Your Glycine Experiences?

Motif

Does it do anything for you?
If you still take it - what dose?

If you really feel an effect from taking it- how long did it take til you felt that ?

Edit: same questions for k2

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Second day. I don’t feel anything. I took 9 grams yesterday.

ebs

Adding glycine is one of the best things one could do for health. And with the right powder you should absolutely feel a calming effect with 1-3 grams.

Besides that it boosts your mood throughout the day, increases mental clarity and decreases water retention. At least that's my experience. I think it's a very powerful anti-cortisol/anti-serotonin substance, and it's natural and therefore safe.

Mossy

For me, 250mg-1000mg glycine, plus 1/2 that amount of accompanying proline, has greatly reduced cracked heals.

I’m still determining whether it helps with my digestion.

It can make me tired.

OP
M

Motif

For me, 250mg-1000mg glycine, plus 1/2 that amount of accompanying proline, has greatly reduced cracked heals.

I’m still determining whether it helps with my digestion.

It can make me tired.

dfspcc20

Related question- does glycine have a weird smell to you all? Almost like a faint, cheesy smell?
Or maybe I just got a bad batch.

Mossy

Related question- does glycine have a weird smell to you all? Almost like a faint, cheesy smell?
Or maybe I just got a bad batch.
I just sniffed inside my glycine capsules container and could hardly pick up a scent. If you want a bad smelling amino acid, try citrulline.

Does it do anything for you?
If you still take it - what dose?

If you really feel an effect from taking it- how long did it take til you felt that ?

Yes, 2 tablespoons of gelatin with 4 grams of glycine 2x per day. Gelatin used to make me sleepy but my body has adapted. Glycine used to cause flatulence but I now mix it with the gelatin in boiling water and it no longer does.

Glycine is undoubtedly one of the reasons my alcohol craving has disappeared. I used to drink 20 half litres of beer on Friday nights and no longer drink at all (except 2 at an occasional social gathering). Together with lithium and methylene blue, it keeps me happy and kind every single day (which is the opposite of what I was from my early teens until recently).

YourUniverse

I'm a big fan of glycine. In time, when settings and skills permit, I'd like to make oxtail or pigs feet daily. Until then I'll settle suboptimally for glycine supplementation.

magnesiumania

Ive had mixed resault from taking glycine. It sometimes make me tired and kind of dull. I reordered some. Who knows if Now foods is any good?

D

Deleted member 5487

Started taking it 10 days ago.
Much better than gelatin. The single ammino absorbs much easier than breaking gelatin

ubiety

One of the most effective supplements I've ever taken. 3 gm before bed gives me: reduced bloating/flatter stomach, smooths my cracked heels, some reduced wrinkles, morning wood.

magnesiumania

Ive felt rather wierd since i did 3 grams a few days ago. Maybe it helps restore more normal function tho. I had my brain messed up by antipsychotic drugs.

managing

Ive felt rather wierd since i did 3 grams a few days ago. Maybe it helps restore more normal function tho. I had my brain messed up by antipsychotic drugs.
Dr Peat has warned me that it can be fermented by some bacteria.

magnesiumania

Ahaaa explains it... i got real gassy from it. Im still a mess AGAIN after over a week. One teaspoon sent me in to depression and ive been there before :(

PolishSun

Helped a lot for my gut lining. I had all kinds of gut problems. 10 g per day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals