Your Experiences With Cascara/Emodin?

Discussion in 'Cascara Sagrada' started by Logan-, May 4, 2020.

1. Logan-

Logan- Member

Could you share your experiences with it?

2. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

It's typically recommended to have right before bed, but I've found 1/8th of a tsp sometime before lunch, my bowel movement the next day seems to be in more quantity.

3. OP
    Logan-

Logan- Member

Thanks. Any difference in your energy metabolism, mood, mental concentration etc.?

4. Beastmode

Beastmode Member

Not from that specifically, minus a sense of improved "clearing" in my bowels.

I have the healthnatura one. Going to get some of Well Aged Cascara Sagrada and see if I notice anything different.

Will report back!

5. Waynish

Waynish Member

I used a very high quality one and found it not to be very powerful for me personally.

6. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

I mix it in with a tbsp of juice to form a slurry and then fill the glass with juice and mix well.

Digestion has been great all my life, but transit was the first thing which slowed during severe illness.

I think there are concerns with long term use of cascara, but infrequent use or during periods of stress, helps clear the bowels and prevent endotoxin load.

In healthy people, it may be helpful to use for 2-3 days once a month, to clear the digestive tract.

It's still safer than antibiotics, or activated charcoal. So it's very safe, and useful. I used it recently when I was having flu/covid respiratory symptoms, because emodin was found to be helpful in previous coronaviruses.

7. OP
    Logan-

Logan- Member

8. OP
    Logan-

Logan- Member