this person describes:

Apparently glycine is used for sleep issues in some places and in some people but it had the very opposite effect on me. Now that my diet has changed, I might have better results because I eat a ton of carbs in the form of OJ and that might change how my body responds to the glycine. I might give it another shot.

Food list high in glycine: Food Composition Databases Show Nutrients List

Do you have anything that has worked to help you produce stronger, beautiful nails?

Thanks in advance.

Stilgar

Working on my gut health has helped mine the most. More fats, less foods that irritate my digestion and generally my diet is similar to yours - coffee, eggs, cheese, sourdough and butter, coconut oil etc.

I used to chew my nails a lot from gut stress.

baccheion

Minerals. Calcium, magnesium, silicon/monomethylsilanetriol, MSM, etc. Fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin A.

OP
jzeno

jzeno

Minerals. Calcium, magnesium, silicon/monomethylsilanetriol, MSM, etc. Fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin A.
And how do you get those minerals?

I eat liver for Vit. A.

JamesGatz

Something interesting that happened to me:

I've been letting my nails grow more before trimming them - I don't keep them absurdly long but they are on the longer side - now what happened when I did this is my nails got a lot stronger/healthier - really thick, shiny, and clean - my nails aren't as long as this pic but my nails consistency and thickness is about the same as this example:

Also - the crescents/half moons on my nails completely disappeared when I let them grow

F7DBF5F4-32B6-45AB-B179-D66FE046EE54.jpeg

Now occasionally one of my nails end up breaking - when that happens it immediately loses all thickness and shine and ends up looking brittle

LadyRae

Stir a scoop of hydrolyzed gelatin into your food daily. I buy a tub of grass fed beef gelatin off Amazon for about $35. Now, you can stir it into ground meat before you make patties or whatever, make homemade jello with you juice of choice, use it in pie fillings, the possibilities are endless ... I also take biotin daily and Biosil drops.

I'm 44 and my nails are long and rock hard? Blue today for Independence!

Attachments

• IMG_20220704_055145391_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220704_055145391_HDR.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 19

Lollipop2

Increased beef and milk made my nails stronger over the last years. Before 14 years ago, I had been a vegetarian for 17 years and my nails were awful.

Vileplume

Working on my gut health has helped mine the most. More fats, less foods that irritate my digestion and generally my diet is similar to yours - coffee, eggs, cheese, sourdough and butter, coconut oil etc.

I used to chew my nails a lot from gut stress.
Hey Stilgar. Do you still consume high fat from sources like cream? I find that most carb sources wreck my gut, but whole goat milk seems easy to digest. I would love to consume mostly that, but then I’d be over 50% cals from fat.

Stilgar

Hey Stilgar. Do you still consume high fat from sources like cream? I find that most carb sources wreck my gut, but whole goat milk seems easy to digest. I would love to consume mostly that, but then I’d be over 50% cals from fat.

I do still consume quite a bit of saturated fat as cream, ghee, butter, olive oil and coconut oil, and it does help my digestion to an extent, but I don’t tend to go higher than probably 30% of my calories. There’s a sweet spot and I definitely don’t eat copious amounts, just some with every meal. Hot meals and gelatinous broth help my digestion the most when it’s really bad, if that helps at all.

Vileplume

I do still consume quite a bit of saturated fat as cream, ghee, butter, olive oil and coconut oil, and it does help my digestion to an extent, but I don’t tend to go higher than probably 30% of my calories. There’s a sweet spot and I definitely don’t eat copious amounts, just some with every meal. Hot meals and gelatinous broth help my digestion the most when it’s really bad, if that helps at all.
Thanks for your reply.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals