Your Own Health And Fitness, 11/12/1996: Thyroid/Progesterone and Diet

Dan W

Someone pointed out that these interviews were probably intended to be accessed through a "library card" that helps fund the radio program. So consider purchasing one to support a worthy site!

Attachments

• yohaf-961112-thyroid-progesterone-and-diet.mp3
    9.9 MB · Views: 350
P

Peatness

I’ve transcribed the relevant section of the interview – not exactly verbatim but very close.

Pregnenolone turns into either progesterone or DHEA and DHEA happens to be close to testosterone and estrogen it’s in the sex hormone pathway. Progesterone happens to be in the adrenal pathway. It’s a powerful protection against all of the adrenal hormones. You don’t even need your adrenal glands. Hans Selye demonstrated that you can remove the adrenal hormones and the animal is happy and lives its full lifespan if given progesterone. So progesterone is necessary to make the adrenal hormones but it’s the basic protection against an excess of them. So these two pathways are both kept supplied by Pregnenolone.

I knew a middle age man who was taking dhea his liver was expanding so larger I had to get his estrogen measured and his estrogen was high for a young woman. A few days after he stopped the DHEA is estrogen was down to normal but his now a year late his liver is still like a water melon. In rat studies DHEA is highly carcinogenic to the liver. It stimulates first enlargement of the liver and sometimes shrinkage of the thymus because of its over flow into the thymolytic sex hormones estrogen and testosterone. But it is chronically a great risk for liver cancer

If you have adequate cholesterol, I think of people being lucky if they have cholesterol of about 250, because all they have to do is take thyroid until they a have brought their cholesterol down to about 170 or so. At that point the abundance of cholesterol is a great benefit because it makes them able to produce Pregnenolone, progesterone, and dhea.

Last edited by a moderator: