Your experiences with low dose t3?

FitnessMike

Sefton10

Tried 12.5mcg in divided doses during the day for 7-10 days and noticed a nice initial boost in temp. Didn't want to keep upping the dose as I think it needs really careful implementation and I didn't want to get to a point where I'm reliant on it. Might revisit it one day.

Nicole Carter

I’ve been taking 5mcg to boost my low free T3 because I’ve been struggling to lose weight (gained 10lbs after switching to peaty eating 2 years ago), no changes yet but I feel a bit warmer. Possibly lower energy.

LUH 3417

Ive been taking 6mcg t3 2-3 times a day depending on how I feel to see if it would help allergies. So far have had great success. Also is helping with regular BMs.

i also take a Quarter tab cynoplus (t3/t4) every few days. I dose it based on how I feel.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Well, tell us first what you'd consider a low dose
I tried various dosages of various thyroid meds, which caused accumulation in the serum to high levels, my body wasn't able to utilize it.

I now started taking 1mg of tyronene after breakfast and 1mg after lunch, hoping it will slowly accustom my body to use thyroid as opposed to stress as an energy source.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Bump

conrad0602

I tried various dosages of various thyroid meds, which caused accumulation in the serum to high levels, my body wasn't able to utilize it.

I now started taking 1mg of tyronene after breakfast and 1mg after lunch, hoping it will slowly accustom my body to use thyroid as opposed to stress as an energy source.
Its been a mixed bag for me. If I don't get the calories/nutrition down even 2mcg can cause a pretty unpleasant stress response. Similar to your experience. How's the 1mcg dosing going? What sort of dropper did you use for diluting the tyronene?

K

Kaur Singh

Look up Nemo and her experiences with microdosing.
As in .1 mcg.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Its been a mixed bag for me. If I don't get the calories/nutrition down even 2mcg can cause a pretty unpleasant stress response. Similar to your experience. How's the 1mcg dosing going? What sort of dropper did you use for diluting the tyronene?
I pour all the tyronene to other dropper and used syringe to put 1/8 of t3 and 7/8 of ethanol back to the tyronene dropper, i only started one drop after breakfast and one after lunch.

Cooper

Yeah i have two options.

Bitiron: 12.5mcg T3 with 50mcg T4

Or

Tiromel: 25mcg T3 only.

Which one sounds best guys?

Is 12.5mcg is too low of a dose for T3? I am trying to fix an androgenic related issue. Any experiences would be good to hear.

oxphoser

I’m currently taking 5 mcg T3 three times a day and it puts my temperature up into the 98s. Otherwise my maximum temperature only gets to 97.4 or so.

I’m also taking 50 mcg T4 and my TSH is 6.7. I know I need more T4 but I have heart problems and get heart pain when I try to increase the T4.

Birdie

I'm taking 180mg of Armour (T3/T4) before breakfast and 180mg midmorning. In the past I've taken 220 during the winter and 180 during the summer. I've been tired, so trying the higher dose. It's only been 3 days.

I've gotten out my mercury thermometer and should check my temps again.

I take about 6mcg of T3 four times a day.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

at least you guys are tolerating thyroid meds lol, I'm restarting with only 1 drop of tyromix now

teds

Forum Supporter
Hey
I’m currently taking 5 mcg T3 three times a day and it puts my temperature up into the 98s. Otherwise my maximum temperature only gets to 97.4 or so.

I’m also taking 50 mcg T4 and my TSH is 6.7. I know I need more T4 but I have heart problems and get heart pain when I try to increase the T4.
Hey @oxphoser juat wondering why you add the T4? I asked this question a while back but didn’t get any response on the forum. If you’re taking T3 why so you add the T4? Other than converting to T3 is there another use for t4? Thanks

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Hey

Hey @oxphoser juat wondering why you add the T4? I asked this question a while back but didn’t get any response on the forum. If you’re taking T3 why so you add the T4? Other than converting to T3 is there another use for t4? Thanks
Iv heard that some? A lot? Of the tissues rely on its own celular convertion of t4.

oxphoser

Hey

Hi teds:
From what I understand, T4 sits in the body and when needed the body converts it to T3 so it can be used. Different organs use it at different rates. Paul Robinson talks about this. You can take your whole dose of T4 at one time and the body uses it when needed.

T3 does not last so you can only take what the body can use for the next short time. I take 5 mcg of T3 at a time and it puts my temperature into the 98s for an hour or so. But as I said, I’m taking enough T4 to keep my temperature in the 97s. My TSH is still over 6. That means I need more thyroid. I’m hoping I will be able to solve this by taking more T4 but my heart reacts with pain to increase in thyroid so for the time being I’m holding back and supplementing with T3.

Dr Peat talks about a case where a woman took all of her T3 in the morning and started to get very hypothyroid by night time (cold feet, low temp etc). Basically your body cancels out the rest of the T3 it can’t use at that time. I was taking 25 mcg T3 at one time all at once and one of my liver enzymes started to rise because my liver was working overtime canceling all the excess T3. As soon as I dialed the T3 back to 5 mcg at a time, my liver enzyme went back to normal.

The problem for a lot of people is their body can’t convert T4 into T3 which is the form it can use. So they take a lot of T4 and still have hypothyroid symptoms. Doctors in the USA will usually only prescribe T4. They don’t acknowledge the problems people have with conversion.

So you have to experiment. Are you one of those lucky people who can take only T4 and have no hypothyroid symptoms, nice temperature in the 98s all day? Or do you have to introduce T3 with your T4?

AspiringSage

I currently take about 12.5mcg of T3 a day. I snap the 25mcg into ~1/4. I take ~6.25mcg when I wake up and the second 6.25mcg in the early afternoon. I usually take them sublingual as I suspect that it improves absorption.

I have experimented with doses as high as 25mcg daily in the same divided style.

teds

Forum Supporter
Hi teds:
From what I understand, T4 sits in the body and when needed the body converts it to T3 so it can be used. Different organs use it at different rates. Paul Robinson talks about this. You can take your whole dose of T4 at one time and the body uses it when needed.

T3 does not last so you can only take what the body can use for the next short time. I take 5 mcg of T3 at a time and it puts my temperature into the 98s for an hour or so. But as I said, I’m taking enough T4 to keep my temperature in the 97s. My TSH is still over 6. That means I need more thyroid. I’m hoping I will be able to solve this by taking more T4 but my heart reacts with pain to increase in thyroid so for the time being I’m holding back and supplementing with T3.

Dr Peat talks about a case where a woman took all of her T3 in the morning and started to get very hypothyroid by night time (cold feet, low temp etc). Basically your body cancels out the rest of the T3 it can’t use at that time. I was taking 25 mcg T3 at one time all at once and one of my liver enzymes started to rise because my liver was working overtime canceling all the excess T3. As soon as I dialed the T3 back to 5 mcg at a time, my liver enzyme went back to normal.

The problem for a lot of people is their body can’t convert T4 into T3 which is the form it can use. So they take a lot of T4 and still have hypothyroid symptoms. Doctors in the USA will usually only prescribe T4. They don’t acknowledge the problems people have with conversion.

So you have to experiment. Are you one of those lucky people who can take only T4 and have no hypothyroid symptoms, nice temperature in the 98s all day? Or do you have to introduce T3 with your T4?
Thanks for responding @oxphoser and @FitnessMike - my experience using T4 is increased reverse T3 over a period of a few months. I’ve used tyromax and Tyroene but found accurate dosing tricky and RT3 kept going up. I’ve got some cynomel as well as cynoplus and would really like to try thyroid again. I’ve even bought the micro scales!! I’m struggling to work out when to put the cynoplus in and how much. I’ll watch this thread for info on the t3 dosing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals