Your Glycine Experiences?

PolishSun

Wow. Taken divided or all at once? Empty stomach or with food.

divided in 2 in the evening (aroun 7pm and 22pm), mixed with some juice. Dinner at around 6.30. Basically I make one shaker, which I finish in 2 times.

magnesiumania

The gut lining?....I always heard l-glutamine is beneficial for the gut lining.
Both collagen and glutamine is fuel for cells that make up the gut lining. However glutamine may turn to glutamate and overexcite neurons. I dont tolerate any supplemental glutamine myself.

Dutchie

Both collagen and glutamine is fuel for cells that make up the gut lining. However glutamine may turn to glutamate and overexcite neurons. I dont tolerate any supplemental glutamine myself.

I thought collagen was also beneficial bc of the glutamine in it.
Never knew glycine could do the same. However I can't use glycine and collagen anymore,bc for some reason and to my frustration my body has decided to immediately trigger endogenous oxalate production from both.

PaRa

I thought collagen was also beneficial bc of the glutamine in it.
Never knew glycine could do the same. However I can't use glycine and collagen anymore,bc for some reason and to my frustration my body has decided to immediately trigger endogenous oxalate production from both.

Oxalate production from glycine can be a vitamin deficiency, B6 IIRC

Dutchie

Oxalate production from glycine can be a vitamin deficiency, B6 IIRC

Thanks,I know,but when tested it comes back ok. I do take a b-complex daily,which has quite some b6.
So,then the question remains what else....or why b6 barely makes a dent...

magnesiumania

What test, bloodtest is worthless. Transketolase can give you an idea about thiamine status. Does your bcomplex include b1 HCL?

PaRa

What do you eat other than the collagen ? No high oxalates foods ?
Sweet potatoes, nightshades (non peeled tomatoes and potatoes especially), whole wheat, buckwheat, spinach, figs, cocoa are examples of harsh foods

+ Consume dairies, milk is bae against oxalates

Dutchie

What do you eat other than the collagen ? No high oxalates foods ?
Sweet potatoes, nightshades (non peeled tomatoes and potatoes especially), whole wheat, buckwheat, spinach, figs, cocoa are examples of harsh foods

+ Consume dairies, milk is bae against oxalates

I stick to low ox.foods for a long time.
Currently experimenting with some goat cheese,but it's questionable whether it does me good. Milk is a no-no as is cow dairy in general.

Kingdomcome7

Adding glycine is one of the best things one could do for health. And with the right powder you should absolutely feel a calming effect with 1-3 grams.

Besides that it boosts your mood throughout the day, increases mental clarity and decreases water retention. At least that's my experience. I think it's a very powerful anti-cortisol/anti-serotonin substance, and it's natural and therefore safe.
Which glycine product do you use?

Been on Glycine supplementation for 3 days, so far i've noticed:
- more calm
- more mentally clear
- better sleep (slightly)
- better poops (slightly discolored, maybe body is excreting toxins better)

I'm hoping these effects are consistent & noticeable going forward.

magnesiumania

Ive started using glycine again for about one week. I dont react as strongly to it as i used to but it does improve my mood, stabilize my body (it seems more calm and stable) and help me learn and even keep my attetion up while trying to learn something....

magnesiumania

Do you want to use glycine as an antipsychotic alternative?
I would if i was going to use pharmadrugs. I was put on Zyprexa for 5 days after experiencing hallucinations etc but i realized that drug made me 70x worse so i quit pretty fast and think id ve alot better off having not taken it ever

youngsinatra

I would if i was going to use pharmadrugs. I was put on Zyprexa for 5 days after experiencing hallucinations etc but i realized that drug made me 70x worse so i quit pretty fast and think id ve alot better off having not taken it ever.
Oh ***t, hope you are doing better now!

Did you ever have psychotic episodes before? I was on edge to have full-blown psychosis this summer, so I feel with you.

Best wishes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals