Your Personal Experience With Raw Carrots

Amazoniac

The confounding factor is that - just like with endotoxins - fatty acids enhance the absorption of certain compounds like LPS or carotenes. However, since MCTs go straight to the liver, it probably carries those compounds along with it but at the same time being hard to rule out since most studies are done using blood or measuring what is passed/excreted..

DaveFoster

Amazoniac said:
post 105646 It should not be a concern because MCTs don't enhance b-carotene absorption like other fatty acids do. Which is just one more reason why they work in synergy..

Edit: it probably ties back to what I've already wrote about MCTs not stimulating the formation of chylomicrons, a type of lipoprotein.
Very interesting information Amazoniac, thank you. I'm doing well on 2 carrots per day; 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

On another note, carrots appear as the only tuber that possesses a delicious flavor in its raw state, and indeed the only starch to fit such a description.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

DaveFoster said:
post 114315 On another note, carrots appear as the only tuber that possesses a delicious flavor in its raw state, and indeed the only starch to fit such a description.
I don't think there's much starch in carrots. (Some people like radishes and turnips, too - some of them don't have much starch either. :).

DaveFoster

tara said:
post 114387
DaveFoster said:
post 114315 On another note, carrots appear as the only tuber that possesses a delicious flavor in its raw state, and indeed the only starch to fit such a description.
I don't think there's much starch in carrots. (Some people like radishes and turnips, too - some of them don't have much starch either. :).
Good point; radishes are delicious. Just another reason why sugar seems to be biologically preferable to starch.

AmishMechanic

I eat 3g of raw carrot in the afternoon. Sometimes I will add them to my dinner. I eat organic whole carrots. I bite the ends off and give the ends to my dogs. I have been "prescribing" feeding carrots to my canine and equine patients for years with good results (decreased allergies, decreased foul poo oder, healthy weight loss). They make a great treat for dogs especially if frozen and given on a hot Florida afternoon.

I personally have noticed that my bowel function is more consistent and my belly bloat is gone on the days that I remember to eat my carrots.

Velve921

Raw carrot definitely increases elimination within minutes after consumption and relieves brain fog.
Boiled mushrooms raise my temperature and pulse instantly.
Bamboo shoots alleviate my body odor.
Coffee has been the best overall food for digestive health, temperature, pulse, and well being for me.

However, I use all 4 to improve overall health...
Carrot 5x a week
mushrooms 5x a week.
Coffee daily.
Bamboo shoots couple days a month.

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

How do you @damngoodcoffee @AmishMechanic and @Ewlevy1 consume your carrots? Do you peel them vertically, clean them from their color, and mix in some type of oil with salt? I tried that and I have no success so far. But when I eat them raw and chew them, I get overall better results..

AmishMechanic

How do you @damngoodcoffee @AmishMechanic and @Ewlevy1 consume your carrots? Do you peel them vertically, clean them from their color, and mix in some type of oil with salt? I tried that and I have no success so far. But when I eat them raw and chew them, I get overall better results..
Mostly I just wash them and eat them whole as they are. Sometimes I peel them into big strips, sprinkle some lime juice and salt on them and eat them like a salad that way.

I find that they sometimes give me headaches. I think the carrot scraping the intestinal wall creates serotonin that causes a headache.

Velve921

Scrape the skin then eat whole; however, I have found that by chewing as much as possible creating more surface area has been helpful.

I have been bringing up boiled mushrooms a lot on the forum as I was amazed at how much it elevated my temperatures. Not sure how you feel about mushrooms but it could be a thought to consider.

DaveFoster

I used to think, "What good will a carrot do?"

I recently added them back in to lower estrogen, and I've been pleasantly surprised.

They're at least as effective as Vitamin E if not more.

baggywrinkle

I grate mine to get far greater intestinal contact it took some experiments with different graters the best being one that is kind of square at a mm or two then I grate them in the vertical so they are long then drizzle with coconut and add either lemon or-orange peal or balsamic vinegar and eat first thing which is followed by bowl movement
Getting them out of garden fresh is great, I lightly scrub with veggie brush
Sometimes for lunch I do the same but add beat root

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

I have been bringing up boiled mushrooms a lot on the forum as I was amazed at how much it elevated my temperatures. Not sure how you feel about mushrooms but it could be a thought to consider.
I've been eating canned ready to eat mushrooms with positive results so far. They are good for controlling water retention after starch consumption.

Today i am going to try scrapping the outer skin of carrots and eating them as a whole and report back.

Amazoniac

Lords,
Regarding surface area, this is great alternative that I've found:
Peat's Most Highly Recommended Carrot Prep

However I should note that what I wrote was inaccurate because I don't think that you can peel as thin as what's possible with other peelers. So, the ones used to peel potatoes are indeed a better option.

Last edited:

bodacious

I eat raw carrots and have some baking soda in order to neutralize the stomach acid so carrots go to the intestines without being exposed to too much stomach acid. I think it works better this way.

How much baking soda do you take? I read that it causes diarrhoea if you consume too much at once.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals