Your incandescent light experience?

FitnessMike

JamesGatz

It's awesome - definitely my favorite lighting - lowers stress, boosts androgens, and does a lot to reverse EMF and blue-light damage

A funny story - on the rare occassions I use my phone for a few minutes and put my hand over the light after - I get a tingly sensation on my hand only or at whatever specific spot held the phone - it feels like my hand just immediately heals from the damage in front of me

I like the accent ones that are moreso targeted beams with the glass cover - during the winter it's great but during the summer it can definitely get too hot

lightbulb2.PNG

I've tried the regular bulb ones below as well like this but I don't really like them - they usually have a coating on top of the glass to make it heat-resistant I think - I can smell a very subtle scent of the coating melting whenever I had used it that feels neurotoxic - for some reason they don't tend to put the same coating on the accent incandescent bulbs - they're still better than nothing though

firstlightbulb.PNG

aniciete

I use the same setup as Danny Roddy and it works great, especially if you live at a northern latitude during winter.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I use the same setup as Danny Roddy and it works great, especially if you live at a northern latitude during winter.
have you got source to his setup?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

It's awesome - definitely my favorite lighting - lowers stress, boosts androgens, and does a lot to reverse EMF and blue-light damage

A funny story - on the rare occassions I use my phone for a few minutes and put my hand over the light after - I get a tingly sensation on my hand only or at whatever specific spot held the phone - it feels like my hand just immediately heals from the damage in front of me

I like the accent ones that are moreso targeted beams with the glass cover - during the winter it's great but during the summer it can definitely get too hot

View attachment 33105

I've tried the regular bulb ones below as well like this but I don't really like them - they usually have a coating on top of the glass to make it heat-resistant I think - I can smell a very subtle scent of the coating melting whenever I had used it that feels neurotoxic - for some reason they don't tend to put the same coating on the accent incandescent bulbs - they're still better than nothing though

View attachment 33106
That's great, I wonder how beneficial it is compared to the isolated red lights devices, i also wonder if incandescent are closest to resembling sunlight ;>

aniciete

That's great, I wonder how beneficial it is compared to the isolated red lights devices, i also wonder if incandescent are closest to resembling sunlight ;>
Peat favors it over red light because it’s full spectrum and you can use it as long as you want.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Peat favors it over red light because it’s full spectrum and you can use it as long as you want.
do you feel any benefits from it?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Definitely. I like using it first thing in the morning to stimulate my metabolism and on sore muscles to help with recovery.
thanks, thats great :)

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I wonder if anyone in the UK found a good setup for the lamp?

miquelangeles

My experience with incandescent light is very profound.

I first started using a single 300W clear glass incandescent bulb in March 2021. I was doing full body exposure at close distance (1 ft), for 30-60 minutes in the morning after showering. I had no idea how powerful light alone was because at that time I had started taking K, B1, B2, CoQ10 and pycnogenol and I attributed some of the effects to these. It had such a strong antidepressant effect and it gave me so much energy that I started running in the mornings. Friends were envying me asking what my secret was for looking so youthful and energetic. I had been repeatedly suspected and accused of having an affair for the same reason. Also, I was waking up fully refreshed after only 4-5 hours of sleep.

Then in May of 2021 as the summer was approaching and I had no plans of getting the clot shot (so no prospects for vacationing abroad) I rented an apartment by the sea and stopped using the incandescent light. Completely forgot about it until November 2021 when I started using it again in the mornings.

To my surprise, the effects were immediate, on the same day. It was a gloomy rainy day and I was feeling ecstatically happy and full of energy when walking in the street.

I stopped using it at the end of December because I got covid and I used a Philips medical red light instead, on chest and back. I preferred to take a break from incandescent until I recovered, because I find it very stimulating.

Now I'm using a tripod stand and a ceramic 5-bulb holder for a total of 1000 watts (5 x 200w bulbs). Can go up to 1500 watts with 300w bulbs.

tripod.jpg
5b.jpg
200w.jpg

Things that I've noticed:

- much of the effects are from exposing the head to the light; even natural light can penetrate into the brain; there is also a thread on Longecity about transcranial photobiomodulation using red LEDs and some people say they only need 4 hours of sleep per night when doing it, which was my experience as well
- I don't seem to get extra benefits from using 5 bulbs totaling 1000 watts vs a single 300w bulb at close distance
- I get best results when using it for 45-60 minutes
- you have to be very well fed in order for it to work; enough protein, fat, carbohydrate, B vitamins and minerals; studies in male ducks showed a 16-fold increase in testicle size when they were exposed to red light every night, but only in ducks on a diet rich in protein, fat and carbohydrate; there was no effect in ducks on a standard grain diet
- I may be more prone to SAD and that's why I get so profound effects, but I'm sure anyone can experience the benefits
- I replaced all the bulbs in the home and workplace with incandescents; if you are worried about energy consumption you can achieve the same results with a lower wattage bulb, just use it on a multi-directional floor lamp and bring it closer to your work desk;

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I first started using a single 300W clear glass incandescent bulb in March 2021. I was doing full body exposure at close distance (1 ft), for 30-60 minutes in the morning after showering. I had no idea how powerful light alone was because at that time I had started taking K, B1, B2, CoQ10 and pycnogenol and I attributed some of the effects to these. It had such a strong antidepressant effect and it gave me so much energy that I started running in the mornings. Friends were envying me asking what my secret was for looking so youthful and energetic. I had been repeatedly suspected and accused of having an affair for the same reason. Also, I was waking up fully refreshed after only 4-5 hours of sleep.

Then in May of 2021 as the summer was approaching and I had no plans of getting the clot shot (so no prospects for vacationing abroad) I rented an apartment by the sea and stopped using the incandescent light. Completely forgot about it until November 2021 when I started using it again in the mornings.

To my surprise, the effects were immediate, on the same day. It was a gloomy rainy day and I was feeling ecstatically happy and full of energy when walking in the street.

I stopped using it at the end of December because I got covid and I used a Philips medical red light instead, on chest and back. I preferred to take a break from incandescent until I recovered, because I find it very stimulating.

Now I'm using a tripod stand and a ceramic 5-bulb holder for a total of 1000 watts (5 x 200w bulbs). Can go up to 1500 watts with 300w bulbs.

View attachment 33250View attachment 33251View attachment 33252

- much of the effects are from exposing the head to the light; even natural light can penetrate into the brain; there is also a thread on Longecity about transcranial photobiomodulation using red LEDs and some people say they only need 4 hours of sleep per night when doing it, which was my experience as well
- I don't seem to get extra benefits from using 5 bulbs totaling 1000 watts vs a single 300w bulb at close distance
- you have to be very well fed in order for it to work; enough protein, fat, carbohydrate, B vitamins and minerals; studies in male ducks showed a 16-fold increase in testicle size when they were exposed to red light every night, but only in ducks on a diet rich in protein, fat and carbohydrate; there was no effect in ducks on a standard grain diet
- I may be more prone to SAD and that's why I get so profound effects, but I'm sure anyone can experience the benefits
- I replaced all the bulbs in the home and workplace with incandescents; if you are worried about energy consumption you can achieve the same results with a lower wattage bulb, just use it on a multi-directional floor lamp and bring it closer to your work desk;
thanks for reply.

do you think this is good enough?

Philips BR125 IR 250W E27 230-250V Clear

golder

This tripod looks amazing. Can't seem to find one in the UK, do they have a specific name or can anyone help? Thanks! :)

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

wow, i think my pulse rose to 80 from a little bit of one 250w bulb, have to confirm this tomorrow morning thought.

I was suspecting more of a redish light hmmm, it looks like it emits mostly blue light, does not differ from typical bulbs at least from the way it shines.

But yes, it stimulates my pulse similarly to sunlight, if that will be the case in the next couple of days, ill get a propper stand and will be doing sessions every day :)

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

if anyone in the UK/Europe found a good stand for the incandescent bulb please share.

miquelangeles

if anyone in the UK/Europe found a good stand for the incandescent bulb please share.
I bought mine locally in store.
Any tripod light stand will work, they all look the same and plenty of options are available on amazon as well.
Just make sure it is metal/aluminum and it has a relatively wider base if you choose a >2meters one for increased stability, because the ceramic multi-bulb holder is a bit heavy.
A 2.5m one is better than a shorter one because you can also use it during the day to shine the light downwards diagonally on you mimicking the sun direction.
I would get a ceramic multi-bulb holder as well because you will get significantly more lumens and you can combine multiple types of bulbs.
For example you can add a 6500K cool white LED to fill up the blue spectrum along with the incandescent bulbs.
An incandescent bulb gives 14 lumens per watt.
The highest wattage for clear glass incandescent bulbs I've seen is 300w for the regular size (A21 pear shaped).
So you can get up to 20,000 lumens with 5 x 300w bulbs.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I bought mine locally in store.
Any tripod light stand will work, they all look the same and plenty of options are available on amazon as well.
Just make sure it is metal/aluminum and it has a relatively wider base if you choose a >2meters one for increased stability, because the ceramic multi-bulb holder is a bit heavy.
A 2.5m one is better than a shorter one because you can also use it during the day to shine the light downwards diagonally on you mimicking the sun direction.
I would get a ceramic multi-bulb holder as well because you will get significantly more lumens and you can combine multiple types of bulbs.
For example you can add a 6500K cool white LED to fill up the blue spectrum along with the incandescent bulbs.
An incandescent bulb gives 14 lumens per watt.
The highest wattage for clear glass incandescent bulbs I've seen is 300w for the regular size (A21 pear shaped).
So you can get up to 20,000 lumens with 5 x 300w bulbs.
I ordered one that you recommended from amazon basic, but where did you get a ceramic multi-bulb holder, please? I really like the incandescent 250w I bought, I think two would be perfect when want to expose most of my body for a while and have them next to my desk too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals