Your experience with coffee/caffeine in context of hypothyroidism?

FitnessMike

Lamp

I eat PUFA hospital cafeteria food for lunch every now and then at the hospital that I work at (okay, everyday). I used to always come back to lunch with brain fog and a cold scalp, but since I started drinking coffee with my lunch, that no longer happens.

Hiccup25

Coffee with lunch increases my temp.
I have aspirin with dinner and it increases as well.
If i dont do one or the other I get cold hands like the last post

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Coffee with lunch increases my temp.
I have aspirin with dinner and it increases as well.
If i dont do one or the other I get cold hands like the last post
That's Great, i started the coffee and will build up slowly, so far was hesitant because in the past even small amount caffeine would magnify stress response at night.

So far it does not trigger a stress response, probably due to the fact that i take 5g taurine in the morning and 5g later in the day, i hope it clear the liver and this will lower my RT3 and/or help with metabolism in general.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

bump

lampofred

Coffee and aspirin are much more pro-metabolic for me than thyroid itself.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Coffee and aspirin are much more pro-metabolic for me than thyroid itself.
So seems like you have got problem with something else than hormone levels them self and these are helping you utilise thyroid hormones?

Razvan

So seems like you have got problem with something else than hormone levels them self and these are helping you utilise thyroid hormones?
No, coffee feels very thyroid activating from the awakening glutamate effect that it has. Pregnenolone also acts like this.

Vileplume

Coffee has always had a huge pro-thyroid effect on me. Even at my most hypothyroid, when I guit carnivore over a year ago and my temps were down around 96, coffee gave me a huge positive mood boost and great energy. My thyroid function has improved since then and I still love coffee.

PaRa

IME coffee is mostly a substitue to thyroid and/or histamine
(better mood, anti serotonin, helps with transit time, focus, energy)

and it’s one of the best remedy when youre overmethylated, maybe why Matt Blackburn is consuming so so much sugared coffee lol, he can’t function without it

not saying it’s useless, can help sometimes and it’s great for better workout or so but if you’re relying on coffee to function, maybe something is wrong with you

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

No, coffee feels very thyroid activating from the awakening glutamate effect that it has. Pregnenolone also acts like this.
so does it only feel like thyroid stimulating via the glutamate, or is it actually?

Razvan

so does it only feel like thyroid stimulating via the glutamate, or is it actually?
Also stimulates the thyroid in a lot of ways but makes you think it's more stimulating than thyroid via glutamate ,but in fact thyroid does more.

LucyL

When I had black tea (with milk and sugar) in the morning, before breakfast, my temps and pulse post breakfast would still decline. When I stopped drinking the tea alone, before breakfast, my post breakfast temp and pulse rose. It was extremely clear cut, and sustained.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

When I had black tea (with milk and sugar) in the morning, before breakfast, my temps and pulse post breakfast would still decline. When I stopped drinking the tea alone, before breakfast, my post breakfast temp and pulse rose. It was extremely clear cut, and sustained.
did you ever try to drink it after a meal?

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

bump