Your Experience With Florassist With Phage Please

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Phages have had a profound positive effect on me. I'm still taking them, probably 3 months in.

My intestine is just really good. I don't have any soiling of underwear. My bowel movements are always good. I can tolerate starch even without much problem. It's just been amazing.

Note I am staying away from starch on the whole. And I am taking thyroid. But I found that these phages this time around really helped. they didn't help as much a year or so ago when I took them then, probably because I still had other issues.

This whole recovery thing is really a process.

Advocate2021

You can do it that way I suppose. I don't mind the taste so I basically bite it open and suck out the liquid. #caveman
Hello. Do you mean just drink the clear sweet liquid and discard the second green capsule that is inside the clear capsule? So only take the clear liquid part of the supplement and throw all the rest away (both capsules and whatever is inside the green capsule which appears to be the solid probiotic strains)?

Beastmode

Hello. Do you mean just drink the clear sweet liquid and discard the second green capsule that is inside the clear capsule? So only take the clear liquid part of the supplement and throw all the rest away (both capsules and whatever is inside the green capsule which appears to be the solid probiotic strains)?

Only consume the liquid. Throw the capsules away.

Advocate2021

Only consume the liquid. Throw the capsules away.
Thank you so much-- wonder if mine are even good anymore as left over from a couple years ago. I had never realized I was only supposed to take that small amount of liquid from them and had been taking the full capsules probably for well over a year with little result after Dr. Peat had mentioned the product to me in early 2017. Revisiting much and he had also shared in 2019 that bacteriophage combined with spore biotics would be very effective. I have had excellent effects from microbiome labs program but am doing some fine tuning--we are always in process. But I had sent Dr. Peat the microbiome labs link and he was approving of the megasporebiotic strains and HU 58 (bacillus subtilis). I highly reccommend the microbiome labs probiotics and a specific protocol is in place for dysbiosis.

Beastmode

Thank you so much-- wonder if mine are even good anymore as left over from a couple years ago. I had never realized I was only supposed to take that small amount of liquid from them and had been taking the full capsules probably for well over a year with little result after Dr. Peat had mentioned the product to me in early 2017. Revisiting much and he had also shared in 2019 that bacteriophage combined with spore biotics would be very effective. I have had excellent effects from microbiome labs program but am doing some fine tuning--we are always in process. But I had sent Dr. Peat the microbiome labs link and he was approving of the megasporebiotic strains and HU 58 (bacillus subtilis). I highly reccommend the microbiome labs probiotics and a specific protocol is in place for dysbiosis.

Would love to see the email exchange about this b/n you and Dr. Peat.

I've never heard or read anything from him liking any kind of probiotic. The bacteriophage one is the closest I've heard him talk about in the past 10 years.

Advocate2021

Would love to see the email exchange about this b/n you and Dr. Peat.

I've never heard or read anything from him liking any kind of probiotic. The bacteriophage one is the closest I've heard him talk about in the past 10 years.
part 1 of thechain copied below in reverse order from my initial inquiry regarding the microbiome labs sporebiotics, so read from bottom and work way up:

RP:
It was called Biosporin, from the Ukraine. There were a few articles about it on PubMed.
cleardot.gif

On Aug 22, 2018, at 9:15 PM, I wrote:
Wow that’s what I have been doing - the combo of the two. What product have you used with the subtilus and licheniformis?

On Aug 22, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Ray Peat wrote:

I have used a product with B. subtilis and B. licheniformis, and they are effective, and I don’t know of any harmful effect of the other organisms. In my experience, the effect was noticeable the first day. Combining it with bacteriophage, such as Florassist, might be even more effective.

On Aug 21, 2018, I wrote:
Hi Dr. Peat. Checking in--how are you? do you have any knowledge/opinion re this?
MegaSporeBiotic™ | #1 Spore-Based Probiotic and Antioxidant

Advocate2021

Part 2 of same chain in reverse order so read from bottom upward:

RP: I just use it if I notice symptoms starting, such as a change of bowel rhythm.
cleardot.gif

On Aug 23, 2018, I wrote:
Is it better to take a few days a week or to cycle a few months on and then a few months off do you think?

On Aug 23, 2018, at 7:29 PM, Ray Peat wrote:

Yes, to avoid constant use of the excipient.

On Aug 23, 2018, at 3:06 PM, I wrote:
So would you suggest taking a few times per week instead of daily or take for a few months , then a few months off , then again for a few months etc?

On Aug 23, 2018, Ray Peat wrote:

They should be able to multiply in the intestine, but it’s probably good to take some in periodically, in case they don’t persist.

On Aug 22, 2018, at 10:56 PM, I wrote:
Do you think that the floraassist And the other are beneficial enough that they should be a permanent daily regimen or only for certain amounts of time rotated or used at a different frequency than daily ongoing !

golder

Does anyone have any experience with Florassist combined with Biosporin at the same time? Would be great to hear if there has been any success stories with these two? Thanks!

Advocate2021

I am currently taking the microbiome labs probiotics which Dr. Peat approved per our correspondence (same active strains as Biosporin) as beneficial and only the phages in flora-assist and can report my progress-- I only added the phages in isolation to my ongoing microbiome probiotic regimen yesterday ( ive been on the microbiome probiotics in varying regimens for a couple of years with excellent results) and have experienced improvement in terms of motility since yesterday but still in progress.

By way of background: I had a phone consultation with Dr. Peat in 1998 after estrogen poisoning by the medical profession for 12 years as I had not menstruated at almost 18. I found his pms to menopause book in a bookstore and realized the medical error and why I was such a train wreck at then 28. So, I corresponded with Dr. Peat pretty consistently up to last year for over 20 years. And even so, with resolution of so much, I continued to suffer from severe hypersensitivity to chemicals and many allergies. I think tweaking the intestine might be the key and the missing piece from my health puzzle as other than that, I had really resolved everything else with his teachings.

golder

I am currently taking the microbiome labs probiotics which Dr. Peat approved per our correspondence (same active strains as Biosporin) as beneficial and only the phages in flora-assist and can report my progress-- I only added the phages in isolation to my ongoing microbiome probiotic regimen yesterday ( ive been on the microbiome probiotics in varying regimens for a couple of years with excellent results) and have experienced improvement in terms of motility since yesterday but still in progress.

By way of background: I had a phone consultation with Dr. Peat in 1998 after estrogen poisoning by the medical profession for 12 years as I had not menstruated at almost 18. I found his pms to menopause book in a bookstore and realized the medical error and why I was such a train wreck at then 28. So, I corresponded with Dr. Peat pretty consistently up to last year for over 20 years. And even so, with resolution of so much, I continued to suffer from severe hypersensitivity to chemicals and many allergies. I think tweaking the intestine might be the key and the missing piece from my health puzzle as other than that, I had really resolved everything else with his teachings.
Amazing insight, thank you. Glad to hear you’ve finally had success with many of your issues - great testament to perseverance. Could you let us know what you have found has helped you most over the years with digestion/motility/intestinal health? Much appreciate your help :)

Beastmode

Regarding the email chain with Peat, that's helpful. I always feel good after the bacteriophage so maybe I'll give this probiotic a try. Is it sold primarily through their site or can it be purchased outside of a practitioner who sells it?

golder

Also, since Peat recommends this periodically (in the hope that it will eventually repopulate itself in the stomach...do you think a more aggressive and intermittent approach would be better....say like 3 or 4 vials of Biosporin combined with 5 or 10 caps of Florassist? Everything feels like a bit of guesswork with the digestion/intestine, but would there be any logic to this? Appreciate any expertise!

Beastmode

Also, since Peat recommends this periodically (in the hope that it will eventually repopulate itself in the stomach...do you think a more aggressive and intermittent approach would be better....say like 3 or 4 vials of Biosporin combined with 5 or 10 caps of Florassist? Everything feels like a bit of guesswork with the digestion/intestine, but would there be any logic to this? Appreciate any expertise!

The Florassist compared to the amounts that were used in the studies from Eastern Europe I believe is nowhere near the same. I took 5+ of them at a time for a bit and it definitely had a positive effect on my gut, but only seemed to last for as long as I was taking them. Stacked with a safe probiotic, like mentioned above, your assertion might be just what is needed. Removing as close to 100% of any hard to digest foods, etc seems to be the hardest part of any of my experiments thus far.

I think having clear metrics, that align for the individual, so the emotions aren't driving the experiment are a huge key. Most people don't seem excited about keeping a consistent log of body temps/pulse/mood/activity level for a long enough time I think.

Advocate2021

Regarding the email chain with Peat, that's helpful. I always feel good after the bacteriophage so maybe I'll give this probiotic a try. Is it sold primarily through their site or can it be purchased outside of a practitioner who sells it?
It is sold through practitioners but many sell it on line-- I used to get through Featured Best Sellers until I lucked out and now have a friend who is a distributor and can get from her. The gut rebuilding program from microbiome labs has had the most positive effect for me in terms of gut mobiltity of anything I have ever tried; yet I am still finetuning and will share more in other replies

Advocate2021

When I called life extensions a while back at end of 2016, the health rep said if getting a kickstart could take 3 per day of florassist-- breakfast, lunch and dinner and as things settled could decrease. I was just taking the capsules whole at that time, trying to use it to re-establish balance from a stressful winter in NYC that had thrown me for a loop. I think I am having much better effect now because of having been on the microbiome products these last couple of years. not sure how biosporin compares dose-wise to the strains it shares with the microbiome probiotics- HU 58 is 10 billion bacillus subtillus and megaspore has it as well- but I am currently taking two mega spore and 2 bacillus subtillus capsules per day as well as 2 of another -- s boulardi. the 2-2-2 regimen is recommended for dysbiosis. I am also doing the IGG from same company and megamucosa which I have been doing for about a year and half.

Advocate2021

When I called life extensions a while back at end of 2016, the health rep said if getting a kickstart could take 3 per day of florassist-- breakfast, lunch and dinner and as things settled could decrease. I was just taking the capsules whole at that time, trying to use it to re-establish balance from a stressful winter in NYC that had thrown me for a loop. I think I am having much better effect now because of having been on the microbiome products these last couple of years. not sure how biosporin compares dose-wise to the strains it shares with the microbiome probiotics- HU 58 is 10 billion bacillus subtillus and megaspore has it as well- but I am currently taking two mega spore and 2 bacillus subtillus capsules per day as well as 2 of another -- s boulardi. the 2-2-2 regimen is recommended for dysbiosis. I am also doing the IGG from same company and megamucosa which I have been doing for about a year and half.
I was doing quite well, other than my chemical sensitivities, for about four years after the 2016 stressful time. Stress set me off again beginning of November this year from fire evacuation and aftermath , dental work (always gets me), etc. and thankfully my knowledge has directed me right back to where I need to be. Although I believe the microbiome program has had the greatest effect of anything I have ever tried for my intestinal health, it did not solve my chemical sensitvity and allergies as I had hoped despite my amazingly improved bowel function, and as I have been researching, it seems these could stem from bacterial imbalance in the intestine; so I am tweaking my regimen and seeing what happens. Stress seems to hit me as a sinus infection which had happened in the 2016 episode and in this recent episode.

By the time I got to Dr. Peat in 2016, I had already been treated medically with 3 rounds of antibiotics and a steroid-- was trying to function as an attorney in NYC at the time and rashly went that route and it was a disaster and huge health set-back. When I caught up with Dr. Peat after the fact, he told me I probably never even had had a sinus infection --that it was coming from the intestine most likely and that the bacteriophage would have taken care of it most likely. Live and learn as they say and I used flora-assist for quite some time thereafter. I did not have nearly the effect from that as I have had from the microbiome program; but since I am still tweaking and remembering the email from Dr Peat about the combo, adding the bacteriophage back and maybe this will be the golden bullet!

golder

I was doing quite well, other than my chemical sensitivities, for about four years after the 2016 stressful time. Stress set me off again beginning of November this year from fire evacuation and aftermath , dental work (always gets me), etc. and thankfully my knowledge has directed me right back to where I need to be. Although I believe the microbiome program has had the greatest effect of anything I have ever tried for my intestinal health, it did not solve my chemical sensitvity and allergies as I had hoped despite my amazingly improved bowel function, and as I have been researching, it seems these could stem from bacterial imbalance in the intestine; so I am tweaking my regimen and seeing what happens. Stress seems to hit me as a sinus infection which had happened in the 2016 episode and in this recent episode.

By the time I got to Dr. Peat in 2016, I had already been treated medically with 3 rounds of antibiotics and a steroid-- was trying to function as an attorney in NYC at the time and rashly went that route and it was a disaster and huge health set-back. When I caught up with Dr. Peat after the fact, he told me I probably never even had had a sinus infection --that it was coming from the intestine most likely and that the bacteriophage would have taken care of it most likely. Live and learn as they say and I used flora-assist for quite some time thereafter. I did not have nearly the effect from that as I have had from the microbiome program; but since I am still tweaking and remembering the email from Dr Peat about the combo, adding the bacteriophage back and maybe this will be the golden bullet!
Would you mind keeping us posted with how the combination of Biosporin and Floraphage goes? Fingers crossed for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals