Your experience with ONS ??

Bluemachine

Curious as to people's experience with one night stands..
do they feel like a needed release?
do they leave you feeling empty & unsatisfied?
something other?
has this changed as has your health/metabolic state?

Charlieb91

They're very overrated. You'll end up at 7am with below average sex. You're better off having a decent conversation meeting the next day and developing a connection which equates to a better sex life that lasts long term.

It depends on the person if they make you feel empty, I find if they're a attractive, fun, positive person I feel great and also how much prolactin is elevated because of ejaculation.

I think it's mostly age related but in my youth I wanted to hop on everything which could of been estrogen related, now I'm not so focused on it and it's more laid back if I find someone decent on tinder or I'm out at a bar or nightclub I'll talk to someone I like and go from there.

OP
B

Bluemachine

They're very overrated. You'll end up at 7am with below average sex. You're better off having a decent conversation meeting the next day and developing a connection which equates to a better sex life that lasts long term.
this has been my experience but I didn't want to assume it was the same for everyone as I imagine there's variables.
I remember enjoying them more when i was younger but then i'd also probably never had a sex life with a partner I had a genuine connection with & really cared for.

BearWithMe

There is nothing wrong with ONS per se.

Sometimes you just don't click with the person you have f***d and you don't want to see them again, that's normal.

When you feel empty & unsatisfied after sex, it is because you f***d the wrong person, not because it was ONS.

Sex with the right person WILL be incredibly satisfying no matter if it was ONS or if it is LTR.

And vice versa, sex with the wrong person will suck no matter how many times you f**k them.

Looking for ONS on purpose and purposefuly avoiding any kind of long term relationships is emotional immaturity and it is definitely unhealthy, though.

Are you female, OP?

jnklheimer

What’s the point of (as a man) releasing your creative energy with someone you don’t really plan to cultivate something with? Idk

BearWithMe

1) To spread your seed? Increasing the chance your genes will be passed for further generations? This is our primary driver in life and everything we do
2) You don't really know before you try
3) Sex doesn't leave you with less creative energy, quite the opposite actually

ursidae

1) To spread your seed? Increasing the chance your genes will be passed for further generations? This is our primary driver in life and everything we do
how do you apply doing one night stands to spread your seed in the modern times. impregnating the woman and ghosting her? Yes some people really do that

BearWithMe

how do you apply doing one night stands to spread your seed in the modern times. impregnating the woman and ghosting her? Yes some people really do that
I'm vasectomised and I would never had condomless sex with new partner. Rationally, I know I don't want children and I will never have any, but I still feel an urge to spread my seed, because I'm programmed like that by nature.

Modern times doesn't change human nature and our primal instincts